RCCL won't accept refund request yet

jsf

My T/A says she can't get thru to rep about refunding my cancelled cruise, mostly because so many pax want refunds. She said it could take several days to get a hold of them (SNAFU).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsf said:

My T/A says she can't get thru to rep about refunding my cancelled cruise, mostly because so many pax want refunds. She said it could take several days to get a hold of them (SNAFU).

you should have gotten an email.  Wouldn’t it include a link to request refund?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BSocial said:

you should have gotten an email.  Wouldn’t it include a link to request refund?

If you book thru T/A they have to handle all transactions

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jsf said:

I have one canceled (ship swap) that I booked with a TA.  TA sent me the Royal email yesterday.  The email from Royal included a link if I want to request a refund.  

did your TA forward Royal’s notification email  to you?

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jsf said:

We booked through a TA last year and when our cruise got cancelled, we got an e-mail from the cruise line with a link to click on to take the full refund.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jsf said:

My TA told me he can't get through to RCL because of the cancelled cruises and that they are the only line serving families. As a result their agents are very busy w/ L & S, canceling old cruises and booking new cruises. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

My TA told me he can't get through to RCL because of the cancelled cruises and that they are the only line serving families. As a result their agents are very busy w/ L & S, canceling old cruises and booking new cruises. 

Agents can generally L&S, cancel, apply FCCs, etc. on Cruising Power (the RCCL travel agent site).

I beginning to think they aren’t even answering phones or even processing anything, They canceled our B2B cruises on the Freedom out of New Jersey by just putting a little oh your cruise is canceled on the page where it listed on where u manage It . No email no nothing. I tried yesterday sat on hold for 2 hours and nothing, have sent emails to 2 different sources and no response. So just going to do something else for August. I assume eventually they will refund my money who knows. 

1 hour ago, frito58 said:

I beginning to think they aren’t even answering phones or even processing anything, They canceled our B2B cruises on the Freedom out of New Jersey by just putting a little oh your cruise is canceled on the page where it listed on where u manage It . No email no nothing. I tried yesterday sat on hold for 2 hours and nothing, have sent emails to 2 different sources and no response. So just going to do something else for August. I assume eventually they will refund my money who knows. 

If they cancelled the default is to issue a fcc. You only have a certain window to request a refund, then you get a fcc. Port fees and planner will be refunded but if you want a refund for cruisefare you need the link or call. 

I read lots are calling to complain about unvaccinated cruises. Demanding refunds.

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If they cancelled the default is to issue a fcc. You only have a certain window to request a refund, then you get a fcc. Port fees and planner will be refunded but if you want a refund for cruisefare you need the link or call. 

The link is on RCL's website under the "Manage my Cruise" tab (click on the "how to cancel your cruise" blue text in the "Worry Free Cancellations" box):

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

39 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So OP"s TA is lying? 

That is not what I am implying.  Perhaps the agent is just not aware of all the features on Cruising Power.  Honestly, it is a well designed tool that Royal keeps adding to.  Checking on and applying CCs and generating a L&S  are features that were added.

For our Indy cruise that was cancelled from MIA and moved to FLL on Odyssey there was no link to cancel in the email. This is the relevant section:

If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by June 18th, 2021. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by June 18th, 2021, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Odyssey of the Seas sailing. Should you decide to cancel after our moves are complete, you will continue to be covered by our Cruise with Confidence policy.

Based on the above I'd be hesitant to cancel using the CWC cancellation link from the Royal main page as that would generate a FCC as opposed to a full refund.

We had 2 cruises cancelled by the latest cancellation event.  We got only one email which did have the link.  We requested the refund for that cruise and then it asked us if we had any additional refund requests.  We added the 2nd booking # and took care of that also.  We have since received emails showing the Cruise planner refunds for each of those cruises.  I expect the actual cruise refunds may take a bit longer.

Edited by PigsCanFly

Cruisingpower js a snap to use. I do everything on it. Some TAs take their merry time doing it online or by phone. Last year was a different animal but not now.

Edited by sugcarol

I cancelled our cruise for September last March.  I got an email saying I would get a future cruise certificate within 30 days.  After 30 days passed, I called and was told I would get a refund, not an FCC, within 30 to 45 days.  That was 92 days ago.  I called Royal today and got a message saying the hold time could be up to 60 minutes or more.  I've sent 3 or 4 emails and have gotten only one reply saying I had to contact Customer Service.  Hurry up and wait.  We still booked a cruise with them for January 2022 just because Royal offered a better deal than the other cruise lines.

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My Symphony July 24 was cancelled, I booked through TA. I did refund request, on my own, online the day the cancellation was announced. Took all of 3 minutes. 

Just seemed odd to me that a TA is telling him that he has n't been able to process a refund for him.  Sounded to me like an excuse.

11 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

That is not what I am implying.  Perhaps the agent is just not aware of all the features on Cruising Power.  Honestly, it is a well designed tool that Royal keeps adding to.  Checking on and applying CCs and generating a L&S  are features that were added.

Lift and shift now needs to be done via a rep.  The on line tool no longer works since the lift and shift is for cancelled cruises only. 

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Just seemed odd to me that a TA is telling him that he has n't been able to process a refund for him.  Sounded to me like an excuse.

The TA is obviously not willing to wait on hold for their  client. 

I’ve  talked  to Royal 5 times over the past 2 days and yes the hold times are long but I can still get other work done while listening to their spiel 9n CocoCay on speakerphone. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

sounds like a very weak excuse.  Our TA processed a refund for our 20 August cruise and we had confirmation from RCL in less than 24 hours.

• Like 1