Lift and shift

I am trying to lift and shift our canceled cruise for next year. Since they do not have the exact same room category available on any of the dates that fall into their parameters they denied me.  Has anyone had luck with having them waive this option? Also has anyone had luck with trying to pay a little more to move to a different category or accepting a lower category? Tia

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I am trying to lift and shift our canceled cruise for next year. Since they do not have the exact same room category available on any of the dates that fall into their parameters they denied me.  Has anyone had luck with having them waive this option? Also has anyone had luck with trying to pay a little more to move to a different category or accepting a lower category? Tia

How does your price you have now compared to next year? Is it worth the hassle of trying to L&S vs. just moving the money to next years sailing / free or charge(no change fee).

Look at category's price on new ship category above and below your's.

Edited by Jimbo

36 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

My TA was able to shift our 2 bedroom suite to an Owners suite since there were no 2 bedroom suites available

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice.  We were able to L and S for August of next year.  They didn't have our category available but upgraded us to the next category up.  I am thrilled as we wanted the same itinerary and didn't want to deal with masks or monitors this year.  So, we were able to get the same itinerary and the price protection.  This was a L and S from a PR cruise last year where we paid about $350 a person for three of us.  Last year they let us move it to Symphony since there were no PR cruises going out during the time period that we could L and S.  There was NO way we would get that price on Symphony anytime much less next year.  We are paying the same for three of us as it costs for one right now!  I am so happy that they were able to L and S!  Now, let's pray they stay afloat and Covid goes away so next year is a normal cruise. 

• Like 2