Jump to content

RCCL won't accept refund request yet


Recommended Posts

My T/A says she can't get thru to rep about refunding my cancelled cruise, mostly because so many pax want refunds. She said it could take several days to get a hold of them (SNAFU).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsf said:

My T/A says she can't get thru to rep about refunding my cancelled cruise, mostly because so many pax want refunds. She said it could take several days to get a hold of them (SNAFU).


you should have gotten an email.  Wouldn’t it include a link to request refund?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BSocial said:


you should have gotten an email.  Wouldn’t it include a link to request refund?

If you book thru T/A they have to handle all transactions

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, jsf said:

If you book thru T/A they have to handle all transactions


I have one canceled (ship swap) that I booked with a TA.  TA sent me the Royal email yesterday.  The email from Royal included a link if I want to request a refund.  
 

did your TA forward Royal’s notification email  to you?

 

 

Edited by BSocial
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jsf said:

If you book thru T/A they have to handle all transactions

We booked through a TA last year and when our cruise got cancelled, we got an e-mail from the cruise line with a link to click on to take the full refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jsf said:

My T/A says she can't get thru to rep about refunding my cancelled cruise, mostly because so many pax want refunds. She said it could take several days to get a hold of them (SNAFU).

 

My TA told me he can't get through to RCL because of the cancelled cruises and that they are the only line serving families. As a result their agents are very busy w/ L & S, canceling old cruises and booking new cruises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

 

My TA told me he can't get through to RCL because of the cancelled cruises and that they are the only line serving families. As a result their agents are very busy w/ L & S, canceling old cruises and booking new cruises. 

 

Agents can generally L&S, cancel, apply FCCs, etc. on Cruising Power (the RCCL travel agent site).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I beginning to think they aren’t even answering phones or even processing anything, They canceled our B2B cruises on the Freedom out of New Jersey by just putting a little oh your cruise is canceled on the page where it listed on where u manage It . No email no nothing. I tried yesterday sat on hold for 2 hours and nothing, have sent emails to 2 different sources and no response. So just going to do something else for August. I assume eventually they will refund my money who knows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

 

Agents can generally L&S, cancel, apply FCCs, etc. on Cruising Power (the RCCL travel agent site).

So OP"s TA is lying? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frito58 said:

I beginning to think they aren’t even answering phones or even processing anything, They canceled our B2B cruises on the Freedom out of New Jersey by just putting a little oh your cruise is canceled on the page where it listed on where u manage It . No email no nothing. I tried yesterday sat on hold for 2 hours and nothing, have sent emails to 2 different sources and no response. So just going to do something else for August. I assume eventually they will refund my money who knows. 

If they cancelled the default is to issue a fcc. You only have a certain window to request a refund, then you get a fcc. Port fees and planner will be refunded but if you want a refund for cruisefare you need the link or call. 

 

I read lots are calling to complain about unvaccinated cruises. Demanding refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If they cancelled the default is to issue a fcc. You only have a certain window to request a refund, then you get a fcc. Port fees and planner will be refunded but if you want a refund for cruisefare you need the link or call. 

The link is on RCL's website under the "Manage my Cruise" tab (click on the "how to cancel your cruise" blue text in the "Worry Free Cancellations" box):

 

 

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So OP"s TA is lying? 

 

That is not what I am implying.  Perhaps the agent is just not aware of all the features on Cruising Power.  Honestly, it is a well designed tool that Royal keeps adding to.  Checking on and applying CCs and generating a L&S  are features that were added.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For our Indy cruise that was cancelled from MIA and moved to FLL on Odyssey there was no link to cancel in the email. This is the relevant section:

 

If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by June 18th, 2021. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by June 18th, 2021, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Odyssey of the Seas sailing. Should you decide to cancel after our moves are complete, you will continue to be covered by our Cruise with Confidence policy.

 

....

 

Based on the above I'd be hesitant to cancel using the CWC cancellation link from the Royal main page as that would generate a FCC as opposed to a full refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We had 2 cruises cancelled by the latest cancellation event.  We got only one email which did have the link.  We requested the refund for that cruise and then it asked us if we had any additional refund requests.  We added the 2nd booking # and took care of that also.  We have since received emails showing the Cruise planner refunds for each of those cruises.  I expect the actual cruise refunds may take a bit longer.

Edited by PigsCanFly
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cruisingpower js a snap to use. I do everything on it. Some TAs take their merry time doing it online or by phone. Last year was a different animal but not now.

Edited by sugcarol
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled our cruise for September last March.  I got an email saying I would get a future cruise certificate within 30 days.  After 30 days passed, I called and was told I would get a refund, not an FCC, within 30 to 45 days.  That was 92 days ago.  I called Royal today and got a message saying the hold time could be up to 60 minutes or more.  I've sent 3 or 4 emails and have gotten only one reply saying I had to contact Customer Service.  Hurry up and wait.  We still booked a cruise with them for January 2022 just because Royal offered a better deal than the other cruise lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My Symphony July 24 was cancelled, I booked through TA. I did refund request, on my own, online the day the cancellation was announced. Took all of 3 minutes. 

Just seemed odd to me that a TA is telling him that he has n't been able to process a refund for him.  Sounded to me like an excuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

 

That is not what I am implying.  Perhaps the agent is just not aware of all the features on Cruising Power.  Honestly, it is a well designed tool that Royal keeps adding to.  Checking on and applying CCs and generating a L&S  are features that were added.

Lift and shift now needs to be done via a rep.  The on line tool no longer works since the lift and shift is for cancelled cruises only. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Just seemed odd to me that a TA is telling him that he has n't been able to process a refund for him.  Sounded to me like an excuse.

The TA is obviously not willing to wait on hold for their  client. 
 

I’ve  talked  to Royal 5 times over the past 2 days and yes the hold times are long but I can still get other work done while listening to their spiel 9n CocoCay on speakerphone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Just seemed odd to me that a TA is telling him that he has n't been able to process a refund for him.  Sounded to me like an excuse.

sounds like a very weak excuse.  Our TA processed a refund for our 20 August cruise and we had confirmation from RCL in less than 24 hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...