LIVE Virtuosa 05/06/21 the first 7 night sailing.

kernow

4 hours ago, little britain said:

No it’s white ones now, plated, so you can’t take them with you 

BC2BA08A-9270-4224-9C1F-D0A8C5E2E0EF.jpeg

How sad is that, more reductions to the hated VC. 

15 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Might just take a Tupperware box so I can bring it home 😆😝

Absolutely, a very sensible suggestion.

7 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Might just take a Tupperware box so I can bring it home 😆😝

You can’t as it’s kinda stuck to the blue “sea” icing. I tried to scrape it but it fell apart.

Far better for them to deliver it earlier in the cruise rather than you find 2 of them on your last night! 

When we go, I’ll ask them about it straight away ( I have no shame 🤣🤣) we’ve been excited about the chocolate ship since our last cruise which got cancelled last year. I’ll let u know what they say. We’re due on board in august. I’m hoping Boris keeps limited numbers as it would be amazing to have an u uncrowded ship but I think I’m just wishful thinking as it’s school holidays. 

2 hours ago, wirral36 said:

When we go, I’ll ask them about it straight away ( I have no shame 🤣🤣) we’ve been excited about the chocolate ship since our last cruise which got cancelled last year. I’ll let u know what they say. We’re due on board in august. I’m hoping Boris keeps limited numbers as it would be amazing to have an u uncrowded ship but I think I’m just wishful thinking as it’s school holidays. 

Even if things do open up I don't think it will be back to anywhere near full capacity. They would be terrified of being the first ship with a Covid outbreak.

BTW forgot to say that the waiter we had on the last night told us that he was getting his second jab the next day in Southampton. As we got off the ship there was a nurse getting on which we guessed was for the jabs.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, little britain said:

You can’t as it’s kinda stuck to the blue “sea” icing. I tried to scrape it but it fell apart.

Far better for them to deliver it earlier in the cruise rather than you find 2 of them on your last night! 

Well I don’t know about you but I break chocolate up into pieces before eating any , ask John 😆, so that won’t be a bother. There is a solution to every problem 😎. Tupperware box packed . 😂
I love white chocolate and if it is anything like the mini ships they had in the buffet on Grandiosa , yum yum.

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

Just now, heatherb1958 said:

Well I don’t know about you but I break chocolate up into pieces before eating any , ask John 😆, so that won’t be a bother. There is a solution to every problem 😎. Tupperware box packed . 😂

Mini white chocolate ship on Grandiosa .

83EDCD69-4609-480B-8A57-590496F567DB.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

Apparently the Soul Sisters have left the building... now replaced by the Soul Brothers!

I'll take it - a different show for my 2nd cruise so all good.

I had heard there was a Comedian onboard - I went looking four nights but couldn't find one.

30 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

I had heard there was a Comedian onboard - I went looking four nights but couldn't find one.

No, he’s still at home in Somerset! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Apparently the Soul Sisters have left the building... now replaced by the Soul Brothers!

We really enjoyed Soul Sisters, hope the boys are as good.

4 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

I love white chocolate and if it is anything like the mini ships they had in the buffet on Grandiosa , yum yum.

Yep we just broke it up last time and took the chocolate with us…. We will be better prepared with receptacle this time!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Cool have they acquired a (real) comedian too for future cruises?

I don't know. To be fair we didn't see Ricky Jay ourselves but from all the reports he isn't great.

2 minutes ago, Bigjennifer said:

What happened to the people that had to board in Greenock last Wed. We are boarding on the 1Sept in Greenock, I would not have booked if I thought,ship would not come in .

I think they were bussed to Liverpool. Not sure what the plan is for future cruises.

49 minutes ago, kernow said:

I think they were bussed to Liverpool. Not sure what the plan is for future cruises.

I believe she's going to Belfast on the 16th instead of Greenock, and that may be the case for the following week.   The next SG review is on the 28th June, but I can't see anything changing anytime soon (unless you're a Euro football fan, then it's carry on as usual).   Saga have just changed their July itineraries to Scotland to a south coast float, and although the masted Golden Horizon is on her way to the UK, we're still anticipating her cancellation in Edinburgh in early July (possibly substituted for Newcastle).   No word yet from TUI about Marella Explorer / Explorer 2, who are also due in Scotland in July / August, but suspect they may be awaiting the next update.   My Virtuosa cruise in August from Greenock, I'm about to phone them again tomorrow as balance due this week.

