Jump to content

Vaccine Required! For July in Galveston


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


...
I think it's ridiculous that children have to wear masks, but certainly parents can have their children follow simple rules.

 

That of course assumes they have responsible parents (that's an entirely different story/thread)!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

The problem with that is the CSO also can go away if the HHS Sec does not extend or removes the public health emergency so they either made a mistake in writing the legislation or that the point is irrelevant.

They didn't make a mistake.  The legislation was likely written specifically that way in order to insure its rapid and unanimous consent.  It hardly would have been successfully passed and signed without compliance with federal law required.  Yes, the CSO could go away on its own at some point, probably by the Fall, but as we all know, that is too late in the game for Alaska cruising.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If the August protocols do not allow your granddaughter to go, you will be able to get a full refund since you have not reached final payment yet.  This was stated in the August sailings form letter that you should have received via email and which was copied on the boards on one of the threads.

You can also see it stated online if you go to carnival.com, click on "canceled cruises" and then enter your cruise details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

They didn't make a mistake.  The legislation was likely written specifically that way in order to insure its rapid and unanimous consent.  It hardly would have been successfully passed and signed without compliance with federal law required.  Yes, the CSO could go away on its own at some point, probably by the Fall, but as we all know, that is too late in the game for Alaska cruising.  

Then it would mean the motion from the CDC is flawed since the HHS secretary could remove the emergency declaration today or not renew it on July 19th and if that happens the CSO goes away.

Edited by regoodwinjr
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

It is unfortunate that Carnival is no longer a 'family' cruise line. 

They still are and always will be.  For the month of July they will be making adjustments.   If you don't like these short term adjustments,  cancel, get a refund and cruise on Royal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Just wish they would update their Health Protocols page as well as posting a news release on their Corporate website.  Not everyone reads the news releases on the Carnival Corp site.

Ugh, that was my next question.... I want to know about shore excursions and the option to self explore ports!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bdever said:

Ugh, that was my next question.... I want to know about shore excursions and the option to self explore ports!


Us too.  We haven't booked any excursions and usually have them all booked before we cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

Trying to be optimistic, but it seems that doing everything to include families would be going the test sailing route like RCCL. That way they wouldn't exclude children. If this sticks, I bet they lose at least some loyal customers. I know they make money on drunk party animals, but they also make a ton from families. 

You're beating a dead horse.  This is a short term policy on a few ships and regular protocols will he back in force when the beards think it's right.  Once again, if you don't like the short term policy, speak with your wallet and cruise on Royal or go to one of hundreds of family oriented all inclusives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


I don't know about that.  My four year old grandson wore a mask every day to school until they finally did away with the mandate.  If anyone can't handle having their child wear a mask, then they should probably just stay home.

I think it's ridiculous that children have to wear masks, but certainly parents can have their children follow simple rules.

I get what you are saying but having had a 2-3 year old through this misery, and yes a 2 year old according to US authorities must be masked, negotiating wearing a mask with a 2 year old is a feat worthy of a major award. I wasn't able to get her to wear a mask until after 3 when her reasoning capacity had matured enough and it is still one of those constant reminder things.

 

The World Health Organization actually DO NOT advise masks for 5 and under. Their reasoning "Children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear masks. This is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance." The simple fact is that little kids fiddle with their masks constantly. They touch it, lift it up, take it off, put it back on, etc constantly which totally negates it's purpose. I saw an adorable little boy masked up at the grocery stick his finger under his mask and pick his nose. Yeah, that mask is doing so much good there. 

 

Edited by fatcat04
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You're beating a dead horse.  This is a short term policy on a few ships and regular protocols will he back in force when the beards think it's right.  Once again, if you don't like the short term policy, speak with your wallet and cruise on Royal or go to one of hundreds of family oriented all inclusives.

So, simply because I don't like that families with young children aren't allowed to sail with Carnival I have to go to a different cruise line. Get outta here! News flash not everybody has to have the same opinion as you do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

I get what you are saying but having had a 2-3 year old through this misery, and yes a 2 year old according to US authorities must be masked, negotiating wearing a mask with a 2 year old is a feat worthy of a major award. I wasn't able to get her to wear a mask until after 3 when her reasoning capacity had matured enough and it is still one of those constant reminder things.

