Independence and Mariner approved for test cruises!

34 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I wouldn't bet on that. I think crew acquisition and vaccination is the delay

• Like 1

What about the port in Tampa? I'm scheduled on Brilliance Mid- September. No word on Tampa or Brilliance.  Do the tests in the 3 ports scheduled now open up sailing in others without do the tests from each port individually? I was hoping to see Brilliance on the ship test list next.

Edited by Uniqeni
Added punctuation

1 minute ago, Uniqeni said:

What about the port in Tampa? I'm scheduled on Brilliance Mid- September. No word on Tampa or Brilliance.  Do the tests in the 3 ports scheduled now open up sailing in others without do the tests from each port individually?

No.  Every ship that sails under the CSO needs to do its own test cruises or meet the 95% pax/98% crew vaccination standard.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

I need Navigator to get the test cruise so we can go on our last cruise on her out of Miami in Sept.  Then she goes to the West Coast and we won't go on her again

IMO I think they might swap Freedom into the Navigator schedule based on the port schedules Miami has on their site. Just a guess

2 hours ago, Uniqeni said:

What about the port in Tampa? I'm scheduled on Brilliance Mid- September. No word on Tampa or Brilliance.  Do the tests in the 3 ports scheduled now open up sailing in others without do the tests from each port individually? I was hoping to see Brilliance on the ship test list next.

I would be worried about any port but Port Canaveral, Miami, Galveston and port Everglades. They are the only ports that have been listed that have Port agreements. 

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

I need Navigator to get the test cruise so we can go on our last cruise on her out of Miami in Sept.  Then she goes to the West Coast and we won't go on her again

:classic_biggrin: But we will! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I sure am curious if they are going to do any from San Juan. I haven't heard anything on what's going on down there.

I haven't heard anything either  but remember the port isn't relevant to the test cruises. Just the cruise lines need that shore agreement with the port on the 0% chance there's a massive outbreak on a cruise

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Just the cruise lines need that shore agreement with the port on the 0% chance there's a massive outbreak on a cruise

I have searched around but I have not found out any information that a port agreement has even been made. Makes me wonder what's going on?

5 minutes ago, WineandBeer said:

Hate reading all this clippings on the web from who knows where from.............would like to see up-to date info on the Royal Caribbean website itself.

I don't even like reading Bayley's twitter BS...with yippee on it. Seems fake !

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Hate reading all this clippings on the web from who knows where from.............would like to see up-to date info on the Royal Caribean website itself.

I don't even like reading Bayley's twitter BS...with yippee on it. Seems fake !

exactly...and all we get are assumptions from these "news sites".  One I saw this morning had a chart similar to the above but said Indy was doing test cruises out of Everglades, but in their narrative said Galveston.  

Bayley's FB is focusing on crew stories...which are great and all..as a good crew is a great thing to have, but c'mon!

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I haven't heard anything either  but remember the port isn't relevant to the test cruises. Just the cruise lines need that shore agreement with the port on the 0% chance there's a massive outbreak on a cruise

I think the port is relevant 

They need to simulate boarding procedures.

Every port and even terminal is different 

Edited by John&LaLa

18 hours ago, kilpa482 said:

IMO I think they might swap Freedom into the Navigator schedule based on the port schedules Miami has on their site. Just a guess

Oh interesting! I am pretty new to this but am scheduled on Navigator this summer. If they were to switch ships how to they handle the room assignments? Is it done automatically by room class and/or sailing status or would we get to choose our new room? Thanks!

Edited by Artemis at Sea

22 hours ago, kilpa482 said:

I got an email in my TA email this afternoon saying all Navigator will be moved to Freedom.  So our Sept Navigator will be moved to Freedom.  I am TOTALLY okay with that!