LIVE Virtuosa 05/06/21 the first 7 night sailing.

kernow

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Yes we have, I'll do a summing up in the next couple of days. Hating the thought of getting off in the morning😪

Wow , that flew by ! Bet your glad you had those extra 3 nights gratis . 
I had to laugh at your bookface comment and saw your M in the group 😎.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 7:52 PM, zjc said:

it appears to be down for everyone including if you ring 119 they also cannot submit

however if you go back to the start and select your submitting your test for your job it allows you to submit and you get the usual email.

this worked an hour ago after a mass panic of what the hell would I do for Saturday.

can’t imagine the government can sort IT issues out overnight 

in my previous post I was referring to this post about difficulties with uploading Covid results

If you are a Diamond/Black Voyager Club Member you can stay in your cabin to about 9.30am - I always believed it to be the same in YC for all guests.

On our May 20th, we kept our suitcases (as we always do) - so we could use toiletries and pack clothes rather than carry everything from the last night/morning in a carry-on.

We left the cases in our cabin and went for breakfast, before collecting cases and strolling off the ship with minimal wait at around 10am.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Enjoyacruise said:

Sorry to show my ignorance but is the need to enter Covid test results for departing the cruise? i did not think anything was needed after these UK cruises.

Thank you

You need to show proof of a negative test result (free NHS one is fine) before you get ON the ship; unless you have been double-jabbed. It's the process of uploading that result to the NHS App that some people had trouble with this week.

On Virtuosa, they collect your MSC tracking device as you leave the ship and then do a temp check - if your temp is too high I'm unsure if they hold you on the ship, lock you in chains and make you watch the comedian on DVD for 3 weeks solid or whether a full hazmat crew appears and leads you to an area inside the port for an antigen test. I suggest asking for an ice bucket at breakfast and dunking ones head in it just before the temp scan just to be safe.

Some ships (not Virtuosa at present) do an antigen test on all passengers the day before they get off the ship too.

Edited by Couple-Somerset
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

if your temp is too high I'm unsure if they hold you on the ship, lock you in chains and make you watch the comedian on DVD for 3 weeks solid or whether a full hazmat crew appears and leads you to an area inside the port for an antigen test.

I reckon you should apply for Rikki Jay’s job! Can your wife spare you all summer?? 🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

At first I was going to say "never mind asking her, I'll get packing" lol

Then I realised that if I did ask her she'd say "why haven't you done your shoe laces yet, I've packed your bags and booked your train ticket (singular)"

Bugger, just realised I'd mentioned the "comedian" again in previous post - someone will be along telling me to Move On any second lol.

Edited by Couple-Somerset
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I reckon you should apply for Rikki Jay’s job! Can your wife spare you all summer?? 🤣🤣🤣

It’s a good thought….. can we book you Couple-Somerset for the week commencing 3rd July please…. You are clearly much more suited to the task than you know who…. Then again… it’s a very low bar….

• Haha 1

Great travelling along with you too!

We had a fabulous meal at Butchers Cut yesterday, far better than the Indochine we thought. It is £43 for the set menu.  Note; the menu only had a few wines by the glass on it: I was told this was all they had but via the app you can see a far more extensive menu including their Wine Cellar selection... so don’t accept the limited selection on the menu 🍷

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Bugger, just realised I'd mentioned the "comedian" again in previous post - someone will be along telling me to Move On any second lol.

Yeh I saw that ‘move on’ comment lol. Some people need to find a sense of humour! 🤪

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

Great travelling along with you too!

We had a fabulous meal at Butchers Cut yesterday, far better than the Indochine we thought. It is £43 for the set menu.  Note; the menu only had a few wines by the glass on it: I was told this was all they had but via the app you can see a far more extensive menu including their Wine Cellar selection... so don’t accept the limited selection on the menu 🍷

We love Butchers Cut - our problem is we use it for our free Voyager Club perk so always have the rack of lamb and never try anything else - though the lamb is delish (thats me gettin down wiv da kids, real)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

If you are a Diamond/Black Voyager Club Member you can stay in your cabin to about 9.30am - I always believed it to be the same in YC for all guests.

On our May 20th, we kept our suitcases (as we always do) - so we could use toiletries and pack clothes rather than carry everything from the last night/morning in a carry-on.

We left the cases in our cabin and went for breakfast, before collecting cases and strolling off the ship with minimal wait at around 10am.

If we need to leave our cabin at 8am, but still want to do a self disembarkation, can we just keep all our luggage with us in the public areas until ready to leave, or would we have to leave the ship very early?   

If we leave at Liverpool we can walk straight out of there cruise terminal, instead of being bussed the 1.3 miles to collect out luggage, as per covid arrangements.

