RCI Refunds for Covid Restrictions

Not sure if any else feels the same but both my wife and I have been vaccinated for covid. I don't want to cruise if we are going to have to wear mask or social distance. I didn't agree to any restrictions when we booked the cruise & If restrictions are still in effect for our

December cruise I would like the option to have a refund to book with another cruise line. Not going to be held hostage by RCI.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Conversely, unvaccinated Paxs should be able to cancel/no penalties and given refunds and no FCCs, if RCL requires vaccines.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Conversely, unvaccinated Paxs should be able to cancel/no penalties and given refunds and no FCCs, if RCL requires vaccines. I agree with you.

8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Conversely, unvaccinated Paxs should be able to cancel/no penalties and given refunds and no FCCs, if RCL requires vaccines.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

All indications are that those who are vaccinated CAN go about normal business w/o masks or social distancing.

Edited by B113
cancel

16 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Agreed as again its them changing the TC that the cruise was booked under

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

All indications are that those who are vaccinated CAN go about normal business w/o masks or social distancing.

How about if you had COVID, recovered, and have the antibodies?  You are just as protected as the person who got the jab, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

How about if you had COVID, recovered, and have the antibodies?  You are just as protected as the person who got the jab, right?

I have had covid plus I have also been vaccinated.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

While that is true in everyday life, that has not been determined with any certainty for US cruises. RCI has not issued protocols for cruises leaving the US.  If not fully vaccinated, masks and other health protocols may apply to all passengers on those cruises (vaccinated and unvaccinated) unless the cruise line determines there is some way to differentiate and manage protocols easily between the two.  

• Like 1

It is really unclear what the protocols will be on these ships. Before cancelling I would ask Royal if they can send you an email outlining what they anticipate the protocols being and ask for their most conservative assumptions... knowing that they can get better. You might also ask if you could apply your deposit to a Celebrity cruise... that is not part of the plan..but since they are in the same family...it would be worth a shot. Check with your travel insurance... you never know perhaps they would cover your deposit because of protocol changes...worth asking even if it is a long shot.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I wonder how many non vaccinated  people will claim they were vaccinated  so they are not restricted 

Just now, Tony O said:

I wonder how many non vaccinated  people will claim they were vaccinated  so they are not restricted 

You can't just "claim" you're vaccinated, you'll have to prove it if you want to enjoy the perks of being vaccinated on board.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

You can't just "claim" you're vaccinated, you'll have to prove it if you want to enjoy the perks of being vaccinated on board.

As of now if you sail out of Florida  the governor signed executive  order saying you can't  be required  to show proof  of vaccinaction. 

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

In Florida the cruise lines are not allowed to ask for proof.  

51 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

No, that is not the case. You should speak with your physician but the current recommendation is for vaccination. 

5 minutes ago, Tony O said:

As of now if you sail out of Florida  the governor signed executive  order saying you can't  be required  to show proof  of vaccinaction. 

NCL and Celebrity are requiring it.

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

In Florida the cruise lines are not allowed to ask for proof.  

They're not allowed to REQUIRE proof to sail, but they can certainly ask for it.

Plus that won't matter, in the end the FL vaccine passport ban won't apply to cruise lines.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They're not allowed to REQUIRE proof to sail, but they can certainly ask for it.

Plus that won't matter, in the end the FL vaccine passport ban won't apply to cruise lines.

In reading  today online at a popular  blog site the State is going back to court on Thursday  to fight the CDC and their  Sail Order

8 hours ago, B113 said:

Not sure if any else feels the same but both my wife and I have been vaccinated for covid. I don't want to cruise if we are going to have to wear mask or social distance. I didn't agree to any restrictions when we booked the cruise & If restrictions are still in effect for our

December cruise I would like the option to have a refund to book with another cruise line. Not going to be held hostage by RCI.

You have until final payment to decide if you are cruising.  My guess is that there won't be any restrictions in December, but you actually agreed to abide by whatever rules they have on the ship even if they changed from booking.  Read the contract.  

Frankly I don't expect much in the way of restrictions in August but around here we still have a few places with weird restrictions - indoor city pool with reservations, national park with timed entry, Manitou Springs with outdoor mask requirement.  CDC still requires masks on airplanes despite zero evidence of transmission on that type of carrier.  

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

How does Royal plan to identify those who are vaccinated? Any word yet?

10 hours ago, B113 said:

I think it will be sorted out by December. (fingers crossed). Because we are cruising then as well. Of course I have been saying that for 15 months. But I think things are finally looking up, and I believe the restrictions will be gone by then. :classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think it will be sorted out by December. (fingers crossed). Because we are cruising then as well. Of course I have been saying that for 15 months. But I think things are finally looking up, and I believe the restrictions will be gone by then. :classic_biggrin:

I am with Coralc, we cancelled everything we had and got the money back. We figured to book for Jan.2022 and by final payment(Nov.) we would make the decision whether to go or not, based on the protocols in place.

If sailing starts with acceptable protocols sooner....we can try a last minute booking if possible out of Galveston or Tampa.

We will not sail with masks or "distancing" , etc......

We are both have had covid and been vaccinated. Vaccinated because we chose to and would have sailed with non vax even before and still would. We have lived in an "unprotocoled" world for many months now and won't go back. It's over, get a grip...an airplane engine could fall on your head tomorrow too......

Edited by L454S
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

How does Royal plan to identify those who are vaccinated? Any word yet?

They will be the ones that don’t get Covid.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Bad information there.