All-inclusive resort recommendations

2021 cruise got cancelled and rescheduled for 2022 but I NEED a vacation THIS year. Are there any all-inclusive resorts in Florida anyone could suggest? I found Club Med Sandpiper Bay, but the reviews weren't too good and they claim they require masks indoors even if you're vaccinated.

Does it have to be AI? 🤔  Margaritaville in Hollywood gets good reviews but is not AI

If you want AI you will need to look at Mexico or the DR, etc.

Posted (edited)

Not an all-inclusive, and definitely not cheap, but the Ritz Carltons (there are quite of few of them in Florida) have a Club Level that includes food and drink.  The description of the Club Level in Fort Lauderdale includes:

• Five food presentations daily, including breakfast, lunch, mid-day snacks, hors d’oeuvres, and hand-crafted desserts. 

The Club Lounge offers continuous culinary offerings throughout the day.

American Breakfast, 7:30 am – 11:00 am
    Lunch, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
    Afternoon Snacks, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
    Hors d’oeuvres & Cocktails, 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
    Desserts & Cordials, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm

• Fine selections of wines, liqueurs, beers, spirits and non-alcoholic beverages.

• Dedicated Concierge and business center services.
  • Sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterways.

We've stayed on the Club Level in the St. Thomas Ritz Carlton years ago and it was very memorable.

Edited by capriccio

Some Ritzs have Club levels, not all. And yes, they are very nice. And not cheap...our favorite, which I have booked for our upcoming anniversary, is $1500/night for the basic Club level room.

16 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Some Ritzs have Club levels, not all. And yes, they are very nice. And not cheap...our favorite, which I have booked for our upcoming anniversary, is $1500/night for the basic Club level room.

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!  Our stay was for our 35th anniversary and to celebrate the end of college tuition payments (our son had graduated the day before).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Our stay was for our 35th anniversary and to celebrate the end of college tuition payments (our son had graduated the day before).  

Two excellent reasons to celebrate!!

On 6/6/2021 at 7:35 AM, CruiserBruce said:

There aren't many true AIs in the US. Likely they will be expensive, or not a true AI.

As @JohninDC said, I would be looking out of the US.

I looked into Sandals and Beaches, but they require masks at all their locations regardless of vaccination status.

1 hour ago, Sizzlechest said:

I looked into Sandals and Beaches, but they require masks at all their locations regardless of vaccination status.

That is the time we live in. I stayed in  faux all inclusive in Utah in April. You had to wear masks inside. Just the way it is.

12 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Look at Cancun, PDC and the Mayan Riviera parts of Mexico - lots of AI resorts and things are opening up for those who have been vaccinated. 

10 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I'd just find a really nice beach resort in FL, or even great pool resorts in Orlando.

4 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

I like turtles.

So go to Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park, which ironically is at Port Everglades. Chose any nice resort in Fort Lauderdale Beach. If you want a "fake" AI, go to the Homewood Suites, which has breakfast and a complimentary Evening Social. Ditto for the Embassy Suites.

OP - if you like turtles, stay in The Bungalows in Key Largo as recommended or any other hotel in the Keys and make sure you visit The Turtle Hospital, Rescue, Rehab and  Release in Marathon halfway down the Keys (https://www.turtlehospital.org/.  If you stay anywhere near Boca Raton (southern Palm Beach County, northern Broward County) visit the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center that includes a Sea Turtle Rehab Facility (https://www.gumbolimbo.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main).  They do amazing work.

• Like 1