2 hours ago, tring said:

If we need to leave our cabin at 8am, but still want to do a self disembarkation, can we just keep all our luggage with us in the public areas until ready to leave, or would we have to leave the ship very early?   

If we leave at Liverpool we can walk straight out of there cruise terminal, instead of being bussed the 1.3 miles to collect out luggage, as per covid arrangements.

Back home now with the washing on. Just going to collect the cat so probably won't get time to do final thoughts until tomorrow.

We had number one luggage tags but had a leisurely breakfast and were walked off the ship by Mary our butler around 9.

Never been so embarrassed in my life as she pushed the crowd (including LB) aside and took us to the front of the queue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Back home now with the washing on. Just going to collect the cat so probably won't get time to do final thoughts until tomorrow.

We had number one luggage tags but had a leisurely breakfast and were walked off the ship by Mary our butler around 9.

Never been so embarrassed in my life as she pushed the crowd (including LB) aside and took us to the front of the queue.

Thanks.  Hope you do not have too much trouble adapting to life as a pleb 🙂

Thanks for all the information and insight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Ah, Yacht Club debarkation lol

Same thing happened with us a couple of years ago - we were sat in YC taking things at a leisurely pace until we mentioned to the Concierge Desk that we were about to leave.

They practically begged us not to leave on our own and advised 2 butlers would assist us off (looking back perhaps they chose two to make sure we did get off lol).

Anyway, another 2 couples then joined us and an extra butler was called.

They grabbed our luggage, took us to the specially summoned lift and we all (just about) got in.

The doors opened on the departure deck and whoa we couldn't believe what we saw - there was one very, very long conga line of debarking guests with luggage - there were bodies and bags everywhere.

Our butlers carefully and politely shoved other guests to one side - mainly because the other guests had sensed someone trying to push in and closed ranks, puffed out their chests and blocked the passage.

We walked along the ship, around corners, along some more and finally reached the exit scanners absolutely packed with guests - at which point the butlers physically stood in line to stop anyone else moving forward until we had all got through - I suddenly felt what it was like to be in a Presidential motorcade lol

Of course, we dare not make eye contact with any of these other guests, kept our heads low in true British style and scarpered as quick as we could.

Embarrassed? Yes

Concerned? Only very slightly guilty.

• Like 1

After hearing that you couldn't take them home we told Mary not to worry about it as there was no way we could have eaten any more onboard.

24 minutes ago, little britain said:

No it’s white ones now, plated, so you can’t take them with you 

BC2BA08A-9270-4224-9C1F-D0A8C5E2E0EF.jpeg

Oh no we were all looking forward to the milk chocolate ship. No one likes white chocolate in our family. Does everyone on board get one ? If not, I’ll give ours to someone else on board. 

32 minutes ago, wirral36 said:

Oh no we were all looking forward to the milk chocolate ship. No one likes white chocolate in our family. Does everyone on board get one ? If not, I’ll give ours to someone else on board. 

No, it's only Voyager Club above a certain level.

10 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Some ships (not Virtuosa at present) do an antigen test on all passengers the day before they get off the ship too.

All guests were required to take a test onboard on Thursday.

• Like 1

As you could probably tell we had a great time made even more special by the fact that we've waited so long to be able to cruise again.

A brand new beautiful ship with so few passengers was a pleasure to be on, the staff all over the ship were so friendly and seemed so pleased to be back working. It was great to have the drinks package, even without the upgrade there was so much choice. Before we went I scoured the menus but don't think I managed to try even half of the drinks I liked the sound of.

The Covid restrictions onboard had very little impact on the enjoyment of our cruise. The atmosphere onboard was a little less lively than normal, no real dancing/party type events (which was understandable) and fairly quiet in the evenings, partly due to the low numbers onboard. The only busy event we went to was Soul Sisters in the Carousel lounge (and John Bishop of course). It was really nice to be able to see live music again, even with masks on!

There were also no Welcome back /Diamond parties and no 'meet the officers' type events. I did think they could have had a bit more going on during the daytime on the sea days, especially the day that the weather was poor. We were glad we pre purchased the Fun Pass and enjoyed the F1 and the bowling.

I can't think of anything really bad to say, although of course there were some people complaining, perhaps we're just easily pleased 😀

YC was wonderful and has us spoilt forever, special mention must go to Mary our butler who was always leaving us little treats and looked after us so well.

MSC have done a great job in being the first cruise line to sail from the UK, and with a brand new ship. I hope everyone going in the next few months loves it as much as we did and look forward to hearing your reports. 

Cheers!

199828919_482718642820390_1538173334212523712_n.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2