Jump to content

Independence and Mariner approved for test cruises!


Recommended Posts

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6165/?fbclid=IwAR1Mr66LDqZu4dJI3_JnN-lgbpajIVu8mmsmuYwwVILMAjxKo2_1FgsRbbE#

 

hopefully earlier test cruises than Allure and Symphony!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need Navigator to get the test cruise so we can go on our last cruise on her out of Miami in Sept.  Then she goes to the West Coast and we won't go on her again

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

What about the port in Tampa? I'm scheduled on Brilliance Mid- September. No word on Tampa or Brilliance.  Do the tests in the 3 ports scheduled now open up sailing in others without do the tests from each port individually? I was hoping to see Brilliance on the ship test list next.

Edited by Uniqeni
Added punctuation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Uniqeni said:

What about the port in Tampa? I'm scheduled on Brilliance Mid- September. No word on Tampa or Brilliance.  Do the tests in the 3 ports scheduled now open up sailing in others without do the tests from each port individually?

No.  Every ship that sails under the CSO needs to do its own test cruises or meet the 95% pax/98% crew vaccination standard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

I need Navigator to get the test cruise so we can go on our last cruise on her out of Miami in Sept.  Then she goes to the West Coast and we won't go on her again

IMO I think they might swap Freedom into the Navigator schedule based on the port schedules Miami has on their site. Just a guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Which post shows a screen shot of the ships and ports of approved test sailings. It includes 2 Celebrity Ships?

205189563_ScreenShot2021-06-03at2_07_48PM.png.67d499df0581e884a1f3bbd698fc9385.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

205189563_ScreenShot2021-06-03at2_07_48PM.png.67d499df0581e884a1f3bbd698fc9385.png

I sure am curious if they are going to do any from San Juan. I haven't heard anything on what's going on down there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Uniqeni said:

What about the port in Tampa? I'm scheduled on Brilliance Mid- September. No word on Tampa or Brilliance.  Do the tests in the 3 ports scheduled now open up sailing in others without do the tests from each port individually? I was hoping to see Brilliance on the ship test list next.

I would be worried about any port but Port Canaveral, Miami, Galveston and port Everglades. They are the only ports that have been listed that have Port agreements. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

I need Navigator to get the test cruise so we can go on our last cruise on her out of Miami in Sept.  Then she goes to the West Coast and we won't go on her again

:classic_biggrin: But we will! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I sure am curious if they are going to do any from San Juan. I haven't heard anything on what's going on down there.

I haven't heard anything either  but remember the port isn't relevant to the test cruises. Just the cruise lines need that shore agreement with the port on the 0% chance there's a massive outbreak on a cruise

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Just the cruise lines need that shore agreement with the port on the 0% chance there's a massive outbreak on a cruise

I have searched around but I have not found out any information that a port agreement has even been made. Makes me wonder what's going on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, WineandBeer said:

Hate reading all this clippings on the web from who knows where from.............would like to see up-to date info on the Royal Caribbean website itself.

 

I don't even like reading Bayley's twitter BS...with yippee on it. Seems fake !

Edited by Jimbo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Hate reading all this clippings on the web from who knows where from.............would like to see up-to date info on the Royal Caribean website itself.

 

I don't even like reading Bayley's twitter BS...with yippee on it. Seems fake !

 

exactly...and all we get are assumptions from these "news sites".  One I saw this morning had a chart similar to the above but said Indy was doing test cruises out of Everglades, but in their narrative said Galveston.  

Bayley's FB is focusing on crew stories...which are great and all..as a good crew is a great thing to have, but c'mon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, karena1 said:

I need Navigator to get the test cruise so we can go on our last cruise on her out of Miami in Sept.  Then she goes to the West Coast and we won't go on her again

 

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

:classic_biggrin: But we will! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

 

Us too!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I haven't heard anything either  but remember the port isn't relevant to the test cruises. Just the cruise lines need that shore agreement with the port on the 0% chance there's a massive outbreak on a cruise

 

I think the port is relevant 

 

They need to simulate boarding procedures.

 

Every port and even terminal is different 

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, kilpa482 said:

IMO I think they might swap Freedom into the Navigator schedule based on the port schedules Miami has on their site. Just a guess

Oh interesting! I am pretty new to this but am scheduled on Navigator this summer. If they were to switch ships how to they handle the room assignments? Is it done automatically by room class and/or sailing status or would we get to choose our new room? Thanks!

Edited by Artemis at Sea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, kilpa482 said:

IMO I think they might swap Freedom into the Navigator schedule based on the port schedules Miami has on their site. Just a guess

I got an email in my TA email this afternoon saying all Navigator will be moved to Freedom.  So our Sept Navigator will be moved to Freedom.  I am TOTALLY okay with that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...