Jump to content

Drone video of the Mardi Gras


Recommended Posts

What an awesome video,  I cant believe how much I miss watching the sail away web cams !   I am even watching old YouTube video's of cruises.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This was awesome!  So there are two pool areas on the back of the ship with what look like Infinity pools right up against the railing!  Is one of those the private Loft area or are they both open to all passengers?  
 

Wow,  the Havana pool area is underwhelming if it’s just that side deck area! 😳

 

I need to whip out my deck plans for this video tour! 😄

Edited by Circlt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Circlt said:

This was awesome!  So there are two pool areas on the back of the ship with what look like Infinity pools right up against the railing!  Is one of those the private Loft area or are they both open to all passengers?  
 

Wow,  the Haven area is underwhelming if it’s just that side deck area! 😳

 

I need to whip out my deck plans for this video tour! 😄

Havana Cabana area, but get your point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched some of the footage, but could not endure their discussion (how it started out at least). Did they receive permission to fly a drone at the port?

 

I had looked it up a few days ago and it was listed as a definite no no.

 

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I watched some of the footage, but could not endure their discussion (how it started out at least). Did they receive permission to fly a drone at the port?

 

I had looked it up a few days ago and it was listed as a definite no no.

 

Tom

I have my doubts (as to the permission).  They talk to it somewhat in the beginning.  I turned off the audio and just watched.    

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I fixed it!  Need coffee!  If  both of those aft deck pool areas are public areas, Marci Gras cruisers have nothing to complain about, they look HUGE and AMAZING!  Can’t wait to see her sister ship and how she differs from MG. 🥰

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

That was awesome Jimbo! Thanks for sharing. That two deck Red Frog rum bar is calling my name! 🍺😎

Lol, yours and mine both!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have my doubts (as to the permission).  

They talk to it somewhat in the beginning.  

I turned off the audio and just watched.    

 

^ Likewise.

 

So much audio these days

is either a padding of un-necesary blather

 

or horribly-unsuitable background music that is often too loud(foreground!).

I quickly skipped past all the human stuff in the car,

and  got to the meat of the matter.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

That was a great video. It was funny to see them talking about making it in the beginning. I like how everyday individuals can  now offer us views most aren’t able to easily see. Thanks for posting.

Edited by bamaone
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

 

^ Likewise.

 

So much audio these days

is either a padding of un-necesary blather

 

or horribly-unsuitable background music that is often too loud(foreground!).

I quickly skipped past all the human stuff in the car,

and  got to the meat of the matter.

It was giving me a headache

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Circlt said:

This was awesome!  So there are two pool areas on the back of the ship with what look like Infinity pools right up against the railing!  Is one of those the private Loft area or are they both open to all passengers?  
 

Wow,  the Havana pool area is underwhelming if it’s just that side deck area! 😳

 

I need to whip out my deck plans for this video tour! 😄

The Havana pool is just on the side, quite small compared to Horizon fI r sure.

the two aft pools are for all, looking forward to being on board so much!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing. And finally, finally confirmed what I suspected but could never get an answer other than the deck plans are just drawn but not accurate. The cabins on the mid ship hump have very deep balconies.

We booked one about 5 months ago for the October 16th cruise. Got it before all the dramatic price increases and now lack of availability. 
Hella happy!!!

Thanks again!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2021 at 9:50 AM, Circlt said:

This was awesome!  So there are two pool areas on the back of the ship with what look like Infinity pools right up against the railing!  Is one of those the private Loft area or are they both open to all passengers?  
 

Wow,  the Havana pool area is underwhelming if it’s just that side deck area! 😳

 

I need to whip out my deck plans for this video tour! 😄

The lower pool was the public access one called Summerlanding.  The one up top, I believe this is the Loft 19 area for suite members.  Cabanas in that area are available for rent and would be a good way to burn through some of the 600 in OBC that some cruisers have received.

The Serenity area at the top bow of the ship is awesome and inside picture renderings I've seen shows that Carnival has stepped up it's game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The lower pool was the public access one called Summerlanding.  The one up top, I believe this is the Loft 19 area for suite members.  Cabanas in that area are available for rent and would be a good way to burn through some of the 600 in OBC that some cruisers have received.

The Serenity area at the top bow of the ship is awesome and inside picture renderings I've seen shows that Carnival has stepped up it's game.

Plus, the entrance for the slides and the splash pool are no where near The Serenity. I agree...seems well thought out on this one 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is great.  I got a kick out of the dialog and the music too.  I wonder why Carnival doesn't get some video production people to make video tours of the ship? or at least some vloggers and travel agents?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The lower pool was the public access one called Summerlanding.  The one up top, I believe this is the Loft 19 area for suite members.  Cabanas in that area are available for rent and would be a good way to burn through some of the 600 in OBC that some cruisers have received.

The Serenity area at the top bow of the ship is awesome and inside picture renderings I've seen shows that Carnival has stepped up it's game.

 

The upper aft pool is the Tides pool and is also public.  The Loft 19 area is the small deck above Serenity with the square pool.  You can see the rental cabanas facing out on the sides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...