elecric chairs

Posted (edited)

So I have hit that age but still want to cruise can we rent a chair and where? Too much for me to walk with my rollator but I still want to see!

TY

admit I cannot spell lol

Edited by Reader0108598

A couple outfits will deliver them to the ship, terminal, hotel, home, or stateroom.

Good article here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/articles.cfm?ID=3659

We have our own and can't vouch for either concern.  We bought it used from a rental firm for just a bit over half price.  Rental fees for 4 weeks of cruising would pay for that.

• Like 1

Ft Lauderdale scoots around

and 
same for San Diego

my grind has used both 

they drop off & pick up in your cabinets 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you decide to purchase, be sure to check cabin door measurements to be sure your "chair" will fit.

Also, if you don't already know, the chair must be stored in the cabin.

Thank you worked at a Hospital for years I get it! just would like to cruise again!

59 minutes ago, Papa Yoda said:

A couple outfits will deliver them to the ship, terminal, hotel, home, or stateroom.

Good article here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/articles.cfm?ID=3659

We have our own and can't vouch for either concern.  We bought it used from a rental firm for just a bit over half price.  Rental fees for 4 weeks of cruising would pay for that.

Thank you!!!

Do you use one at home? The reason I’m asking is that there is quite the learning curve to master operation.  All control is handled by a joystick on the left or right arm.  A crowded cruise ship might not be the best place to first try a motorized wheelchair. The disabled forum may have some ideas and advice.

• Like 1

A small scooter would be fine. We own them. Only 500.00 on Walgreens online store. They deliver to the store for free and a doctors note will get you out of paying tax. They are narrow and will fit through a 22 inch door frame if you cannot get an accessible cabin. They never have enough of those. The rentals are expensive so it is financially prudent to buy. You would have it to use at home and for such trips as Disney etc. Also you would be comfortable and familiar with your own unit.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

Papa yoda TY!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gmjc2 said:

TY gmjc2

19 hours ago, RonPaula said:

Do you use one at home? The reason I’m asking is that there is quite the learning curve to master operation.  All control is handled by a joystick on the left or right arm.  A crowded cruise ship might not be the best place to first try a motorized wheelchair. The disabled forum may have some ideas and advice.

No on a rollator but worked in public health care for 24 years have driven many when needed. When your patient is having a bad day and you don't want him to get hurt you drive!

Edited by Reader0108598

We have a Go-Go Pride Elite Traveler 4 wheel Scooter.  It fits through all cabin doors (with armrests off it is 21" and a skirmth wide).  It will fit in the typical Princess cabin closet - this and the 3 wheel version are the most popular rentals I've seen.

image.png.c95d82f7b5238f4a00d5755579f6c5dc.png

I think electric wheelchairs may be too wide for standard cabin doors.

For the record: I've never, ever let DW drag 3 suitcases behind it into and out of cruise terminals, and I've never ridden standing on the back of it down ship gangways.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 9:15 AM, Reader0108598 said:

So I have hit that age but still want to cruise can we rent a chair and where? Too much for me to walk with my rollator but I still want to see!

Have you considered a Segway? 

(Stop it! It's a joke!)

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:43 AM, memoak said:

I was afraid you were talking about capital punishment 

Several years ago someone was asking about cruise executions instead of excursions :classic_ohmy:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

For the record: I've never, ever let DW drag 3 suitcases behind it into and out of cruise terminals, and I've never ridden standing on the back of it down ship gangways.

Uh huh.  So that was you!   😄😄😄

• Haha 1

Getting a scooter through your cabin door is 10% of the problem.  Where you will park it once inside is the other 90% of the problem.  Unless a ship specifically has a program for storing and charging scooters (rare) you must store and charge it in your stateroom.  It cannot be left in the hall, at the elevators, or in any other common area.  

A couple of years ago, on the Cunard board, a passenger booked a "regular" cabin and brought an undeclared scooter on board.  She then posted a long dissertation on the difficulties she had in moving about her cabin and how messy it was to try to fold it.  

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 12:43 PM, memoak said:

I was afraid you were talking about capital punishment 

I thought it was going to be a thread about people caught boarding with a fake vaccination card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2021 at 12:58 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have to admit...the title of this thread caused me to do a doubletake!

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

Several years ago someone was asking about cruise executions instead of excursions :classic_ohmy:

I’m waiting for Sister Helen to post.😇

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s see,

people who cut the buffet line ———-Yes

kids playing on the elevator————Yes

parents who allow the children to play on the elevators——-YES

Those who make full use of the beverage package——-No

balcony smokers———-Yes

people who complain about smokers in the smoking area———-Yes

people wearing their robe around all day——Yes

Chair hogs——-yes

and as the old joke goes about lawyers at the bottom of the ocean——a good start.   😀

30 minutes ago, dadroy said:

Let’s see,

people who cut the buffet line ———-Yes

kids playing on the elevator————Yes

parents who allow the children to play on the elevators——-YES

Those who make full use of the beverage package——-No

balcony smokers———-Yes

people who complain about smokers in the smoking area———-Yes

people wearing their robe around all day——Yes

Chair hogs——-yes

and as the old joke goes about lawyers at the bottom of the ocean——a good start.   😀

Did you post this in the wrong thread?