Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hotels have elevators too, should they be only for vaccinated people?  How about office buildings and elevators?  

I don’t know about you, I am only in close proximity when I attend a show in the theatre.  I don’t ever lay out by the pool, but even there according to the CDC you would be considered outdoors, not in a confined space.

So many false or misleading statements for such a short post.

Again- the majority of us who are vaccinated do not worry about contracting Covid. Our concern is having on- board restrictions such as mandated masking as well as the possibility of having our cruise cut short because the unvaccinated contract Covid at a percentage that requires return to port. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I would prefer that the passengers on my cruise were sensible and did what is right for them. If That means vaccination, so be it. I am no longer going to modify my plans on the whim of CNN. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Since you don't feel like sharing your legal credentials, I'm going to assume you have none.  That being the case why should I pay any attention to your legal opinions?

It is not classified as an "experimental drug". You are right to ignore the legal opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jndsilver31 said:

are you folks taking into account florida’s law about asking if a person has been vaccinated

You are allowed to ask. You just can't deny service. Why is it so hard for people to understand?

1 minute ago, wingatesl said:

You are allowed to ask. You just can't deny service. Why is it so hard for people to understand?

you cant adk. it is a $5000 finr for each time

this is not new policy for royal caribbean. richard faib, ceo of royal caribbean holdings, a week ago said royal caribbean cruises would cruise with unvaccinated passengers

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

It IS classified as an experimental drug

No it is not. The FDA has a completely different “formulary” and sets of regulations for “experimental”. NONE of the Covid vaccines being used I. This country are classified as “experimental”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

It IS classified as an experimental drug

No, it is not.  An EUA is still an authorization.  And you could learn a lot if you research why they choose a two month time for the initial testing.  But I  know there is no way to change your mind, just as I doubt you could provide any realistic facts to change mine.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Someone's decision to not get the flu vaccine didn't turn my cruise from a carefree experience to a masked, socially distant experience

Because wearing masks and social distancing was prescribed during flu season exactly Never. 

Jonathan

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jndsilver31 said:

this is not new policy for royal caribbean. richard faib, ceo of royal caribbean holdings, a week ago said royal caribbean cruises would cruise with unvaccinated passengers

😆 my sister and I were talking about this very thing today.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No it is not. The FDA has a completely different “formulary” and sets of regulations for “experimental”. NONE of the Covid vaccines being used I. This country are classified as “experimental”

The box they come in say they are experimental 

22 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

Vaccinations are specifically excluded. 

Vaccines are excluded (all of them) from any recourse except the vaccine court.  I don't know if these experimental/emergency use only have any other exclusions 

3 hours ago, cindivan said:

I wonder how many people who currently are opposed to MRNA technology in the covid vaccine will maintain that feeling if the same technology is used to fight cancer and that is the best course of action recommended by medical professionals for the treatment of themself or a loved one. “Nah.  Too new.  That technology is only 50 years old.”

because if you don’t treat cancer you will very likely die. Most people who get Covid recover without a problem.  

If I have cancer I have a lot less to lose with trying something. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Sounds like you’re not a fan of children onboard?

That was an obvious response to "I would only cruise on cruiselines that require 100% vaccination.  If RCL changes the requirement (about requiring 100%), I won't cruise RCL.
Cruiselines have a choice, cruisers also have choices."

Thanks for playing though. 

1 minute ago, RoyalC said:

That was an obvious response to "I would only cruise on cruiselines that require 100% vaccination.  If RCL changes the requirement (about requiring 100%), I won't cruise RCL.
Cruiselines have a choice, cruisers also have choices."

Thanks for playing though. 

Would you enjoy your cruise with all the kids vaccinated?

I feel bad for the RC staff onboard the ships that will have to monitor and control the vaxxed vs. the unvaxxed vis-a-vis,  the different protocols between the groups. This being America,  I forsee the unvaxxed after 1 day forgoing masks, social distancing and everything else, especially when at the bars. Typically the anti-vaxxers are also the anti-maskers. They scream your violating their "rights" and it's all "fake" and no worse than the flu. They dare anyone to infringe on their God given rights while yelling `Merica!. I forsee many verbal altercations between vaxxed and unvaccinated people. Human dynamics of who we have become in this nation over the last year in this highly divided country will play out on these cruises. It's going to be a mess unfortunately. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Would you enjoy your cruise with all the kids vaccinated?

It would not matter to me tbh. But I do think you cannot have a standard for one (adult) and not the other. Kids attend schools and that is place to spread illness.

I'd enjoy a non-smoking cruise (let them smoke at the back like on Celebrity)

Edited by RoyalC

11 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

I feel bad for the RC staff onboard the ships that will have to monitor and control the vaxxed vs. the unvaxxed vis-a-vis,  the different protocols between the groups. This being America,  I forsee the unvaxxed after 1 day forgoing masks, social distancing and everything else, especially when at the bars. Typically the anti-vaxxers are also the anti-maskers. They scream your violating their "rights" and it's all "fake" and no worse than the flu. They dare anyone to infringe on their God given rights while yelling `Merica!. I forsee many verbal altercations between vaxxed and unvaccinated people. Human dynamics of who we have become in this nation over the last year in this highly divided country will play out on these cruises. It's going to be a mess unfortunately. 

My understanding, maybe incorrect, is that below 95% vaccinated will result in all cruisers having to follow the CDC protocol for unvaccinated. Is that true as of now?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

Social media will be exploding with videos of angry cruise passengers  if cruise lines think they can enforce different rules for vaxxed/non-vaxxed.  

Ugh. Our family decided to realize FCC with RC is a sunk cost unless they extend it until CDC relaxes their restrictions of quarantining passengers and returning to port if cruises pass the 1.5% threshold. Not scared of covid anymore. Just don’t want to be stuck in my room

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 3