Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

1 minute ago, zdad59 said:

We aren't scheduled to sail until January on Odyssey.     I fully expected when we booked that things will be completely different by then.    But that's not the point for me.   RCL announced that they would return to sail and ask for proof of vaccination.    They didn't say they would require everyone be vaccinated but they did say they would be asking.   Richard Fain said "We expect everyone that is eligible for a vaccine will be expected to have one."    I am irked that they backed down from a key element they used to promote a return to sailing.    I say it is spineless and a very visible lowering of standards.    

We will likely cancel, again not because we expect anything to be really different than what we thought we'd get in January, but because we are disappointed in RCLs ethics on the matter.

You sell a 7 day cruise for IDK, $1200/balcony w/ 3 people in it... $3600 gross income, you ask them for proff of vaccine and you're then fined $15,000. So you're now $11,400 in the red for just one cabin

From a business standpoint... how would you handle it?

9 minutes ago, cindivan said:

I will gladly deal with tan lines from a vaxxed bracelet than a mask. It will definitely be interesting to see how RC thinks they can enforce rules with those not vaxxed vs vaxxed.   I foresee a lot of videos with angry people on social media being told they have restrictions if RC really tries to differentiate. 

Has Royal said those vaccinated will be identified some way and allowed to be free of masks? I'm a bit behind regarding this recent development. (Our upcoming b2b is out of Galveston, not a FL port.)

Edited by Etta1213

5 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

This is a safety issue, not a human rights or liberties issue. 

My right to be safe and enjoy a vacation should not be trumped by people refusing to get vaccinated and wanting the same treatment as those that are. 

This is a bait and switch. We all booked cruises under the policy of vaccines. Now they just decide to change it?  Irresponsible and unconscionable. 

I agree 100% !!! I am totally shocked at Royal Caribbean's decision.  What are they thinking?? Oh, I know, they're thinkin about $$$$$

Just wait and see, someone (or several) unvaccinated guests will get sick, the cruise will get shortened or cancelled, everyone on the ship will be stuck, and the mess starts all over again.  And you know if this happens, the CDC will pull the plug on cruising again..  Stupid decision Royal Caribbean....

• Like 8

Depends. If CSO is relaxed so that on-board or on-shore cases won't require the itinerary to be cancelled, yes. If the guidance that a small percent of the PAX population causes trip to terminate and under quarantine remains, then yes. If really depends how CSO guidance changes.

4 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You sell a 7 day cruise for IDK, $1200/balcony w/ 3 people in it... $3600 gross income, you ask them for proff of vaccine and you're then fined $15,000. So you're now $11,400 in the red for just one cabin

From a business standpoint... how would you handle it?

-- Sail from somewhere other than Florida.

-- Ask for proof of vaccination prior to boarding day, from a non Florida Call Center or Data Center
-- Continue the court fight.

Frankly, I haven't invested time considering alternatives, but there are surely alternatives.   RCL knew what the Florida Governor was intending when they announced their return to sailing plan.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

I agree 100% !!! I am totally shocked at Royal Caribbean's decision.  What are they thinking?? Oh, I know, they're thinkin about $$$$$

Just wait and see, someone (or several) unvaccinated guests will get sick, the cruise will get shortened or cancelled, everyone on the ship will be stuck, and the mess starts all over again.  And you know if this happens, the CDC will pull the plug on cruising again..  Stupid decision Royal Caribbean....

Yep... as a business w/ no income for over a year what in the world are they thinking about if not $$$$. 🙄 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

-- Sail from somewhere other than Florida.

-- Ask for proof of vaccination prior to boarding day, from a non Florida Call Center or Data Center
-- Continue the court fight.

Frankly, I haven't invested time considering alternatives, but there are surely alternatives.   RCL knew what the Florida Governor was intending when they announced their return to sailing plan.   

Florida is the #1 market in the industry. They know what they're doing. Unfortunately it doesn't allign w/ you. 

• Like 6

I have a B5B booked for next Mar-May. My first 3 are out of Sydney, so I’m not real hopeful that Australia will open their border by Mar. I may only end up with Hawaii leg, and I will go.

