New round of cancellations and new cruises list

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yes, completely normal. After her European summer season, she is supposed to be doing a transatlantic sailing on 31 October. That sailing has not been cancelled yet and is currently in limbo due to the CDC's ban on cruises longer than 7 nights. Whether it will actually go ahead with passengers is anyone's guess. But one way or the other she should be back in the US mid-November.

There is no longer a CDC ban on cruises over 7 nights, and the transatlantic would arrive in the US after expiration of the CSO.  If the transatlantic doesn’t go it will likely be due to redeployment issues. Those may linger well into the Fall anyway. 

1 hour ago, cpa09 said:

That would be fantastic if they moved people booked on Navigator to Freedom.  

I just got an email from Royal that those booked on Navigator will be automatically moved to Freedom.  

1 hour ago, honeymooner16 said:

How is Odessy going out on July 3 without a test cruise? Does anyone have any more information on Odyssey? I would like to switch to this ship (as I'm sure everyone else is doing too), but I don't see it as an option on their website. 

The test cruises for Odyssey are showing in the Royal app, starting a week from today.  Some technical and some non-rev.  

15 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

There is no longer a CDC ban on cruises over 7 nights, and the transatlantic would arrive in the US after expiration of the CSO.  If the transatlantic doesn’t go it will likely be due to redeployment issues. Those may linger well into the Fall anyway. 

Yes, that's true but I don't think the sailing ever made it back out of limbo on to Royal's booking site after the ban was lifted. 

2 hours ago, gdwest said:

Just received our email from RC concerning our August 16 Mariner...our bad luck continues....

They will start sailing the next week on the 23rd; however, our Southwest tickets expire on August 16.

UGH!

We had some luck with Southwest extending tickets. Ours expired April 30 but 
I called an explained the situation and we used them May 13.

14 minutes ago, Artemis at Sea said:

Sorry, but I am new to this. If we have a Navigator reservation and it is
transferred to Freedom, will they just randomly give us a cabin in the same class? we were very careful about the cabin we picked and I would like to have a similar spot.

We were booked on Freedom for the southern caribbean March 2022 and when RCI changed us to Explorer last October they automatically moved us to a similar located OS.....If you have a certain request I would look into it asap as they start filling/assigning  cabins. 

Edited by Ashland

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Do yourself a favor and forgo the 25% and take the cash and apply it to your winter cruise. All these FCC's do is complicate matters.

I'm still waiting on my FCC from my Hawaii cruise cancelled back  in February.  I want to apply it to my Alaska cruise I have just booked for this August.  Thankfully Royal is extending final payment until it comes through. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We were booked on Freedom for the southern caribbean March 2022 and when RCI changed us to Explorer last October they automatically moved us to a similar located OS.....If you have a certain request I would look into it asap as they start filling/assigning  cabins. 

Thank you! I booked through Costco. Do you think it is best to call them or RCL directly? 

1 minute ago, Blauelini said:

Just got the email from RCCL for our October 6th sailing. Getting automatically moved from Indy to Odyssey. Happy about this change. I will call to complain only if I get a lower deck. 

I can't reach my TA, would you mind copying and pasting what the letter says?  

Am (was) booked on Symphony July 3 sailing out of Miami. It still shows as a currently active cruise on my account on the RCL website and I haven’t gotten an email yet about cancellation. Has anyone scheduled on that cruise gotten an email?  Planning on calling my TA later but was curious if anyone else has gotten their cancellation email yet. 

29 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I can't reach my TA, would you mind copying and pasting what the letter says?  

Here ya go, this is for my Indy July 3  sailing:

Dear Guest,

We’ve been diligently working to prepare for our Royal Comeback. It’s taken months of planning and coordinating to get up and running – from activating new homeports and communicating with local governments and authorities, to ensuring our new protocols maintain your wellbeing with our Healthy Sail Panel. 

As we continue to review and analyze our itinerary plans, we’ve decided to reposition some of our ships in anticipation of our return to cruising. Our original plan for Independence of the Seas was to begin offering sailings departing from Miami beginning July 2021. However, Odyssey of the Seas will now take its place and sail from Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled.