26 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

I believe she's going to Belfast on the 16th instead of Greenock, and that may be the case for the following week.   The next SG review is on the 28th June, but I can't see anything changing anytime soon (unless you're a Euro football fan, then it's carry on as usual).   Saga have just changed their July itineraries to Scotland to a south coast float, and although the masted Golden Horizon is on her way to the UK, we're still anticipating her cancellation in Edinburgh in early July (possibly substituted for Newcastle).   No word yet from TUI about Marella Explorer / Explorer 2, who are also due in Scotland in July / August, but suspect they may be awaiting the next update.   My Virtuosa cruise in August from Greenock, I'm about to phone them again tomorrow as balance due this week.

Was it not always like that or are you saying it was originally Greenock and now changed to Belfast?

I booked 3rd July and I'm sure it was the first one that did all the ports Southampton/Portland/Liverpool/Greenock/Belfast. I would have booked an earlier cruise if there was another that did them all. It will be interesting what they do for the first cruise that should go the them all as there is no option to swap ports.

I wish they would just change Scotland and port somewhere else like the Isle of man. The SG have laid their cards on the table and will only allow cruise ship when all of Scotland is level 1, that appears pretty unlikely so it's time for MSC to make other arrangements and continue busing passengers from Greenock to Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Was it not always like that or are you saying it was originally Greenock and now changed to Belfast?

I think she was always going to Belfast on this cruise, but the Belfast Telegraph seem to have suggested that they will allow passengers off due to the ship not being allowed into Greenock.   What now happens on the 16th, when she should have been in Scotland, is still unclear - at least to the public / passengers.   

SG won't be changing their minds anytime shortly, not just because of increasing numbers / variants.   From meetings our port / management have been involved in, there has been frustrating indecision .. especially compared to building football compounds on Glasgow Green.

4 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

I think she was always going to Belfast on this cruise, but the Belfast Telegraph seem to have suggested that they will allow passengers off due to the ship not being allowed into Greenock.   What now happens on the 16th, when she should have been in Scotland, is still unclear - at least to the public / passengers.   

SG won't be changing their minds anytime shortly, not just because of increasing numbers / variants.   From meetings our port / management have been involved in, there has been frustrating indecision .. especially compared to building football compounds on Glasgow Green.

My hubby has a theory , please don’t shoot the messenger 😆.

His theory is that she will allow the cruise ships because if there is an increase in Covid cases in Scotland she will lay the blame with the cruiselines and not the thousands of footie fans expected who apparently will not be temperature checked beforehand or have to provide a negative test !! Madness . 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

It really is just so stupid, you don't mind and can accept the regulations if they are based on logic but in this case there literally is no logic to support the decision.

It's so frustrating there is literally no justification for this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

My hubby has a theory , please don’t shoot the messenger 😆.

His theory is that she will allow the cruise ships because if there is an increase in Covid cases in Scotland she will lay the blame with the cruiselines and not the thousands of footie fans expected who apparently will not be temperature checked beforehand or have to provide a negative test !! Madness . 

I do hope she does not read this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

It really is just so stupid, you don't mind and can accept the regulations if they are based on logic but in this case there literally is no logic to support the decision.

It's so frustrating there is literally no justification for this.

I quite agree.   I booked my Virtuosa cruise, it was not so much because I needed a holiday .. because let's face it, we all need one of those .. but because of all the people I have got to know over the last 7 years working with and n board cruise ships .. the crews, agents, the port, the associated services such as the supply chain, coach tour companies, local businesses, and the cruise lines themselves.  Cruising needs to edge its way back into some form of normal.   Yes, there were other minor factors (the proximity of Greenock, NHS discount and the opportunity to see a ship I wouldn't ordinarily have got the chance to).

You're right.  The frustration is palpable, not just in the cruise industry, in Scotland in general.   Ordinarily, a headline in the national news about cruise ships would generally have generated multiple comments about "floating petri dishes for the rich and nearly dead" (which we all know isn't true), but there seems to have been a reasonable degree of sympathy surrounding the relatively sudden cancellation of Virtuosa's call last week, most particularly in comparison to the situation with the football and the allowance of travel in other, unchecked formats continuing.

• Like 1