Process Details for the Celebrity Millennium Sint Maarten Sailings

Seany527

1 hour ago, caymancouple said:

Thank you so much for the posts.  Random questions, any idea how many passengers there will be?  Who is the hotel director?  Thanks

I was told 600 passengers. I don’t know who the hotel director is but I’ll try to find out. 

2 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for all the updates. What are the health and safety protocols on board? Do passengers have to wear masks? What about social distancing? We are booked on the Edge in July so it is so exciting to see a ship set sail.

Basically the same policies back at home. Stay 6 feet apart. Wash your hands. Take the stairs, not the elevator.  Masks do not have to be worn anywhere that I have seen. The chairs on the deck are spread apart in groups of two, but seating is normal at the bar. 

1 hour ago, MrsBBuffalo said:

I saw the staff wearing masks.  Do pax have to wear masks?  Unvaccinated children?

We will keep following and will appreciate more info about the ship and ports, BUT not at the expense of your fun and enjoyment, okay?  Bless you!

Yes, all crew have masks on. Some passengers are wearing masks because they want to, but it’s not required. I actually have not seen a single child on board. Not even teens. 

I’m actually having a lot of fun posting and updating everyone. I love cruise ships and I get great enjoyment from it. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to post like this 😁

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I’m actually having a lot of fun posting and updating everyone. I love cruise ships and I get great enjoyment from it. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to post like this 😁

This gave me ALL the feels! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I'm so excited you're back on a ship and I can't wait until I am too!

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

One thing we enjoy while cruising is meeting people at our table during fixed dining.

I would like to know if strangers are still being seated together during fixed dining....

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Smooth Sailing!!!

Edited by Justprettynpink
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Basically the same policies back at home. Stay 6 feet apart. Wash your hands. Take the stairs, not the elevator.  Masks do not have to be worn anywhere that I have seen. The chairs on the deck are spread apart in groups of two, but seating is normal at the bar. 

You mention taking the stairs, is that a suggestion, or are they not allowing elevator use?  Thanks and have a great time!

• Like 2

thank you so very much for posting.  I am stuck in Canada and can't leave, so being able to read this is amazing.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting so much brighter.

Stefani

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, kcruzgrl said:

You mention taking the stairs, is that a suggestion, or are they not allowing elevator use?  Thanks and have a great time!

Taking the stairs is just a suggestion.
But I’ll tell you, looking at the ocean through the glass elevators was beautiful. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Justprettynpink said:

One thing we enjoy while cruising is meeting people at our table during fixed dining.

I would like to know if strangers are still being seated together during fixed dining....

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Smooth Sailing!!!

I’m eating at Tuscan Grille tonight. At lunch, everyone was seated separately. 

I’ll check tomorrow and let you know about dinner. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Some other things worth noting-

The crew is serving us at the buffet. It’s actually very nice and I would be ok if it stayed like that forever. For 1- it’s a lot cleaner and 2- I eat a lot less 

If anything positive can be said about the pandemic it’s this. I would love to see the crew serve in the buffets moving forward. We had mostly stopped eating there due to unhealthy guests habits. 

• Like 12

Thank you so much for sharing @Seany527 !  These posts have been great and certainly making me feel better about our cruise in a month.  Please keep sharing.  Would love to know your thoughts through the different parts of the cruise (including your Tuscan Grille Dinner!).  

5 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I have some pictures to upload from the whole process but for some reason I can’t upload them with the standard Celebrity internet. It’s just a tiny white square. If anyone knows what I’m doing wrong, let me know. I’m using an iPhone. 

I’ll upload a pic here to show what I mean. 

58C74E1A-8646-4EC8-A661-AA823B705405.thumb.jpeg.98314f4541b9395f53af981b83ac31b3.jpeg

A little off topic, but that is not a great rear end, I know it is an older ship, but the lines from that angle are not very flattering, looks like its made with LEGO blocks.

Edited by colliece
  • Haha 1

Seany527 ..... Cannot tell you how much I (obviously along with many others here) appreciate you taking the time on your vacation to post and "take us along" on this Celebrity cruise!!!  Have a fabulous time  😊

• Like 8

@Seany527 Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation to share this with all of us!  I'm going to be on Millie end of July, and am enjoying following along.
I have a couple of questions if you have time to answer.  How are they handling seating in the MDR?  Have they spaced the tables out a bit?  And how are they handling seating in the theater?  Does the daily planner offer lots of activities and evening entertainment?  Or is it pared down a bit from previous cruises?  If you have a chance to post the planner that would be amazing! Thanks in advance!

Edited by iamaqt2
  • Like 1

I, too, want to thank you for your detailed posts. We are so ready to cruise, but after having so many canceled, we want to wait for a few to get underway. Just hearing  that you are onboard is thrilling! Enjoy your cruise and thanks for any other info you are able to pass on. 

• Like 2

Here are some other highlights from the evening.

Sail-away was listed online as 10pm. Once we boarded “All Aboard” was listed in “Celebrity Today” as 9:15 and in actuality we pushed back from the pier at 8:40. So plan your dinner reservations accordingly if sailaway is important to you. To be honest, it was fairly low key with some cheering, clapping and the horn of the ship. No more than 50 people were actually on the pool deck but that may have been because they changed the time. 

When I arrived back in the room there was a notice on the door about scheduling your COVID test for your return flight back to the USA. 

To schedule the test you use your smartphone to scan a QR code. Next you create an account with your passport and home address info. Then you can schedule your test. If you don’t have a smartphone then I guess you can’t schedule a test and therefore you’re stuck on the ship forever. 

Test appointments were on Thursday and Friday from 8am to 5:55pm. The tests were available in 5 minute intervals with 4 slots per time.

image.thumb.jpg.9e216dab80d6269cc25843fbec0d6924.jpg

Some people have been asking about safety protocols for COVID and overall it’s what you would expect to see at home. As I explored the ship, I did find some new signage which I will post tomorrow along with answering some questions. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Sail-away was listed online as 10pm. Once we boarded “All Aboard” was listed in “Celebrity Today” as 9:15 and in actuality we pushed back from the pier at 8:40. So plan your dinner reservations accordingly if sailaway is important to you. To be honest, it was fairly low key with some cheering, clapping and the horn of the ship. No more than 50 people were actually on the pool deck but that may have been because they changed the time. 

When I arrived back in the room there was a notice on the door about scheduling your COVID test for your return flight back to the USA. 

To schedule the test you use your smartphone to scan a QR code. Next you create an account with your passport and home address info. Then you can schedule your test. If you don’t have a smartphone then I guess you can’t schedule a test and therefore you’re stuck on the ship forever. 

Test appointments were on Thursday and Friday from 8am to 5:55pm. The tests were available in 5 minute intervals with 4 slots per time.

Some people have been asking about safety protocols for COVID and overall it’s what you would expect to see at home. As I explored the ship, I did find some new signage which I will post tomorrow along with answering some questions. 

Gosh they are not even letting you get through the first night before they are making you think about getting off...😀

• Like 3

Thank you!!! we are booked on the Apex first sailing!!!  enjoy your cruise and thanks for taking the time to share all this info with us.

• Like 2