Just booked!!

I sailed with them to Venice in October 2019.........LOVED IT😃....hope you will too!!!

• Thanks 1

Ravenna seems very far out of the way from this itinerary.  How did they work that excursion?  [Seeing the mosacis in Ravenna would add to any trip in this area, it just seems like such a detour!]

20 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Ravenna seems very far out of the way from this itinerary.  How did they work that excursion?  [Seeing the mosacis in Ravenna would add to any trip in this area, it just seems like such a detour!]

The Po was very low in October and it was very warm. This was an excursion to see the Mosaics another stop in town and lunch.

Second seating

When I sailed on this Venice cruise we were not able to go on the Po at all.  So I have no clue what its like.  I loved all the stops we made though........but I don't remember going to Ravenna. (I sailed in Oct 2019). 

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

I sailed with them to Venice in October 2019.........LOVED IT😃....hope you will too!!!

Thanks for your comment, Lois.  I always appreciate and trust your opinion.

15 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Thanks for your comment, Lois.  I always appreciate and trust your opinion.

Hey Stranger😃how are things in your neck of the woods?

1 minute ago, Bookishcruiser said:

Ravenna does not appear to be an option. Bummer. 

The regular stops are really good😃

• Like 1

Yes from Phoenix. My outbound flight are terrible. You need to go nonstop From the US to Italy. Since I am going to Milan, the only option is JFK. Delta has their COVID safe flights marked on their website. American tells me that all their nonstop flights to Italy are COVID safe. Emirates and United may also have them. 

And DW and I make 4 [not for bridge, for reading actual printed books!]

DW just visited our town assessor to ask for a reduction in our taxes.  She prepared a list of relevant features and lack thereof and took pictures of our 75-year old bathrooms and the knotty pine basement playrood, plus listings of recent sales in our neighborhood.  His reaction was 'Wow, you are detailed!'  She said, 'That's what you get with a retired research librarian!'  [PS - 19% reduction 😀]

• Like 3

Well, I join in the chorus, admitting that I have worked part time in a rental library for sheet music and would happily sail a library-themed river cruise. For me, apart from huge old libraries like in Melk Abbey on the Danube, bookshops are a particular delight when they are in old buildings, like the old railway station in Alnwick in England.

And the title of this thread is "Just booked". 🙂 

Anyway, enjoy Venice and the area. Never been to the city but enjoyed Verona very much.

notamermaid

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So... still no cruise documents. And British Airways just cancelled my return flight from London. Waiting for a call back from American. It’s been over 8 hours. I’m still excited but it’s not seamless. 

On 6/4/2021 at 10:37 PM, Bookishcruiser said:

Uniworld July 9 Milan, Venice and Jewels of Italy. So happy about traveling again. Any advice  or anyone else on board? 

We did it in 2017…going again August 27.  Loved it so much!  In Milan book the Domo (sp?) roof top tour…exciting!  Take Old Milan tour then try out the restaurants along the canal interesting food, great atmosphere  …take the trolley back to the hotel.  The guide will give you the details.  On the way to Venice the bus will stop at a winery…we were there on Mother’s Day…but it was such a wonderful lunch…enjoy.  And let us know how it goes.