Cunard Private Air?

bluemarble

I happened to notice this "Cunard Private Air" blurb for the first time today on the Cunard website for North America. I've found this on the "Cunard CompleteAir", "Grills Experience" and "Grill Suite Offer" pages of the North America site. I can't find this on the Cunard UK website, but then I don't think the Cunard CompleteAir program as such applies to the UK anyway given that flights are often included in UK bookings. This looks like something that's being marketed to Grills customers so it's highly unlikely we'll be taking advantage of this service. Just wondering if this is something new or something I've just missed in my past scavenger hunts of the Cunard website.

Cunard Private Air.

Our Private Air service offers guests the opportunity to travel to or from our ports in ultimate luxury. Cunard Private Air utilizes a global network of operators who adhere to the highest international and U.S. Federal Aviation Administration standards, and who appreciate what it means to provide exceptional service with a fleet of private jets that include a range of sizes and models. Each flight is operated with health and safety protocols designed for today's travel environment.
To learn more or book your Private Air,
please call us at (800) 728-6273.

I have not heard of it before.  But I'd think that anybody in a financial position to use Private Air would already be using similar services.  It used to be that only the uber-wealthy had private air:  Those with the means to own and maintain aircraft and keep a flight crew on a payroll.  Today however there is "fractional ownership" of aircraft or the purchase of "flight hours" that makes it much more affordable. 

In some cases it can be an attractive tranportation option.  Instead of patching together connecting commercial flights one could take a private plane directly from Small City to an embarktion port. 

Posted (edited)

I think this is PR, aimed at raising the image of the Grills. I doubt they expect many takers. Maybe a few people who live on East coast or mid of US to get to QM2 in NY.

Anyone who can afford a long-haul private jet won't be on Cunard

Edited by Windsurfboy

38 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

A quick bit of research UK to NY for two is $60000 ,  anyone who can afford this will not be on a mid market line like Cunard

In your opinion only.

Seabourn also offers “Private Air”.   Doubt they would offer this if they didn’t have some takers.

I know of a few passengers on Seabourn who have utilized the “private air” in the past.   It was a group of 6 passengers probably making it affordable to folks who usually travel in First Class.