Will there Be a test sailing with Harmony of the Seas

On 6/7/2021 at 7:50 AM, 100viper said:

Isn’t the CSO active until November?

Harmony doesn’t get back to US until Nov 14th. Current CSO goes to NOV 1st.

Harmony is heading to Greece now, wonder what that is all about.....maybe takeing some crew to off load for Jewel of the Seas.

It's heading to Port of Souda

SOUDA (Port)Country: Greece (GR)

Just now, Jimbo said:

Harmony is heading to Greece now, wonder what that is all about.....maybe takeing some crew to off load for Jewel of the Seas.

SOUDA (Port)Country: Greece (GR)

Or Anthem.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 7:51 AM, Jimbo said:

Wasn't your balance all ready due for a August 22nd sailing?...........I know mine is coming up for a September 26th sailing.

My issue is the if I pay the final. We allready know we are going to cancel because we don't feel safwe traveling overseas right now and touring around Europe at this time. 

So we would cancel like 72 hours before the sailing if it sails as scheduled. The  FCC must be used to sail by September 30th 2022. Wish that FCC was good until 2023 because we all ready have cruises for  2022 all ready stacked up.

We would only be laying out about $3800 though for our Owner's Suite, so no near as much money as you are laying out.

If you really are sure you are not going to go, but want to hold out for a possible RCI cancellation so you can get your money back (since an FCC might not be able to be used), AND don't want to fork over another $3800, then I would change your cabin to the cheapest available inside cabin.

That would reduce the amount you have to pay at final, and reduce the FCC you may get if you have to cancel it using Cruise With Confidence (that would be if Royal does not cancel it).  If Royal cancels it, you will probably be able to L&S or, at least, get your money back,

This works if you are SURE you will not go. 

mac_tlc

Yes … it will be the standard SAT test given in high school 😁

sorry , the wording just made me laugh. No disrespect, just the way my mind works 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Will Harmony Be back to Barcelona and ready to start her first Cruise the 15.th of August.

Cross all your fingers, I have booked that Cruise.....

Will she will interport from Port of Civitavecchia or do you think she will only leave from Barcelona this summer?.................Haven't heard for sure what the plans are.

Edited by Jimbo

On 6/14/2021 at 9:44 PM, Heymarco said:

Harmony doesn’t get back to US until Nov 14th. Current CSO goes to NOV 1st.

Florida judge sided with the State of Florida and said CDC overstepped it's authority. The current CSO becomes a recommendation July 18. After July 18, cruise lines can sail as they see fit. They should still implement sanitary protocols cuz if an outbreak occurs, the CDC then does have authority to step in and tell them what to do with a shipload of Covid patients.

15 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

This is what it says if you were to book today on US mobile site.

Screenshot_20210620-153110_Chrome.jpg

Yup, it does. But if you check the same cruise departing from Rome, once it starts back up in September, there is no mention of a vaccine requirement. Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing? Did they forget about Rome departures? Or is it something else? 

Screenshot_20210620-205008.thumb.jpg.d554ac09ace7f64aac7f0892ac1d0f2b.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yup, it does. But if you check the same cruise departing from Rome, once it starts back up in September, there is no mention of a vaccine requirement. Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing? Did they forget about Rome departures? Or is it something else? 

Same for me on the German website... the August sailings out of Barcelona do show the vaccine requirement. The Civitavecchia sailings (which don´t start until Sep 2nd) don´t mention a vaccine requirement.

steamboats

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

Same for me on the German website... the August sailings out of Barcelona do show the vaccine requirement. The Civitavecchia sailings (which don´t start until Sep 2nd) don´t mention a vaccine requirement.

steamboats

Seems strange, since when interporting both sets of people will be onboard for part of each cruise's

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Seems strange, since when interporting both sets of people will be onboard for part of each cruise's

I´d say it´s simply "Royal IT". The Harmony of the Seas is also not listed on the Healthy Sail Center website of RCI - for Europe it´s just the Juwel listed there.

steamboats

7 minutes ago, steamboats said:

I´d say it´s simply "Royal IT". The Harmony of the Seas is also not listed on the Healthy Sail Center website of RCI - for Europe it´s just the Juwel listed there.

steamboats

It's not listed there yet because they don't know yet what the requirements are for  sailings from Barcelona or Rome yet is.

On 6/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

My final payment day is 3rd july for Harmony cruise on the 29th Aug. Booked throgh RCL uk website.

Rules must be very different overseas.  My final payment for the Sept. 12 sailing of Harmony was due June 14, so I had to make a decision with many unknowns at the moment.  I opted to cancel and take FCC.  Looking to re-book for a 2022 Mediterranean cruise on the Allure, when everything will hopefully be much closer to normal again.