Reservations for La Reserve Dinners

BrocktonCruiser

33 minutes ago, Clutj said:

I sense a growing revolution against the Germain champagne!  Let’s follow our Regent brethren ... to the barricades!  (For what it’s worth, I did read some Regent posts objecting to that switch a couple years back, and I do recall seeing a post from a Regent person saying that they had heard the complaints and were replacing it with something better.  If Regent had already bought a bunch of the Germain, it probably then got dumped on the poorer little sister Oceania, and we will have to drink it until it’s gone...)

They could  send it to NCL 😉

17 hours ago, KatieBelle said:

This link will direct you to the La Cuisine menu with the explanation of the term on the left hand side of the page.  Jacques Pepin made it sound charming.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604440389/La-Cuisine-Bourgeoise-Menu.pdf

Indeed he does make it sound charming! Live and learn. Thanks for the enlightenment KatieBelle.

21 hours ago, Clutj said:

Jancruz, can you pass on that some/many of us think the new champagne by the glass is really poor?  We’d take one of the ones from the past, but this fairly unknown Germain something is just plain weak...

Sorry that is above my pay grade..

Jancruz1

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:55 PM, Jancruz said:

OK..Privee is $300 going forward and they are loading La Reserve dinners into the computer at this time and you will be able to book La Reserve before boarding..90 days...if you want to book more than one cabin let the person who booked you make the reservations..

Jancruz1

Any news on the LaReserve dinners? If it’s 90 days out, the first cruise should be able to book? 

5 hours ago, jeno said:

Any news on the LaReserve dinners? If it’s 90 days out, the first cruise should be able to book? 

Talked to them yesterday working on loading now..when is your trip?

Jancruz1

16 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Jan,

We are on Riviera October 18 and some friends are definitely interested in La Reserve. Thanks for the updates.

Gerry

Next time I talk to them I will ask when your trip will be loaded

Jancruz1

17 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Jan,

We are on Riviera October 18 and some friends are definitely interested in La Reserve. Thanks for the updates.

Gerry

By the way, Dottie and Thierry will be on with you!

Jancruz1

Thanks Jan for La Reserve updates, will be talking to you again soon. 
Dottie huh, oh well. Boris, please, please, please be on Riviera!
We are hoping to be able to make contact with Retired Captain Flokos when we reach Piraeus.  He and Denice are such great people. Bonnie keeps up with her on Facebook and this is our first chance to try to connect with them at home.  
Ciao,

B and G

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, Jancruz said:

Talked to them yesterday working on loading now..when is your trip?

Jancruz1

My cruise isn’t until November 7 on Riviera, but I’m watching to see the menu (heard there were tweaks in the wine list) and how it will all go with the first Marina cruisers. Our TA was told these dinners must be booked on the ship. 

5 hours ago, jeno said:

My cruise isn’t until November 7 on Riviera, but I’m watching to see the menu (heard there were tweaks in the wine list) and how it will all go with the first Marina cruisers. Our TA was told these dinners must be booked on the ship. 

Jeno La Reserve can be booked before boarding..

Jancruz1

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BarbaraM said:

My TA was also told I had to wait until on board for my 29 Aug Marina sailing.  I check daily online as well, haven't seen any chance to reserve.

That would  a mad crush to get  a seating I would think 😲

Especially if they have staggered boarding times  not much chance unless you are in a top suite or PH

Also means one must book Specialties before they know La Reserve options. Very poor planning on Oceania’s part. Possibly forcing passengers to cancel Specialty reservations for paid reservations for La Reserve, then having to rebook Specialties. We’re LA Reserve fans, but if this is Oceania’s new game, sell those tickets elsewhere. A chump’s game.

If Oceania doesn’t care enough to determine a La Reserve schedule 90 days out, why should we care enough to wait and schedule?

Edited by pinotlover

On 6/4/2021 at 11:46 AM, BrocktonCruiser said:

Thanks for the tips about the Tapas and Wine Flights.  We will look for that offering.  

Can you reserve before boarding the Tapas and Wine Flights? Or is this something you reserve after getting on the ship? 

20 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Perhaps they are still sorting out some crewing issues.

Personally, for the first O cruise in the middle of a Pandemic, I would cut the team a bit of slack at present.

Can't be an easy task.

Have you taken the time to notice that other liners, even premium lines such as Viking, are sailing in July. Oceania has exactly one ship sailing mostly in September, and can’t figure it out? 

Should they have it figured out and planned for November, December, or January 2022?

Apologist and Apologies only extend so far. If Oceania can’t schedule La Reserve Reservations 120 out into November, are they really serious about resuming sailing? 

22 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Can you reserve before boarding the Tapas and Wine Flights? Or is this something you reserve after getting on the ship? 

I do not think reservations are required  ...

40 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

No Reservations needed.  Just have to pay attention to the daily Currents to see when they will be having it.  My last cruise, it was held on 2 evenings.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I don't think I have heard of this previously.  Can anyone clarify further what this is?

22 minutes ago, Woofa said:

I don't think I have heard of this previously.  Can anyone clarify further what this is?

They started this about a year before pandemic hit.  When La Reserve is not in use they offered a small Tapas menu with a flight of 3 wines(2 or 3 oz amount)  There is a charge for the wine but the Tapas is included.  If I recall correctly, if you really liked one of the wines you could buy the bottle for a good discount.

You just show up around 6:30 - 7 pm

• Like 1