Will there Be a test sailing with Harmony of the Seas

2 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Rules must be very different overseas.  My final payment for the Sept. 12 sailing of Harmony was due June 14, so I had to make a decision with many unknowns at the moment.  I opted to cancel and take FCC.  Looking to re-book for a 2022 Mediterranean cruise on the Allure, when everything will hopefully be much closer to normal again.

Final payment dates depend on the market where you book the cruise. The UK is about 8 weeks out and here in Portugal it's just 30 days, although this time round I booked with a US travel agent so have to work on US rules and have just made final payment.

It's sad but I think you probably made the wisest decision, especially since you're travelling from across the pond. It's a long way to come for a less than stellar experience. You will certainly enjoy your trip much more once the many restrictions have been lifted.

It's different for me because we live a short 90 minute flight from Barcelona and have been to all the ports multiple times, so the ship itself is the destination. I'll be happy just floating around in the Med for the week with someone else doing the cooking and cleaning! :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Final payment dates depend on the market where you book the cruise. The UK is about 8 weeks out and here in Portugal it's just 30 days, although this time round I booked with a US travel agent so have to work on US rules and have just made final payment.

It's sad but I think you probably made the wisest decision, especially since you're travelling from across the pond. It's a long way to come for a less than stellar experience. You will certainly enjoy your trip much more once the many restrictions have been lifted.

It's different for me because we live a short 90 minute flight from Barcelona and have been to all the ports multiple times, so the ship itself is the destination. I'll be happy just floating around in the Med for the week with someone else doing the cooking and cleaning! :classic_laugh:

Agree with this. We live in UK so a short flight down to Barcelona for the 29th Aug cruise. Hopefully if the UK gov put spain, italy and france on the green list. Our final balance is due 3rd July.

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Agree with this. We live in UK so a short flight down to Barcelona for the 29th Aug cruise. Hopefully if the UK gov put spain, italy and france on the green list. Our final balance is due 3rd July.

Fingers crossed for you that they either go on the green list or that fully vaccinated travellers will be exempt from quarantine by then, like they were hinting on Sky News this morning. 

On 6/21/2021 at 5:17 PM, FionaMG said:

I'll be happy just floating around in the Med for the week with someone else doing the cooking and cleaning! 

I have been on the Harmony once before and it's a beautiful ship, so you will have fun regardless. I'm not as excited to go on the Allure since it's older, but definitely looking forward to seeing all the ports in the Mediterranean post-Covid, the way they are meant to be experienced.

26 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

I have been on the Harmony once before and it's a beautiful ship, so you will have fun regardless. I'm not as excited to go on the Allure since it's older, but definitely looking forward to seeing all the ports in the Mediterranean post-Covid, the way they are meant to be experienced.

Yes, I'm sure we will. We have actually been on Harmony once too, during her inaugural season in Europe, five years ago, exact same week at the end of September/beginning of October. I still have the inaugural season t-shirt that I bought on board and will be taking with me to wear at some point during the cruise! :classic_laugh:

We didn't really plan on doing this cruise. We were booked to go on Allure last year, just as a quick getaway because the price was so cheap, but then of course Covid scuttled our plans. If the same thing happens again this year I expect we'll lift and shift again, which will put us right back on Allure! 

You will definitely enjoy the ports. There's so much to see and do and if you can manage a couple of days' stay in Barcelona before or after it's well worth it. One of my all-time favourite excursions on this itinerary was to the ruins in Pompeii which you can visit from Naples. You can also do a great DIY trip by train to the villages of Cinque Terre from La Spezie, if you're looking for an alternative to Florence.