Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

On 6/5/2021 at 10:17 PM, Heymarco said:

Several people were saying those who don’t want a vaccine don’t have to cruise and can wait. It’s funny seeing the sides now reversed. Sadly, still no empathy. Wish would could just respect each other’s decisions, understand life always carries some risk, and move on.

-Vaxed but believe it should remain an unrestricted choice.

Great post!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mauraoel said:

None but I don't believe the ship is any more dangerous than Universal for 5 days during the holiday period or well attended sporting events which haven't produced super spreader events that the Good Doctor insisted they would. 

So very true. Sadly some people do not like hearing the truth.

• Like 4

On 6/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, Kalousdi said:

I am vaccinated and more than comfortable going on a ship that has unvaccinated people on it.  I think more than enough people are comfortable and ready to cruise again.  If you are not comfortable then you should not be going and choose another line that works for you.  

Exactly, I feel the same way about this whole thing. It seems like some would be happy if the rules were never removed. If they are not comfortable they should cruise another line, it is as simple as that. As for me I'm good with it and will gladly be sailing with Royal.

Edited by mkdreams
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, jptoz said:

I totally agree. You don't want to get vaxed, that's on you. I could care less. The problem comes about if unvaxed passenger get sick, that ship is turning back around. 

MTE.

I'm vaccinated and not worried about getting sick. I am worried about what happens if there is an outbreak on the ship.

I'm also waiting to hear what the safety protocols are going to be. Is everyone going to have to wear masks because they can't differentiate vaccinated and non vaccinated people by sight? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Fully Vaccinated Seating areas at Baseball Stadiums

Yankee Stadium https://www.mlb.com/yankees/ballpark/information/fully-vaccinated-seating-sections

Dodger Stadium https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/tickets/single-game-tickets/vaccination-zone

San Francisco Giants - Oracle Park - https://www.mlb.com/giants/tickets/vaccinated-sections

Seattle Mariners https://www.mlb.com/mariners/tickets/single-game-tickets/vaccinated-sections

San Diego Padres -https://www.petcoparkinsider.com/vaccinated-section

There are no "sides" you get a vaccination to protect yourself from catching a deadly virus, you do it for your community and the world. 

We're all on the same team. 

Jonathan 

Of course, in the lockdown states where freedom is dying.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, lovescats5 said:
  • No sites, but why then did CDC say even though you are vaccinated you need to wear a mask because you can still get Covid and it is possible to it is possible infect someone.  The huge problem I see is that the all the information changes daily as did Fauci"s  stand on masks.  It is hard to know who to believe or disbelieve.  After so many turn arounds from the Administration I certainly do not believe them.

Because they don’t believe what they have been telling us is the KISS answer.  It is really a complete failure on their educational side, that 16 months into this we still don’t know answers to fundamental questions.  Which makes me question the people who just repeat the mis-truths that the good Doctor and other bureaucratic minions spew at us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Karma5 said:

There are other ports beside Florida such as NJ, Boston which having more sense will most likely require

vaccination...............

So, you can’t go to Canada, it is closed to cruising, so a long ride to Bermuda or the Caribbean.  Should be really nice around the Xmas Holidays.  😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, purpletequila said:

The arrogance of this ^ though. 
I really hope ports refuse to accept RC ships and other lines’ ships if they don’t require full vaccination. These islands don’t need us showing up, spreading a potentially deadly virus. 

You're welcome to stay home sitting in the corner rocking back and forth if you want, but we're cruising as soon as ships start sailing. I can live with what you consider arrogance. After all, you are entitled to your opinion.

• Like 3

Last thing I read was that Norwegian was standing its ground on requiring vaccines. I've never sailed Norwegian, but commend them for taking a stand.

As others have said, I'm vaccinated and am thrilled to now be able to do things like grocery shop without a mask! I don't have to prove I'm vaccinated to do so, but then again, I don't come into close and extended contact with other grocery shoppers. If someone in the grocery store is found to have Covid, I will not be forced to stop my shopping and quarantine in the store. And trips to the grocery store are not events I spend two years saving up to enjoy. 

Focusing on the Caribbean for the moment, since Florida seems to be a major factor, most ports of call are absolutely dependent on tourism. It is the #1 form of income for most of the inhabitants. I'm sure they are anxious for cruisers to return. However, if those cruisers infect the local population, it will only further decimate an already suffering local economy. I'm an obsessive planner and already researching port options for my cruise in February 2023, all the while knowing that many of those options will have disappeared by then. It's easy to think a tour or attraction that has closed down due to Covid will reopen once the threat has past. I suspect that for many, that will be financially impossible. Individual or family-owned resorts, attractions, tour companies will be forced to either sell out to investors (likely destroying the benefits of small locally-run excursions), or simply go out of business. That will negatively impact cruising now and for years to come. 

You don't hear travelers protesting having to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever, Polio, or Malaria when traveling to certain destinations. What makes this vaccine any different? 

Edited by printingchick
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, printingchick said:

You don't hear travelers protesting having to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever, Polio, or Malaria when traveling to certain destinations. What makes this vaccine any different? 

Uncertainty.

Lack of time-based data for research.

"Emergency Use" status only at this time.

Emerging knowledge of natural immunity antibodies continuing to exist in bone marrow.

Finally, we do not vaccinate populations for something not a risk (under 17, only 300 deaths), minimally more in age increments to age 50 for those with no underlying health risks.

