Jump to content

Marina Penthouse Suites


Rebels82
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, DoulaAnn said:

Is the deck in 7128 still wider than the deck in the adjacent concierge rooms and in the other decks' PH suites?

We were in 7128 on the Marina and the deck is extended, very spacious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, KatieBelle said:

When I see these inquiries it brings back memories of Stan (StanandJim).  He would have us all informed with photos, deck plans and memes.  I do miss his posts.

Me, too, KatieBelle. Jim was such a cruise ship enthusiast who had so much cruising history from childhood as well as such love of Oceania. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 9:20 PM, cruisingxpert said:

7130 and 7135 have the very large wrap around balcony but the cabin is narrower than the other penthouses.

Significantly so IMO.

I'll take the larger cabin over larger balcony.

YMMV.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Significantly so IMO.

I'll take the larger cabin over larger balcony.

YMMV.

I wish more people felt like you do so I would have a better chance of getting my favorite cabin😁 but the fact that O changed these cabins from a PH3 to a PH1  says you are probably in the minority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

I wish more people felt like you do so I would have a better chance of getting my favorite cabin😁 but the fact that O changed these cabins from a PH3 to a PH1  says you are probably in the minority.

Or could it be simply just a matter of demand and supply with only a couple of these PHs vs lots of "regular" ones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm really surprised that they haven't regraded the extended balcony B3s.

They used to be  B4 's  until people raved about them 😉

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm really surprised that they haven't regraded the extended balcony B3s.

Oddly enough there are a lot of people that are more interested in central location than extra balcony space. I consider ourselves to be lucky that neither of us are affected by movement on board, so we're okay in any location on the ship. Many people are not. Sometimes I've seen these and other highly touted rooms be the ones available when bargain up sells are offered. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have no problem with movement at the rear of the ship, but our next Azamara cruise will be at the very front and that is worrisome!  I would certainly consider 7130 and 7135, or even 7128 or 7133 – but I wouldn't trade the cabin space of a PH for the extended balcony of those B3s.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, KatieBelle said:

When I see these inquiries it brings back memories of Stan (StanandJim).  He would have us all informed with photos, deck plans and memes.  I do miss his posts.

yes I think we all miss their posts.  Gave us a lot of good information.  Rest in peace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2021 at 10:42 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Plus 1 to Mauibabes.  I had the Oceania Suite right next to the Culinary Centre.  Never heard a thing from there or above.  Best value and better value than the Vista Suite IMO.  Go for it.

I've also been in the Oceania Suite at the back 11080.  It is a bit smaller and second bath is a 2pc instead of 3 pc but I love the wake view.

What do you mean by saying the second bath is a 2pc. rather than a 3pc.  We are looking at an Oceania suite at the rear for a T/A  and do not understand the difference.  Thanks in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RJB said:

What do you mean by saying the second bath is a 2pc. rather than a 3pc.  We are looking at an Oceania suite at the rear for a T/A  and do not understand the difference.  Thanks in advance. 

The 2 Oceania Suites at the back are a bit smaller than the ones at the front on Deck 12.  Where you enter on Deck 12 suites there is a 3 PC bath.  11080 and 11083 have a powder room- no shower.  The media room is smaller as well.  The bedroom has a window rather than a walkout to deck like Deck 12 suites.  Master bath has a neat circular window- no window in Deck 12 suites.  Balcony is wraparound at the back and normal size for the Deck 12 suites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

The 2 Oceania Suites at the back are a bit smaller than the ones at the front on Deck 12.  Where you enter on Deck 12 suites there is a 3 PC bath.  11080 and 11083 have a powder room- no shower.  The media room is smaller as well.  The bedroom has a window rather than a walkout to deck like Deck 12 suites.  Master bath has a neat circular window- no window in Deck 12 suites.  Balcony is wraparound at the back and normal size for the Deck 12 suites.

Also there is no walk in closet in the 2 smaller units - just a wall closet like in a balcony cabins (if memory serves me right)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Also there is no walk in closet in the 2 smaller units - just a wall closet like in a balcony cabins (if memory serves me right)

They have a walk in closet between the bedroom and the master bath  Pic keeps going sideways even though it's correct on my desktop.1808809869_11080Closet.thumb.JPG.777d397d75b7a3fffac3196dccaf1524.JPG

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And a lovely walk in closet it is!  I am a recovering overpacker and always have plenty of room.  I particularly love the shoe racks. 
 

Booked a deck 12 Oceania suite for our next cruise. It will be interesting to experience the differences. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Also there is no walk in closet in the 2 smaller units - just a wall closet like in a balcony cabins (if memory serves me right)

I think you're thinking of the PH suites at the back on Deck 7. I don't think they have the walkins, but I could be wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ORV said:

I think you're thinking of the PH suites at the back on Deck 7. I don't think they have the walkins, but I could be wrong. 

I think you may be right. Perhaps I was thinking of those PHs in the back and not OC suites.

Edited by Paulchili
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Deck 11 OCs definitely have a large walk-in closet!  It's true that the second bathroom is a half bath but for us we love the aft view, plus the larger veranda.

 

Obviously, many people prefer the larger interior space. I don't mind if that means that I have less competition for the Deck 11 OC!

 

Mura

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 6:15 PM, ORV said:

I think you're thinking of the PH suites at the back on Deck 7. I don't think they have the walkins, but I could be wrong. 

The 2 back penthouses on Dec 7 have a walk in closet; they are just smaller than the ones in the regular size penthouses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...