Jump to content

Indy cruises canceled out of Port Everglades, replaced by Odyssey.


Recommended Posts

Just got the email also. Looks like Odyssey replaces Indy for our July 17 cruise.  Just not sure if it will go on the 17th and to where.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"However, the good news is, Odyssey of the Seas will offer similar itineraries, so we'll automatically move you to the corresponding Odyssey of the Seas sailing beginning June 6th, 2021 to help make the transition easier." Yes!!! Thank you Royal Caribbean. I feel like I hit a jackpot! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vera/Lee said:

"However, the good news is, Odyssey of the Seas will offer similar itineraries, so we'll automatically move you to the corresponding Odyssey of the Seas sailing beginning June 6th, 2021 to help make the transition easier." Yes!!! Thank you Royal Caribbean. I feel like I hit a jackpot! 

Oh I agree.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just realized, Odyssey is sailing from Port Everglade, not Miami like Indy was.  Cuts the drive time in half from my house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I just realized, Odyssey is sailing from Port Everglade, not Miami like Indy was.  Cuts the drive time in half from my house.

I wouldn't count on it.   If it is replacing the Indy, as the Indy is replacing the Liberty in Galveston, (July and August) then I bet that Odyssey is sailing from Miami now.   All sailings of the Odyssey in July and August are closed for booking in "CruisingPower" at this moment, indicating a change is being made.  Of course, this would mean all Odyssey sailing from PE will be cancelled and/or replaced with another ship??!!  Very dynamic situation right now.

Edited by Tagsalong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

I wouldn't count on it.   If it is replacing the Indy, as the Indy is replacing the Liberty in Galveston, (July and August) then I bet that Odyssey is sailing from Miami now.   All sailings of the Odyssey in July and August are closed for booking in "CruisingPower" at this moment, indicating a change is being made.  Of course, this would mean all Odyssey sailing from PE will be cancelled and/or replaced with another ship??!!  Very dynamic situation right now.

 

The July & August bookings for Odyssey out of the US have never been available. They weren't taken down to make a change, they haven't been released yet for booking. And the announcement of the Odyssey being out of Fort Lauderdale was made concurrently with the announcement of moving the Indy passengers to her. Yes, everything is in flux, but the decision to have Odyssey out of Fort Lauderdale not Miami was made after/at the same time as the decision to have her replace Indy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

talked to a buddy of mine from RCLl Odyssey will go out of Miami to make it easier for people who already had flights and hotels booked for their Indy cruise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DAVLIB007 said:

talked to a buddy of mine from RCLl Odyssey will go out of Miami to make it easier for people who already had flights and hotels booked for their Indy cruise

The email from Royal stated Port Everglades, did your friend say if Royal would announce a change back to Miami?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

The email from Royal stated Port Everglades, did your friend say if Royal would announce a change back to Miami?

Hi - When I called Fri nite-Royal told me it was FT Laud.  Still havent gotten any emails from Royal: casino, or about this change. Guess I will doing phone calls to them. Our list still says Independ. for July3. You also??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, EZ1 said:

Hi - When I called Fri nite-Royal told me it was FT Laud.  Still havent gotten any emails from Royal: casino, or about this change. Guess I will doing phone calls to them. Our list still says Independ. for July3. You also??

Yes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, EZ1 said:

Hi - When I called Fri nite-Royal told me it was FT Laud.  Still havent gotten any emails from Royal: casino, or about this change. Guess I will doing phone calls to them. Our list still says Independ. for July3. You also??

Same here (nothing from the casino).  7-17 and 7-25.  I am getting nervous.  I guess the worst that can happen is I get a refund....but I was really hoping that this ONCE they would move my casino comps.  I see that (CruisingPower) the only rooms showing any availability (7-17) are balconies.  All suites, inside and OV categories are showing CLS (Closed).  I am certainly hoping that this is so that they can arrange all of the transfers before allowing outside bookings...but it's still very nerve-wracking.

 

For the following week (7-25) it is exactly the opposite.  ONLY suites are showing available and everything else is CLS.

 

I don't look forward to making a call but I guess that's going to be inevitable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last fall when RC changed our Brilliance cruise to Independence, the initial email came out on 9/23. It took about a week to transfer our  bookings to Independence. We got our new invoices on 10/1. 
I suspect that RC will have all the transfers done by end of next week.

 

Once that is done, any empty cabins up to an unknown quota will be released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Same here (nothing from the casino).  7-17 and 7-25.  I am getting nervous.  I guess the worst that can happen is I get a refund....but I was really hoping that this ONCE they would move my casino comps.  I see that (CruisingPower) the only rooms showing any availability (7-17) are balconies.  All suites, inside and OV categories are showing CLS (Closed).  I am certainly hoping that this is so that they can arrange all of the transfers before allowing outside bookings...but it's still very nerve-wracking.

 

For the following week (7-25) it is exactly the opposite.  ONLY suites are showing available and everything else is CLS.

 

I don't look forward to making a call but I guess that's going to be inevitable.

I tried to call twice today, but the wait was too long so I hung up.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Same here (nothing from the casino).  7-17 and 7-25.  I am getting nervous.  I guess the worst that can happen is I get a refund....but I was really hoping that this ONCE they would move my casino comps.  I see that (CruisingPower) the only rooms showing any availability (7-17) are balconies.  All suites, inside and OV categories are showing CLS (Closed).  I am certainly hoping that this is so that they can arrange all of the transfers before allowing outside bookings...but it's still very nerve-wracking.

 

For the following week (7-25) it is exactly the opposite.  ONLY suites are showing available and everything else is CLS.

 

I don't look forward to making a call but I guess that's going to be inevitable.

 

Edited by EZ1
When I called Royal Fri. nite, she told me that our independ was changed to Odyssey July 3 & that we would be given the same cabin category. Independence is smaller than Odyssey & also they wont be using all the cabins, to keep it less crowded..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DonnaMW said:

Well they transferred me to Texas staying on Independance Wow.  
 

well long wait again tomorrow I guess. 


That is first step.  Give it a few hours.  It will then show up as Odyssey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last night we got emails with our new cabins after the switch from Independence to Odyssey. We're happy with the cabins. It lists a balance due, but they did tell us previously that it could take a couple weeks to update the reservation to show paid in full. Our main concern is it states June 7th as the date final payment is due! We are worried that the system will automatically cancel if it appears we have a balance due and it passes final payment date before they fix it. 

 

I'm trying to call to verify, but it says the office is closed. My guess that is because the line of people on hold is so long it can't take any more. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

 

Has anyone else encountered this and know if they have it under control and won't cancel the reservations?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m really frustrated that I get all my news on changes to my cruises from Facebook.  I get all of Royal’s so called  “sale” emails but never any important news.    
 

I’m booked on 7/17 and 8/14 and am happy with the change but hope they assign me a stateroom near the aft elevators since that’s where my Independence rooms were.  Wonder if I’ll even get those emails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...