Norwegian Spirit to Hawaii and Tahiti

Scubadoc

We have been planning a 40th anniversary trip of a lifetime since before Covid and it has been canceled more times than I can remember. Finally we have hope that we actually have a plan that will go. We are booked on the Norwegian spirit for the 14 day Tahiti And  Hawaii cruise. It's not until next May. 11 months is a long time but I want to actually start planning and dreaming. It's been along time since we've been on  Norwegian. Does anyone have any reason to think that this cruise might be canceled? I wouldn't think it would be because of Covid itself by then but possibly because of changes in route or something like that? I've heard nothing from Norwegian one way or the other. Thanks! 

We're booked on the NCL Spirit Apr 23 , 2022 Sydney to Tahiti, followed by the May 7, 2022 Tahiti to Honolulu. This would be to "try again" for our last cruise before Covid, which was the same route in March 2020 that had Tahiti cancelled and ended up wandering the Pacific .

Unfortunately, we don't really expect the Apr/May 2022 Spirit cruises to sail.

The NCL Spirit was scheduled to sail from Europe to Australia this November, then do a series of Australia and New Zealand cruises over January/Feb 2022 (the local summer), a roundtrip Sydney-Bali in April (which we're also booked on), then start repositioning across to Alaska with the Apr 23 and May 7 cruises.

The journey to Australia in November has already been cancelled, as well as local sailings in Australia through to early Febuary (thus missing the main part of the summer season, the only reason to send a ship to Australia). It's really quite unlikely that the Spirit will now go to Australia - so there would be no reason for it to reposition across the Pacific.

Australia and NZ are with few exceptions still closed to non-citizens/non-residents (Australians are not allowed to leave the country). In recent weeks it's become clear this is likely to continue well into the first half of next year, or longer.

Maybe the Spirit will take another route to get to Tahiti and then do the May cruise before heading to Alaska.  Seems more likely it'll sail elsewhere, sorry!

Edited by Rob_H