It also doesn't help when almost every news outlet fear mongered that the vaccine was dangerous because they didn't like the person in the chair at the time (including the person in the chair at this time, and the second in line).

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, printingchick said:

I'm a cruise fanatic, but I totally disagree. Universal Studios is primarily an outdoor event. Even when indoors, you're with different people all the time, not confined with the same people for seven days. Sporting events are also typically outdoors and last a short period of time. That said, you've been lucky. Norovirus is NOT limited to cruise ships, but it's where outbreaks most often occur because the SAME people are in close proximity for a LONG time. Remember when this all started? Large numbers of cruise passengers became stranded as the virus ran rampant through the ship and they were not permitted to dock and disembark. Who wants to be part of that? I am a budget traveler by necessity and I sure don't want my big vacation investment to become a nightmare. My cruise is over a year away, so I hope not to be impacted beyond the disappointment of finding many great local tours I'd have enjoyed have been forced out of business by the virus. (So sad...) But if this is still going on, I would absolutely cancel before final payment. I don't understand the objection to the vaccine requirement. No one balks at having to get shots to travel to countries abroad. It's a choice. So is this. I wish RCCL would stand their ground.

It is how you look at it. There are people who look at cruising as an entitled comfort with price meaning nothing and others as a luxury on a budget to do.

No.  My doc advised to get vaxxed.  The so-called experts believe the experimental therapy works.  So if I follow the science and/or the séance, I'm protected.

I could care less what others choose...not my choice.  And an extended stay on the ship because of some fear of a 'break-out'?  OK.  Feel about the same regarding fear of hitting an whale.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2

We just booked our Royal cruise out of Miami yesterday, after cancelling our NCL cruise.  We got the first shot of the gene therapy 'vaccine' but have no intention of getting the second after researching how dangerous it could be given no one knows what will happen in the long run as far as side effects and permanent effects.  We're not 'antivaxxers, we're just not at all comfortable with this so called vaccine and its spike proteins being trapped in our blood systems indefinitely. 

• Like 7

Happy that RCI won’t force the jab to cruise. 
I LOVE RCI!! 
Always have and they are our #1 Cruising Company!!

Btw, those who have been jabbed should be safe right?
That’s why they got it right? 
So why are they worried about those of us who don’t get the jab?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, 2CoolCanucks said:

I LOVE RCI!! 

Honest question - What do you think happens if a covid outbreak happens on a ship among non vax guests? What has happened to ships in the past that had outbreaks of disease? 

What happens when you get to a port that requires a negative test or vaccine? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Uncertainty.

Lack of time-based data for research.

"Emergency Use" status only at this time.

Emerging knowledge of natural immunity antibodies continuing to exist in bone marrow.

Finally, we do not vaccinate populations for something not a risk (under 17, only 300 deaths), minimally more in age increments to age 50 for those with no underlying health risks.

It also doesn't help when almost every news outlet fear mongered that the vaccine was dangerous because they didn't like the person in the chair at the time (including the person in the chair at this time, and the second in line).

And it is truly odd the recovered really don't matter aside from wanting recovered blooddonations.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrusinCorey said:

Honest question - What do you think happens if a covid outbreak happens on a ship among non vax guests? What has happened to ships in the past that had outbreaks of disease? 

What happens when you get to a port that requires a negative test or vaccine? 

A few things.

Current CDC guidelines say that anyone suspected of Covid is confined to their stateroom and tested. If the test is positive, they are confined for the remainder of the cruise. They can only interact with medical staff, and meals will be delivered to their stateroom.

The cruise continues on until 1.5% of the passengers test positive. So if there are 4,000 passengers, if/when 60 test positive, the cruise is cancelled and they return to homeport.

Homeport MUST take everyone, you can't be stuck on the ship. That is what the port agreements are for. They have medical areas set up for anyone who tests positive.

For destination ports, that depends on the port. If the port requires vaccines, then everyone on the ship must be vaccinated before the ship departs, even if you don't plan to get off at that port. If they don't require vaccines, they may still deny the ship approval to dock depending on if/how many positive covid cases are on the ship. While the US number is 1.5%, lets say a port hypotheticals has a 1% cutoff, they can deny the ship if 40 people are positive. No way to know that info yet.

• Like 1

With all due respect i will only sail on a line that requires vaccinated crew and passengers.  If one not vaccinated person reports positive we still don’t know how the cruise line, government agencies and the ports will handle it. I won’t risk my wife’s safety and also risk being quarantined. We have enough cruises under our belts and our bucket list is done. We have been blessed so i respect everyone’s opinion if they want to sail but we can afford to wait.  We are in NY right now but planning to go to our other home on Oahu as soon as this summer and ride out the storm till all this confusion abates.  Then it’s back to cruising for us.  I wish everyone well and smooth sailing. I’ll add that for us there is no better vacation than cruising but i think all the hoops and hurdles and risks right now are not worth the time, effort and exhausting hurdles.  All the best!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, 2CoolCanucks said:

I LOVE RCI!! 

Jab, jab, jab......

FYI, most vaccinated people aren't worried about getting sick or dying.  They're just not thrilled about the idea of being locked up in their rooms or the cruise being cancelled midway because covid has appeared on the on the ship.  Or having to wear masks on a ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nobody knows the length of time that the vaccine is effective.  It is believed to be 6 months to a year but who knows? I choose to live life without fear. Nobody knows what lies ahead of them. Covid is everywhere, not just on a cruise ship. Cruise if you are comfortable and cancel if not.  

• Like 2