 

The World Health Organization actually DO NOT advise masks for 5 and under. Their reasoning "Children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear masks. This is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance." The simple fact is that little kids fiddle with their masks constantly. They touch it, lift it up, take it off, put it back on, etc constantly which totally negates it's purpose. I saw an adorable little boy masked up at the grocery stick his finger under his mask and pick his nose. Yeah, that mask is doing so much good there. 

 


I have seen adults, time after time, fiddle with their masks constantly.  Lifting them up, taking them off, etc.  This isn't just something children do, which is why the entire mask mandate was ridiculous to start with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


I might have to put on a mask just so people will stay 6 feet away while I am lounging on the pool deck.😅

Make sure there's a hole in it for your straw that is residing in a Kiss On The Lips. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Make sure there's a hole in it for your straw that is residing in a Kiss On The Lips. 


Of course!  What good is lounging on the pool deck without a tasty drink?

Edited by TNcruising02
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

 

That of course assumes they have responsible parents (that's an entirely different story/thread)!!

Tom, are you implying that sometimes parents take a vacation from their parental responsibilities while they are on vacation?  That can't be true. 😉😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

So, simply because I don't like that families with young children aren't allowed to sail with Carnival I have to go to a different cruise line. Get outta here! News flash not everybody has to have the same opinion as you do. 

We don't make the rules. We just play the game.  Do you currently have a July cruise booked on Carnival that you now have to cancel or are you just stirring the pot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

We don't make the rules. We just play the game.  Do you currently have a July cruise booked on Carnival that you now have to cancel or are you just stirring the pot?

I have several cruises booked between now and October out of several different ports, for both me any my clients... Nearly all of which have been rescheduled to these dates. Thank you for your assumption.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On Topic I have to say this, I have no, absolutly no symothy for any person who can not sail on carnival becuse they are so selfish that they want to endanger everybody by not getting there vaccine. I also don't feel sorry for the parents who booked there kids on the ship, this is a pandimic, and you want to put your kids at risk? If any memeber of your unvacinated party gets covid everybody linked would get put off the ship at the first port, and have to get home on your own. The ones I feel sorry for are the people who ligitmly can not get the vaccine, and the children that will be disapointed they can not go.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

I have several cruises booked between now and October out of several different ports, for both me any my clients... Nearly all of which have been rescheduled to these dates. Thank you for your assumption.

Your true colors have come out.  You're a TA who might be losing commissions.  Guess you'll have to make adjustments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

A correct and courageous decision. Congratulations!

Totally agree. Kudos to Carnival for making a difficult but correct decision, under the circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If all 12 and older are vaccinated it seems to me that there is no reason to refuse under 12 or make them mask up.

 

The data clearly shows that the young rarely suffer severe consequences from covid-19. And since the chances of infecting a vaccinated adult is incredibly low a breakout should not be a concern. Obviously parents concerned with serious outcomes should avoid cruising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tm_aw_love said:

So, simply because I don't like that families with young children aren't allowed to sail with Carnival I have to go to a different cruise line. Get outta here! News flash not everybody has to have the same opinion as you do. 

 

Exactly! This from the same guy who said he would "get loud" if he weren't allowed to board the ship before paying FTTF passengers. I wasn't allowed to have an opinion on the Havana area either and was told "to get over it" as well. I guess our opinions (though I do agree with him in this particular instance) are "wrong"..lol. I feel your frustration as a parent with both fully vaccinated and also ineligible kids. Hope your family sails soon!   

Edited by cruisingguy007
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, broberts said:

If all 12 and older are vaccinated it seems to me that there is no reason to refuse under 12 or make them mask up.

 

The data clearly shows that the young rarely suffer severe consequences from covid-19. And since the chances of infecting a vaccinated adult is incredibly low a breakout should not be a concern. Obviously parents concerned with serious outcomes should avoid cruising.

Consider two distinct possibilities

a) a child tests positive at embarkation - obviously they will be denied boarding and at least one parent - maybe the whole family since they would have been in close contact.

 

b) the child tests positive after the cruise begins - it  is possible - the child is put in isolation and the rest of the family is quarantined. The cruise may well be terminated.

 

On unvaxed cruises Camp Ocean will likely have to be closed. Carnival can't risk a superspreader event.

 

The child will probably have a lifelong stigma leading to who knows what kind of tragedies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Semantics, but most people would take this to the level of children obviously. People should be a little more precise for the forum police.

My point was more about the comment.  Temporarily having to change business model in order to save their business doesn't mean they have abandoned forever their key clientele.  They are still a cruise line that caters to families and will return to that the moment they are allowed to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...