Anyone have any concerns that ships won't be sailing out of Miami by 2022?

I ask because I have a sailing on the Summit in April and would like to make full payment soon, which is fine if I a high level of confidence that it will be a 'go'.  I do have a high level of confidence at the moment and I've been mostly on the conservative side of cruises starting up.  Anyhow, is anyone really concerned that the schedule for Celebrity will muck things up in someway?  I'm assuming short of some new crazy variant, that COVID won't be the reason, especially out of Florida.

If I do pay, do I have the right to cancel at any point for FCC?  If I can and do cancel because things get changed, I will only get FCC which has to be used on a sailing that departs by 9/30/22???

Not sure why your final payment is due soon for an April 2022 cruise except for your TA requiring that early on a final. And of course no one, not even the Cruise Lines know for sure, but no idea why, especially if it’s not a COVID reoccurrence, that Celebrity wouldn’t be maintaining their plans that include Miami. I guess if somehow it moved over to FLL, that wouldn’t be a big deal but that’s about the only ‘concern’ which I’d think is minimal. 

Look at your contract, but if you booked under the recent X rules, yes, you’d get FCC if you cancel. Again, check your own contract or talk with your TA. We can assume your situation is similar to the majority, but……

den

• Like 1

To be clear, the payment is not "due", I just merely want to make it as I like to get financial obligations out of the way as soon as humanly possible.  At the moment, I also have the added motivation (though it probably only makes a little bit of difference) of having a new credit card promotional spend minimum that I am dealing with.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

If I do pay, do I have the right to cancel at any point for FCC?  If I can and do cancel because things get changed, I will only get FCC which has to be used on a sailing that departs by 9/30/22???

The Cruise with Confidence policy terms are at the link below. (I'm assuming you booked under that policy, but do check that.) Note that it says if you cancel outside the penalty phase, "your refund will be issued to the original form of payment."  FCCs are only issued when cancellation is "within any phase of penalty."

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence?cid=ps_mest_goog_rtlgnr_1702_hp_albr_us_8332&&cid=ps_mest_goog_rtlgnr_1702_hp_albr_us_8332&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0PTMxZ_58AIVLQaICR1aDgy4EAAYASAAEgIt-_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not sure why you would make final payment "soon" for a cruise in April 2022, especially given the concerns you expressed in your post. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why would you make your final payment now? Regardless of what might happen with COVID (4th wave), countless things could happen between now and when your final payment is actually due. Why tie up money (giving the cruiseline an interest free pile of money to use in the interim), and then have to jump through hoops if something goes sideways? And still possibly be stuck with an FCC, not cash. Spending thousands just to break in a new credit card doesn't sound very fiscally smart.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mom says said:

Spending thousands just to break in a new credit card doesn't sound very fiscally smart.

The cruise is a very short one and less than $1000 total and in this particular situation, being fiscally smart was never a motivation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mom says said:

Why would you make your final payment now? Regardless of what might happen with COVID (4th wave), countless things could happen between now and when your final payment is actually due. Why tie up money (giving the cruiseline an interest free pile of money to use in the interim), and then have to jump through hoops if something goes sideways? And still be stuck with an FCC, not cash.

The OP gave their reasons. We may disagree, but that’s why they want to now. I always put my final due date on my calendar and make the payment a week prior or so, especially with Lines that give you discounts for eChecks. But that’s me. 

OP, doublecheck what your reservation says but most likely you are right about getting an FCC. Not sure about the ‘must use date’. 

den

Just now, Denny01 said:

OP, doublecheck what your reservation says but most likely you are right about getting an FCC. Not sure about the ‘must use date’. 

Den, the "must use date" is in the T&Cs a couple of us have linked to above.   And no FCC if the cancellation is before the penalty phase  -- you get a refund.  I assume that's the case even if the OP has made final payment before it's actually due.  (OP should confirm that with her TA.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mom says said:

Why would you make your final payment now? Regardless of what might happen with COVID (4th wave), countless things could happen between now and when your final payment is actually due. Why tie up money (giving the cruiseline an interest free pile of money to use in the interim), and then have to jump through hoops if something goes sideways? And still possibly be stuck with an FCC, not cash. Spending thousands just to break in a new credit card doesn't sound very fiscally smart.

I don’t see where the OP mentioned anything about breaking in a new credit card.

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I don’t see where the OP mentioned anything about breaking in a new credit card.

Post #4

• Thanks 1

I sure hope it happens.  I booked for December, 2021 out of Miami.    

If you have concerns, pay as late as you can to still take advantage of the Card bonus.

April 2022 is an incredibly long way off in today's world. Unless there is some sort of monumental disruption yet again, I would be pretty confident your cruise would sail. Itinerary or ship changes are always a possibility, even more so now, but you would be accommodated in one way or another. 

• Thanks 1