I am vaccinated, travel solo, and do my own thing most of the time anyway. Not interested in hanging out with a crowd or strangers, so I bring hobbies and activities to keep me busy. So, yes, I will cruise with the unvaxxed. Doesn’t bother me in the least.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Has Royal said those vaccinated will be identified some way and allowed to be free of masks? I'm a bit behind regarding this recent development. (Our upcoming b2b is out of Galveston, not a FL port.)

Very unclear right now what the policy will be. RC just did their 180 yesterday so a lot is unknown. CDC has different rules for ships that don’t have 95% vaccinated passengers. It will be interesting to see for sure!

1 minute ago, cindivan said:

Very unclear right now what the policy will be. RC just did their 180 yesterday so a lot is unknown. CDC has different rules for ships that don’t have 95% vaccinated passengers. It will be interesting to see for sure!

Things to continue to update just as RCL said it would so no surprises to anything. A clear outline would be nice at this point even when it will be updated in the future. Changes made within the cancel period aren't the best outcome but maybe things will slow down and a clearly policy will emerge moving forward. Hopefully one that puts this thing behind us.

46 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

My point is that many vaccinated can be carriers. Even if 100% are vaccinated and a few bring it onto the ship....some of them or the people around them will still get mildly sick and cause the ship to shutdown.

The whole ship would freak out quickly!

If everyone is tested prior to boarding that lessens the chances.

No it doesn’t. Not by a long shot. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I have a B5B booked for next Mar-May. My first 3 are out of Sydney, so I’m not real hopeful that Australia will open their border by Mar. I may only end up with Hawaii leg, and I will go.

I am vaccinated, travel solo, and do my own thing most of the time anyway. Not interested in hanging out with a crowd or strangers, so I bring hobbies and activities to keep me busy. So, yes, I will cruise with the unvaxxed. Doesn’t bother me in the least.

Curious on your b5b itinerary. I've always wanted to do a long stretch on the sea.

34 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Everyone on board will be treated as unvaccinated. Masks, distancing, controlled access. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Next time you have a thought, keep it to yourself rather than posting on public forum.

No need to reply.

I'll post where I want and expect that anyone reading my post will understand simple requests like....

No need to quote it and tell me why I'm wrong or that I need to look at doing something else.

Thanks anyways.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cindivan said:

The CDC says the entire ship will be treated as unvaccinated, RCL has no say in it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Everyone on board will be treated as unvaccinated. Masks, distancing, controlled access. 

I would cruise anyway, but my DH will probably cancel us on Monday. Doggone!

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I don't think this is correct. I think they have two types of staus for cruisers. Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated. Then offer a 'status upgrade' at free of charge when you upload a vaccine record.  

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

35 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Depends. If CSO is relaxed so that on-board or on-shore cases won't require the itinerary to be cancelled, yes. If the guidance that a small percent of the PAX population causes trip to terminate and under quarantine remains, then yes. If really depends how CSO guidance changes.

Come to think I think, I probably confused Royal communication with CSO. What If My Cruise Returns Early Due to Confirmed Cases Onboard? | Royal Caribbean Cruises but I know I'm not taking crazy pills. I saw it written either on Royal a news article or somewhere about positives above certain threshold results in early termination of the trip.

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't think this is correct. I think they have two types of staus for cruisers. Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated. Then offer a 'status upgrade' at free of charge when you upload a vaccine record.  To allow one to 'upgrade' to a vaccinated status by offering. 

I thought they were not allowed to ask about proof of vaccine.

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't think this is correct. I think they have two types of staus for cruisers. Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated. Then offer a 'status upgrade' at free of charge when you upload a vaccine record.  To allow one to 'upgrade' to a vaccinated status by offering. 

The CSO as is currently registered does not allow for this distinction. 
There are only vaccinated (verified) and unvaccinated; in the absence of achieving a 95% verified vaccinated state, the entire ship is viewed as unvaccinated. 

• Like 4