Beyond fed up with website and Medallion app

Nerkbuck

17 minutes ago, caribill said:

It is more than a tiny irritation for those of us who do not have smart phones or compatible tablets or do have smart phones but with older versions of the operating system. Princess makes it impossible for us to fill out required information or select dining preferences or learn about the assigned boarding time or ... etc.

book with a travel agent who will do it all for you. 
they will appreciate your business. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dog said:

book with a travel agent who will do it all for you. 
they will appreciate your business. 

Not possible. Princess specially said that a TA cannot submit the form that you must submit accepting the risk of contracting Coivid on a cruise. And they said this form is only available via the app.

9 minutes ago, caribill said:

Not possible. Princess specially said that a TA cannot submit the form that you must submit accepting the risk of contracting Coivid on a cruise. And they said this form is only available via the app.

Then go with another company that doesn’t use an app, get someone with an iPhone or similar device to help you. 
I think if we give them time to sort this

out they will figure a way for you to cruise with Princess. Many are trying to fix things while Princess is making the changes. Once I stopped trying to reset passwords and stopped filling in forms my Personalizer and app filled in properly. Right now the website is having more issues so I am leaving it alone. 
in the past my TA would have me fill in a form, give it to her, she faxed it to Princess. Makes since to not throw away everything that has worked. 

5 hours ago, dog said:

Makes since to not throw away everything that has worked. 

Yet removing what worked is exactly what Princess is doing.

For example, adding reserving dining times for each evening should result in removing the ability to select traditional dining via the Personalizer.

Princess presents this to TAs as requiring less work for them since they do not have to enter a dining preference any more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

It is more than a tiny irritation for those of us who do not have smart phones or compatible tablets or do have smart phones but with older versions of the operating system. Princess makes it impossible for us to fill out required information or select dining preferences or learn about the assigned boarding time or ... etc.

Pre-pandemic I ended up purchasing a new iPhone because my iPhone 6 would not work with the medallion app.  So I get it. I guess I’m just comparing it to the loss over the past year.  I think I’m at the point now that I won’t let things irritate me for a while. Give it a few months though and I will more than likely be back to normal, ha ha. I hope it gets better for you.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, riffatsea said:

Instead of just complaining about this issue,I, wonder if there's anything we can DO about it???

Yes there is. One never knows how much good it will do.

I emailed my PVP on this subject this morning. He wrote back that since everyone is working from home, to address concerns to your PVP if you have one.  For those that don't, there is always this page:   https://www.princess.com/customer_care/emailform.jsp

I stated the concerns of this thread and he will pass it along. 

To my mind, re-enabling the option to check-in the old way until the bugs in Medallion can be worked out is a patch. I'm not saying what to write. Only saying that if we CC posters are having problems with Medallion check-in, non CC members must also be having the same issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Until you try again.🤣

Must admit that was a thought I have had. I guess I don’t need to worry as yet as our first cruise isn’t until late January 2022 and that’s also if we’re able to go due to the Govt extending no international travel unless essential travel. 

• Like 1