However, the good news is, Odyssey of the Seas will offer similar itineraries, so we’ll automatically move you to the corresponding Odyssey of the Seas sailing beginning June 6th, 2021 to help make the transition easier. This way, you’ll still have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful destinations you were looking forward to!

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation and apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard, your vacation is important to us – along with providing you the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Odyssey of the Seas cruise

• Beginning June 6th, 2021, we’ll automatically move you to the Odyssey of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Your new sailing will still offer similar destinations as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
  • Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • Lastly, as we return to service, our sailing protocols will evolve. To stay informed and up-to-date, please visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health.

Option 2: Select a 100% Refund

• If you no longer wish to sail, we’ll be sad to see you go. We’ll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request.
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Lastly, if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by June 18th, 2021, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by June 18th, 2021. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by June 18th, 2021, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Odyssey of the Seas sailing. Should you decide to cancel after our moves are complete, you will continue to be covered by our Cruise with Confidence policy.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

Thank you for your understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge – we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard. 

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Here ya go, this is for my Indy July 3  sailing:

Dear Guest,

We’ve been diligently working to prepare for our Royal Comeback. It’s taken months of planning and coordinating to get up and running – from activating new homeports and communicating with local governments and authorities, to ensuring our new protocols maintain your wellbeing with our Healthy Sail Panel. 

As we continue to review and analyze our itinerary plans, we’ve decided to reposition some of our ships in anticipation of our return to cruising. Our original plan for Independence of the Seas was to begin offering sailings departing from Miami beginning July 2021. However, Odyssey of the Seas will now take its place and sail from Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled.

However, the good news is, Odyssey of the Seas will offer similar itineraries, so we’ll automatically move you to the corresponding Odyssey of the Seas sailing beginning June 6th, 2021 to help make the transition easier. This way, you’ll still have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful destinations you were looking forward to!

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation and apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard, your vacation is important to us – along with providing you the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Odyssey of the Seas cruise

• Beginning June 6th, 2021, we’ll automatically move you to the Odyssey of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Your new sailing will still offer similar destinations as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
  • Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • Lastly, as we return to service, our sailing protocols will evolve. To stay informed and up-to-date, please visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health.

Option 2: Select a 100% Refund

• If you no longer wish to sail, we’ll be sad to see you go. We’ll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request.
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Lastly, if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by June 18th, 2021, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by June 18th, 2021. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by June 18th, 2021, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Odyssey of the Seas sailing. Should you decide to cancel after our moves are complete, you will continue to be covered by our Cruise with Confidence policy.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

Thank you for your understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge – we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard. 

Perfect!  We are on the same sailing!  🙂  

Just now, rockmom said:

Perfect!  We are on the same sailing!  🙂  

I am so excited! We had a JS on Indy, so if we get moved to same category on Odyssey, that is a great ship change for us, at a great price savings.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Artemis at Sea said:

Sorry, but I am new to this. If we have a Navigator reservation and it is
transferred to Freedom, will they just randomly give us a cabin in the same class? we were very careful about the cabin we picked and I would like to have a similar spot.

Contact whomever you booked with to make sure you are happy with new cabin location.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

I am so excited! We had a JS on Indy, so if we get moved to same category on Odyssey, that is a great ship change for us, at a great price savings.  

That's amazing TBH for what will be an inaugural cruise on something like the Odyssey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, long4acruise said:

They gave me a one-time 30-day extension at no extra cost on several occasions.  Try calling their Customer Service number 855-234-4654.

Hope you're able to get some satisfaction!

Agreed I did not have to pay a fee either.

7 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

SAME!  We were in JS 9638 on Indy. It's the fact that they won't move the Cruise Planner stuff over that will kill me though.  We had the Beach Club for $38.99 per person! Wifi surf & stream for $8.99 per person per day.  Prices for my other cruises are showing Wifi is double that--now that the Memorial Day 'sale' is over.  

53 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm still waiting on my FCC from my Hawaii cruise cancelled back  in February.  I want to apply it to my Alaska cruise I have just booked for this August.  Thankfully Royal is extending final payment until it comes through. 

I can understand cash being held up because they don't have any but I just don't understand the delay for FCCs.