2021 Rotterdam Sailing

MrsS471

We are booked on the Rotterdam, supposedly sailing on September 19th for a 21 night Viking Saga and Jewels of the Baltic cruise.  The highlight for us will be a 2 day visit to St. Petersburg.  Firstly, we're worried the cruise won't actually happen because of the travel restrictions due to Covid.  Secondly, if the itinerary has to be changed and St. Petersburg is excluded, we wouldn't want to take the cruise.  Any thoughts or insider info of this sailing?

Thanks so much.

We are on the cruise right after you, a 24 night transatlantic. I think the actual cruise will take place but I do wonder about the itinerary. The ship departs from Amsterdam and then returns for an overnight. That's the port we most want to visit.

I also feel a little silly; I have been reading reviews on the Rotterdam and now I find out it's a brand new ship just being launched in  early August!

We are booked on this cruise plus other back to backs all the way to Florida. We have several very active and large Roll Calls which we welcome you  to join and participate.

We and others have the same questions? 

Yesterday it was announced the crew would be arriving July 10 so to us that was some encouraging news.

We are optimistic the cruises will go but do feel there could be some itinerary changes if certain countries  or ports deny entry. Time will tell and we do know Hal is working very hard on negotiating and compliances to make it happen.

Here is link to Roll Calls. There is also one for Sep 19th sailing.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2757241-38-days-jewels-of-the-baltic-european-capitals-and-transatlantic-to-florida-september-26-2021-to-nov-3-2021/page/38/#comments

Edited by aliaschief

On 6/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, MrsS471 said:

We are booked on the Rotterdam, supposedly sailing on September 19th for a 21 night Viking Saga and Jewels of the Baltic cruise.  The highlight for us will be a 2 day visit to St. Petersburg.  Firstly, we're worried the cruise won't actually happen because of the travel restrictions due to Covid.  Secondly, if the itinerary has to be changed and St. Petersburg is excluded, we wouldn't want to take the cruise.  Any thoughts or insider info of this sailing?

Thanks so much.

Glad you have booked the cruise, please join the Roll Call for the Sept. 19th 2021 cruise, here is the link.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2767501-rotterdam-september-19-26-2021-viking-saga/

We are the hosts for the Sept. 19th cruise Meet & Greet.  Our recent contact with our tour operator in St. Petersburg verified that tours are already operating and things look promising.

Rick & Joyce