Aqua Class Cabins - Are They worth it?

Bluewezzie

Nope.  The Blu Dining room is nice, but the cabin locations are in some of the worst spots on the ship.  Under the pool deck or other high traffic areas.   This late in the booking process it's likely only the poor cabin locations are left.  

• Like 1

Depends. I like the heated loungers in the spa and I like the aqua class restaurant BUT, I don’t know if the spa will be open when cruising restarts. Also, on a resent cruise I booked with the difference in price between aqua class and concierge class we can eat in a specialty restaurant each night. 

• Like 1

No.

Blu Dining Room, while it is a gorgeous dining room, the food is a bit lacking, IMO.  Some good, but not enough.  Plus, unless you're one to go to the spa every single day, the cost just isn't worth it.  Might as well just stick with Concierge and save some $$.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bluewezzie said:

Looking to book an Aqua Class accessible cabin, can anyone give me a heads up if they are worth it as this is the only option for the particular sailing.

Thanks for your help

The only accessible cabin option ratger than the balcony accessible I meant to say

You didn't say which ship.   If it's an M class ship where the only accessible AQ cabin is aft on deck 9.  I'd jump on it.  Yes you might get a bit of noise from the outdoor seating above but the huge (wide and deep) balcony would totally make up for it in my mind.

Edited by wrk2cruise

24 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Nope.  The Blu Dining room is nice, but the cabin locations are in some of the worst spots on the ship.  Under the pool deck or other high traffic areas.   This late in the booking process it's likely only the poor cabin locations are left.  

Does that include the Celebrity Silhouette?

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You didn't say which ship.   If it's an M class ship where the only accessible AQ cabin is aft on deck 9.  I'd jump on it.  Yes you might get a bit of noise from the outdoor seating above but the huge *wide and deep) balcony would totally make up for it in my mind.

Silhouette Sorry

We mostly book AQ. We really enjoy Blu, although I know others don’t.  Check your cabin number in the S-Class cabin spreadsheet in the sticky at the top of the Celebrity forum for information about the cabins you are considering.

It depends on what is important to you. I liked aqua class and DH loved it because he enjoyed Blu and the spa so much. Those are really the only benefits worth paying extra to get so if you aren't interested in them get a verandah if an accessible one is available. 

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Nope.  The Blu Dining room is nice, but the cabin locations are in some of the worst spots on the ship.  Under the pool deck or other high traffic areas.   

This is not the case for accessible cabins, pee.  We sail in 1540, forward starboard (except for Reflection), and the accessibles are right up the hall.  1538 is under the hair salon with us.  Super quiet.

We have enjoyed Aqua class if the price is right.

Blu is nice however the tables are so close together that you have no privacy.

The spa privileges are okay. No thalassotherapy pool.

The staterooms are exactly the same size as a concierge and veranda balconies just a tweak in the decor and a fancier shower head.

If the difference is more than $75 CDN per night per stateroom I just book a normal veranda balcony and will try and get a day pass or two for the spa.

Would rather spend the difference in stateroom fare on specialty dining.

• Like 1

We usually book Aqua because my wife likes dining in Blu and we make some use of the spa facilities.  On our one trip aboard the Edge, I liked the variety in the 4 main dining rooms and the Blu dining room on that ship has obstructed views out the windows.  My personal opinion is it is not worth it, but if the wife wants it…

• Like 1

We love Aqua Class, especially Blu. We have found the cabins to be in great locations for us. We just booked 3 cabins on the Equinox for January 2022 on deck 11 aft. It is a long walk but we love the quietness and privacy of the location. We have stayed in this location on the S class many times. Plus a few extra steps is needed with all the great food and drinks!! 

For my money on an S-class ship, Aqua is worth about $25 more per day per person than a regular balcony, simply because Blu is an upgrade from the MDR. If Aqua costs more than that (and sometimes even if it costs less), we would prefer to spend the $25+ per day on specialty restaurants to upgrade our dining experience. The Persian Gardens are a nice perk but can be crowded, making it difficult to get your "money's worth," so I don't really factor that into the equation (except on Reflection, where the PG is larger and more interesting than other ships).

We have booked AQ a lot and we only had a bad night once when they decided to have Silent Disco starting at 11PM right above our cabin in the Aqua Spa cafe area. We like Blu but never use the Persian Garden.

I don't know where you're at, OP, with tier points but AQ gets 5/night.

For us, 100% yes!  Unless we can afford a suite (which we rarely can), we always book Aqua Class.  Specifically, we like the option to dine in Blu, and we like that we can have breakfast as well as dinner there - much more relaxing than the MDR or buffet for breakfast!  We rarely use the spa benefits, but on S class in particular if you are a spa person that is a nice perk.  

Some love Blu; some don't.  We are the former

• Like 4

I also like Aqua. I need shade, so the deep overhangs are a plus for me. It's a little noisier, but I'm quite a light sleeper and I can shrug it off - never had the Silent Disco problem. I enjoy Persian Gardens at least once or twice a trip and like not having to plan to go, as you would with a day pass.

Food in Blu is good, I prefer it to most of the specialty restaurants. but it isn't Luminae. The tables are extremely close together.

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Agree. Blu is nice, but doesn't make up for being stuck under the overhang.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Agree. Blu is nice, but doesn't make up for being stuck under the overhang.

That's why we book forward.  Hate the overhang. 1546-1540 starboard on most S class.  Reflection is a little different.  I agree with the previous poster that Blu on Edge Class is in a lousy spot.  Wouldn't pay for it.  Then again I hate the IV so E class is a no go for us.  One and done.

• Like 1

I think the previous posts fairly well cover the topic.   Blu is nice, smaller, with a healthier menu.   The healthier menu is not for everyone.    My daughter does not eat meat, but eats fish, so this was a real plus for her.    I enjoyed the Persian Gardens and visited many times, but my mother went once and did not take advantage of them for the rest of the cruise.   So everything depends on where your own preferences and priorities fall.   Just because I wouldn't hesitate to book Aqua for a couple of hundred dollars for the entire cruise per room (not per person) doesn't mean I'd pay a thousand dollars for the privilege.   If you're not interested in dining at Blu or using the Persian Gardens it does not pay.   If I was looking at value, I'd also consider whether I could spend the money off the ship on great meals while in port, depending on your itinerary.   That's something many people overlook -- the opportunity to have a fantastic meal that is not included in the price of the cruise, but you could budget for.   Also, because of the limited number of accessible cabins in Aqua class, you may be stuck with a cabin that is not to your liking.   Spend some time looking at your ship's deck plan.   That's a good investment.