Carnival Horizon Wifi speed

How is the Wifi on the Horizon.  I am a content creator and plan on documenting the voyage and was wondering what the bandwidth is like.  This will be my first cruise on Carnival in 20+ years.

1 hour ago, misguy said:

How is the Wifi on the Horizon.  I am a content creator and plan on documenting the voyage and was wondering what the bandwidth is like.  This will be my first cruise on Carnival in 20+ years.

On my last cruise on the Horizon about 2 1/2 years ago, I thought the WiFi was pretty good for a cruise ship, but my needs were more modest than yours are likely to be (e-mail, random surfing, a few games).  I had the Value plan; you might investigate investing in the Premium plan - it's more expensive, but streaming is allowed with it, and it might be faster overall.

I'm done with the relevant content, but for the other person that's left, I'm trying to think of my Internet access at home back in 2001, 20 years ago.  I think I was a year or two away from DSL, which meant that I was still using a 56k modem to access the Net.  Pretty slow.  I can't imagine anyone outside the bridge having WiFi on a cruise ship then.  I'd say we've come a long way.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, misguy said:

I’ve been able to upload videos pretty quick on Horizon’s sister ships, Vista and Panorama, with premium wifi. Those are the only three ships in the fleet I’d attempt it with. They significantly are better wifi than the other carnival ships.

Edited by Saint Greg
44 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

On my last cruise on the Horizon about 2 1/2 years ago, I thought the WiFi was pretty good for a cruise ship, but my needs were more modest than yours are likely to be (e-mail, random surfing, a few games).  I had the Value plan; you might investigate investing in the Premium plan - it's more expensive, but streaming is allowed with it, and it might be faster overall.

I'm done with the relevant content, but for the other person that's left, I'm trying to think of my Internet access at home back in 2001, 20 years ago.  I think I was a year or two away from DSL, which meant that I was still using a 56k modem to access the Net.  Pretty slow.  I can't imagine anyone outside the bridge having WiFi on a cruise ship then.  I'd say we've come a long way.

I was very much on-line 20 years ago, I have been working on computers for almost 50 years, but 20 years ago, I would have thought about trying to connect ship to shore.  It will be interesting to see how Starlink impacts cruise internet.

On both Victory and Liberty in 2019, I was able to stream without issues on the value plan, using a VPN. So if you already have a VPN, it may be worth saving a few dollars and getting the cheaper internet plan.