Jump to content

New round of cancellations and new cruises list


Recommended Posts

Several other cancellations after 8/31, including our 9/8 from Galveston 😞

 

Rolled the dice and booked a 10/3 to replace it.

 

7th cancellation/FCC shuffle so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Independence of the Seas from Galveston, Texas, starting August 15, 2021

I wonder what this does for the October sailings out of Miami? Supposed to be on the October 6th six day and final payment is July 3rd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yanks23 said:

I am talking to our Travel Agent and he is being told that the Independence of the Seas for July 3rd is being moved to the Odyssey of the Seas  for July 6th on the same itinerary.  I was more then glad to shift and lift to a brand new ship with the same itinerary.  Until I see it on my account I will not believe it.  Please let me know if this is the case.

How is Odessy going out on July 3 without a test cruise? Does anyone have any more information on Odyssey? I would like to switch to this ship (as I'm sure everyone else is doing too), but I don't see it as an option on their website. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

I second this! Definitely worth the try. 

I called Southwest. There is a $100 fee for each travel credit that is extended. 😔

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, honeymooner16 said:

How is Odessy going out on July 3 without a test cruise? Does anyone have any more information on Odyssey? I would like to switch to this ship (as I'm sure everyone else is doing too), but I don't see it as an option on their website. 

Based on what RC said the Odyssey is doing 6 and 8 days from FT Lauderdale, so this is not happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

I wonder what this does for the October sailings out of Miami? Supposed to be on the October 6th six day and final payment is July 3rd. 

I was told by Crown and Anchor just now that our Sept 19th Indy is being moved to Odyssey out of Port Everglades.  Should see the change by the end of day 6/6.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, honeymooner16 said:

How is Odessy going out on July 3 without a test cruise? Does anyone have any more information on Odyssey? I would like to switch to this ship (as I'm sure everyone else is doing too), but I don't see it as an option on their website. 

ya know I thought the same thing.  Is RCG just in a dream world or do they know stuff that no one else knows.

 

I am rather losing the trail of thought on this whole mess.

 

Perhaps we put the governor and CDC folks and all cruise CEOS on an empty ship and send them to sea.  tell them they can't come back until resolved.  Oh and the governor only gets bread and water !!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yanks23 said:

I am talking to our Travel Agent and he is being told that the Independence of the Seas for July 3rd is being moved to the Odyssey of the Seas  for July 6th on the same itinerary.  I was more then glad to shift and lift to a brand new ship with the same itinerary.  Until I see it on my account I will not believe it.  Please let me know if this is the case.

No way, Odyssey won’t have her test cruises in time for that to happen, in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, whyrlygig said:

I was told by Crown and Anchor just now that our Sept 19th Indy is being moved to Odyssey out of Port Everglades.  Should see the change by the end of day 6/6.

Thanks for info. Did.you call the main C&A number and just asked them? Secondly,  if they do this with our cruise, do they do it automatically or how does it work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume for casino reservations I have to call the Casino line for a possible L&S? I did see that they state Casino rates might not be eligible for a L&S, but going to at least ask. So far 44 minutes and counting for hold time on that number. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

Thanks for info. Did.you call the main C&A number and just asked them? Secondly,  if they do this with our cruise, do they do it automatically or how does it work?

I was told it will be automatic.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, whyrlygig said:

I was told it will be automatic.

 

Interesting.  FLL is an hour closer drive over MIA and a new ship so I hope we get auto moved. How do they allocate a cabin as they are different types of ships? We booked balcony and high up, forward.  I wonder if they try to match what you had...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Love2cruise77 said:

New cruise list:

 

3-5 nights

Freedom of the Seas from Miami, Florida, starting July 2, 2021

Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral, Florida, starting August 23, 2021

 

7-nights

Odyssey of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, debuting July 3, 2021
Allure of the Seas from Port Canaveral, Florida, starting August 8, 2021

Symphony of the Seas from Miami, Florida, starting August 14, 2021

Independence of the Seas from Galveston, Texas, starting August 15, 2021

 

Europe

Harmony of the Seas from Barcelona and Rome, starting August 15, 2021

 

I'm not seeing anything on Symphony before August 29th on their website, and that's a 6 day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

Interesting.  FLL is an hour closer drive over MIA and a new ship so I hope we get auto moved. How do they allocate a cabin as they are different types of ships? We booked balcony and high up, forward.  I wonder if they try to match what you had...

I was told same date, same itinerary, same cabin category.  I confirmed we will still have a J4.  Purchases will be refunded to original form of payment.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, P_and_L said:

 

I'm not seeing anything on Symphony before August 29th on their website, and that's a 6 day. 

 

They haven't uploaded all of the new sailings to the website yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not as detailed as OP's but it's now in the Royal website:

 

We’ve been diligently working on our Royal Comeback – and it’s starting to shape up. It’s taken months of planning and coordinating and we’re still finalizing new homeports and communicating with local governments and authorities to ensure our new protocols maintain your safety and wellbeing. As we continue down this path, we’ve decided to extend our suspension of some sailings through August 31, 2021. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, honeymooner16 said:

How is Odessy going out on July 3 without a test cruise? Does anyone have any more information on Odyssey? I would like to switch to this ship (as I'm sure everyone else is doing too), but I don't see it as an option on their website. 

Vaccinated?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jsf said:

No mention of Navigator yet?

I think Freedom is taking over the sailings. Call RCL. I don’t know how they are handling it. I had to transfer my Mariner to Freedom but same dates. Further drive:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, gdwest said:

I called Southwest. There is a $100 fee for each travel credit that is extended. 😔

They gave me a one-time 30-day extension at no extra cost on several occasions.  Try calling their Customer Service number 855-234-4654.

Hope you're able to get some satisfaction!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, baikels said:

I am shocked that our Independence of the Seas on July 3rd is NOT on that list.

I'm wondering why Independence is not on the list. We're booked on her for August. What does that mean?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if some of the canceled cruisers will now jump ship to the adventure out of Nassau for July. I’ve been holding off on booking waiting on a price drop but now I’m thinking it may be wise to pull the trigger. No way I’ll be able to secure a cabin on the Odyssey with the feeding frenzy that’s been unleashed with this announcement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are on the first Harmony sailing, 15 th of August from Barcelona. Strange to Be on that trip. It s nearly the same as a Virgin sailing after so many month witout passengers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm wondering why Independence is not on the list. We're booked on her for August. What does that mean?

According to post #65, Independence will be sailing from Galveston in August.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...