Pride of America in Dry Dock!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Her last dry dock was 5 years ago in March 2016 in San Francisco and we were on her sailing back to Hawaii. 

And us as well! A great cruise even if it did get off to a rocky start by leaving a day late from San Francisco. No complaints from us though...we got an extra day to enjoy SF with NCL picking up the tab! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AryMay said:

And us as well! A great cruise even if it did get off to a rocky start by leaving a day late from San Francisco. No complaints from us though...we got an extra day to enjoy SF with NCL picking up the tab! 

Did you also lose a day on the ship?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainWoody said:

Did you also lose a day on the ship?

Yes, but it was a sea day … we had 4 sea days to Hawaii instead of 5. Due to bad weather in SFO the dry dock was incomplete by the time we left and it continued during the crossing - on outside decks.

We had a great time nevertheless - the extra day in SFO beat the sea day we lost! We didn’t lose any Hawaii days.

7 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Yes, but it was a sea day … we had 4 sea days to Hawaii instead of 5. Due to bad weather in SFO the dry dock was incomplete by the time we left and it continued during the crossing - on outside decks.

We had a great time nevertheless - the extra day in SFO beat the sea day we lost! We didn’t lose any Hawaii days.

I'm glad it worked out for you.  I've spent many days in San Francisco and many sea days on ships.  For me personally, I would not like losing a sea day to spend another day in the city by the bay.

• 1 month later...

This dry dock was scheduled for the end of April through May of 2020. We were originally booked for April 25 and had to move the cruise 2 weeks earlier when that sailing was cancelled. Little did we know that was just the first of 5 POA cancellations for us! We’re trying one more time next year, then if that one doesn’t go we’re giving up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 9:53 PM, kbsatt said:

I have been on 4 cruises to nowhere in Singapore.  Eurofins did the PCR test each time.  Since we are all vaccinated, they are doing a rapid test in Seattle, not the super invasive test where the swab goes up super high.  It should not trigger a nose bleed.  They should ask you about that though and if not let them know so they can be prepared.  It will be ok!!  🙂

On 6/3/2021 at 6:22 PM, www3traveler said:

The Pride is in Portland, Oregon in drydock.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, Linsuesue said:

I hope she is ready and sailing by January when we are scheduled to be on her! 🍀🙏🏼☘️🤞🛳🏖

I just checked on her!  Still in Portland!

A1D515C5-3037-4CC2-8EE7-AF9FD4767A4B.png

POA left the dry dock on July 21 (after almost 7 weeks) and went to Astoria and then did some sea trials. Then returned to Astoria and thence back to Portland. Maybe she needs something fixed. Then she is expected back at Astoria for the rest of summer.

See page 14 in the Ship Movements thread.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, Cindy said:

This dry dock was scheduled for the end of April through May of 2020. We were originally booked for April 25 and had to move the cruise 2 weeks earlier when that sailing was cancelled. Little did we know that was just the first of 5 POA cancellations for us! We’re trying one more time next year, then if that one doesn’t go we’re giving up.

We're in the same boat, Cindy!  We were booked on the POA March 28, 2020 and have canceled & rescheduled 5 times, sailing now in February, 2022.  Hopefully, the world will be in a much better place by then.  Should it be cancelled, though, I don't think we'll never give up.😊

20 hours ago, NikiPinkston said:

We're in the same boat, Cindy!  We were booked on the POA March 28, 2020 and have canceled & rescheduled 5 times, sailing now in February, 2022.  Hopefully, the world will be in a much better place by then.  Should it be cancelled, though, I don't think we'll never give up.😊

Our problem now is $$$ in airfare that has to be used!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cindy said:

Our problem now is $$$ in airfare that has to be used!

Us, too!  We have to rebook by the end of the year.  At least there's no change fee because we cancelled due to covid. I really thought things would be getting back to normal by next February, but who knows now with covid spiking again.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The STAR is moored at Genoa - LINK:

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

The POA is at Portland but not in dry-dock - LINK:

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Regardless of what can be found on MarineTraffic, the ship in the photo the poster used to say the Pride of America was in Portland, is actually the Norwegian Star...as correctly noted by trivimp.

Also, your link for the Star is incorrectly noted. The Star, according to that link, is not moored in Genoa, she is actually in drydock in Marseille.

Edited by SeaShark
  • Like 5

bluesea77; only saw the POA here in Astoria, last Saturday (the 24th) all tied up, then gone from the Port.   ?? hope she makes it back to Astoria for parking until the ship can get going back to Hawaii for sailing. 

• Like 1