What are the best dishes in the main dining room.

misguy

22 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

The Indian food you gotta special request. 

They give you enough to share, way more than I can eat, but so good.

I like the fruit cold soups. Shrimp cocktail, lobster, duck

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

The Indian food you gotta special request. 

I should clarify. There’s a vegetarian Indian option always on the menu, the special requested one is with meat. Changes daily. Once you request it, it’s usually there every meal you’re in the MDR. 

• Like 1

prime rib, breakfast steak, Indian food, ribs.  the lobster and shrimp cocktail are really disappointing if you're hoping for food like you'd get at a decent seafood restaurant on land.  the quality of chicken and beef in general is low-source-provider stuff.  Not inedible, but after two dinners of MDR you'll be desperate for one of the pay-restaurants if you're a foodie even a little bit.  The steakhouse is worth every penny, delivering top quality steaks, large lobster and other chef-inspired gourmet dishes that would cost north of $75 in fine dining restaurants on land (the $38 fee includes appetizer, entree and dessert)

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Any of the cold fruit "soups" (tastes like a milk shake!), recently they brought back my favorite entree, Beef Wellington, and (you could probably tell from my "handle") chocolate melting cake!

I usually ask for the cold soups in a glass so I can drink it like a shake! Ha! 

I’m looking forward to the oatmeal. Or the pre meal warm bread. 
Basically what I’m saying is anything that proves I’m on a ship in the middle of the ocean again.

As for a serious response, I always order the shrimp cocktail with every single dinner, even if I’m ordering two or three other starters.

And the flat iron steak. Every dinner no matter what else I ordered for  the main course.

And last but not least, ice cream for desert.

Across the board I say, meaning all three flavors.With usually a second round of it. Even as I’m ordering other desert items which change nightly.

In Fact, between all the ice cream I eat at dinner combined with the three or 4 cones of soft serve daily I’m surprised I’m not diabetic or dead!! Lol (that’s what the ships gym is for though. Burn all that sugar off)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amcankid said:

I’m looking forward to the oatmeal. Or the pre meal warm bread. 
Basically what I’m saying is anything that proves I’m on a ship in the middle of the ocean again.

As for a serious response, I always order the shrimp cocktail with every single dinner, even if I’m ordering two or three other starters.

And the flat iron steak. Every dinner no matter what else I ordered for  the main course.

And last but not least, ice cream for desert.

Across the board I say, meaning all three flavors.With usually a second round of it. Even as I’m ordering other desert items which change nightly.

In Fact, between all the ice cream I eat at dinner combined with the three or 4 cones of soft serve daily I’m surprised I’m not diabetic or dead!! Lol (that’s what the ships gym is for though. Burn all that sugar off)

Dude or ma’am, the children’s dessert banana split is amazing! Have you tried it? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

Dude or ma’am, the children’s dessert banana split is amazing! Have you tried it? 

It’s Mr. Dude to you please. Lol

And I’m glad you brought that up. The banana splits are on the kids menu only, but anyone can order it.

And yes, I’ve had it. But still ordered my ice cream across the board in addition!

Edited by amcankid
Left a word out
  • Haha 1

When I sailed on Magic back in 1842...nah, it was September 2019...nothing in the MDR was disappointing.  I think one pork chop was just 'good, not great', but that's it.  Some dishes, like the Taste of the Caribbean were spectacular.

Remember, if you don't like something, just try something else.

Appetizers: Chilled Strawberry or Peach Bisque, Spaghetti Carbonara, Prosciutto & Melon, Stuffed Mushrooms

Main: Sweet & Sour Shrimp, Lobster, Beef Tenderloin or Filet Mignon (From the Grill)

Sides: Mac & Cheese with bacon

Dessert: Melting Chocolate Cake (with extra ice cream), Cheese Plate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mar214 said:

I've experienced major withdrawal from missing out on stuffed mushrooms, beef Wellington and my all time favorite BITTER AND BLANC. Lamb chops in the steakhouse are also amazing.

YES! The Wellington is hard to find unless you go on an 8 day. I love it as well as the Bitter and blanc. YUM!!!

3 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

I usually ask for the cold soups in a glass so I can drink it like a shake! Ha! 

Maybe we should make that the standard for all soups. I'm messing around with a spoon. Just pour it down my throat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

YES! The Wellington is hard to find unless you go on an 8 day. I love it as well as the Bitter and blanc. YUM!!!

I'll get to that 8 day one of these years. It was supposed to be last year and this year...now maybe next year. Well technically that march 2020 panorama got an 8th day. They didn't give us wellingtons though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I'll get to that 8 day one of these years. It was supposed to be last year and this year...now maybe next year. Well technically that march 2020 panorama got an 8th day. They didn't give us wellingtons though.

The struggle…bless your heart! You will get there. 
there’s a cold cherry soup on that menu that is amazing too. 

• Like 1