LIVE Virtuosa 05/06/21 the first 7 night sailing.

kernow

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Back home now with the washing on. Just going to collect the cat so probably won't get time to do final thoughts until tomorrow.

We had number one luggage tags but had a leisurely breakfast and were walked off the ship by Mary our butler around 9.

Never been so embarrassed in my life as she pushed the crowd (including LB) aside and took us to the front of the queue.

Thanks.  Hope you do not have too much trouble adapting to life as a pleb 🙂

Thanks for all the information and insight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, little britain said:

No it’s white ones now, plated, so you can’t take them with you 

BC2BA08A-9270-4224-9C1F-D0A8C5E2E0EF.jpeg

Oh no we were all looking forward to the milk chocolate ship. No one likes white chocolate in our family. Does everyone on board get one ? If not, I’ll give ours to someone else on board. 

32 minutes ago, wirral36 said:

Oh no we were all looking forward to the milk chocolate ship. No one likes white chocolate in our family. Does everyone on board get one ? If not, I’ll give ours to someone else on board. 

No, it's only Voyager Club above a certain level.

10 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Some ships (not Virtuosa at present) do an antigen test on all passengers the day before they get off the ship too.

All guests were required to take a test onboard on Thursday.

As you could probably tell we had a great time made even more special by the fact that we've waited so long to be able to cruise again.

A brand new beautiful ship with so few passengers was a pleasure to be on, the staff all over the ship were so friendly and seemed so pleased to be back working. It was great to have the drinks package, even without the upgrade there was so much choice. Before we went I scoured the menus but don't think I managed to try even half of the drinks I liked the sound of.

The Covid restrictions onboard had very little impact on the enjoyment of our cruise. The atmosphere onboard was a little less lively than normal, no real dancing/party type events (which was understandable) and fairly quiet in the evenings, partly due to the low numbers onboard. The only busy event we went to was Soul Sisters in the Carousel lounge (and John Bishop of course). It was really nice to be able to see live music again, even with masks on!

There were also no Welcome back /Diamond parties and no 'meet the officers' type events. I did think they could have had a bit more going on during the daytime on the sea days, especially the day that the weather was poor. We were glad we pre purchased the Fun Pass and enjoyed the F1 and the bowling.

I can't think of anything really bad to say, although of course there were some people complaining, perhaps we're just easily pleased 😀

YC was wonderful and has us spoilt forever, special mention must go to Mary our butler who was always leaving us little treats and looked after us so well.

MSC have done a great job in being the first cruise line to sail from the UK, and with a brand new ship. I hope everyone going in the next few months loves it as much as we did and look forward to hearing your reports. 

Cheers!

199828919_482718642820390_1538173334212523712_n.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest BigRoger
35 minutes ago, kernow said:

Cheers!

Very many thanks to you both, cheers to you too. So looking forward to Yacht Club in July. (And on Europa in 2023!).

7 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Might just take a Tupperware box so I can bring it home 😆😝

You can’t as it’s kinda stuck to the blue “sea” icing. I tried to scrape it but it fell apart.

Far better for them to deliver it earlier in the cruise rather than you find 2 of them on your last night! 

When we go, I’ll ask them about it straight away ( I have no shame 🤣🤣) we’ve been excited about the chocolate ship since our last cruise which got cancelled last year. I’ll let u know what they say. We’re due on board in august. I’m hoping Boris keeps limited numbers as it would be amazing to have an u uncrowded ship but I think I’m just wishful thinking as it’s school holidays. 

2 hours ago, wirral36 said:

When we go, I’ll ask them about it straight away ( I have no shame 🤣🤣) we’ve been excited about the chocolate ship since our last cruise which got cancelled last year. I’ll let u know what they say. We’re due on board in august. I’m hoping Boris keeps limited numbers as it would be amazing to have an u uncrowded ship but I think I’m just wishful thinking as it’s school holidays. 

Even if things do open up I don't think it will be back to anywhere near full capacity. They would be terrified of being the first ship with a Covid outbreak.

BTW forgot to say that the waiter we had on the last night told us that he was getting his second jab the next day in Southampton. As we got off the ship there was a nurse getting on which we guessed was for the jabs.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

You can’t as it’s kinda stuck to the blue “sea” icing. I tried to scrape it but it fell apart.

Far better for them to deliver it earlier in the cruise rather than you find 2 of them on your last night! 

Well I don’t know about you but I break chocolate up into pieces before eating any , ask John 😆, so that won’t be a bother. There is a solution to every problem 😎. Tupperware box packed . 😂
I love white chocolate and if it is anything like the mini ships they had in the buffet on Grandiosa , yum yum.

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

Just now, heatherb1958 said:

Well I don’t know about you but I break chocolate up into pieces before eating any , ask John 😆, so that won’t be a bother. There is a solution to every problem 😎. Tupperware box packed . 😂

Mini white chocolate ship on Grandiosa .

83EDCD69-4609-480B-8A57-590496F567DB.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Apparently the Soul Sisters have left the building... now replaced by the Soul Brothers!

We really enjoyed Soul Sisters, hope the boys are as good.

Guest BigRoger
4 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

I love white chocolate and if it is anything like the mini ships they had in the buffet on Grandiosa , yum yum.

Yep we just broke it up last time and took the chocolate with us…. We will be better prepared with receptacle this time!

Guest BigRoger
3 minutes ago, kernow said:

We really enjoyed Soul Sisters, hope the boys are as good.

Cool have they acquired a (real) comedian too for future cruises?

19 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Cool have they acquired a (real) comedian too for future cruises?

I don't know. To be fair we didn't see Ricky Jay ourselves but from all the reports he isn't great.

2 minutes ago, Bigjennifer said:

What happened to the people that had to board in Greenock last Wed. We are boarding on the 1Sept in Greenock, I would not have booked if I thought,ship would not come in .

I think they were bussed to Liverpool. Not sure what the plan is for future cruises.