Jump to content

MSC has announced cruising to begin August 2, Mera and Divina


jules815
 Share

Recommended Posts

Admin. please remove if this is already posted...

 

MSC Announcement about the restart of cruising

MSC Meraviglia will kick off MSC’s restart in the U.S. starting August 2, with three and four-night cruises from Miami to the Bahamas. Each sailing will include a visit to MSC’s private island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.

Starting September 18, MSC Meraviglia will add seven-night cruises from Miami to the Bahamas and Caribbean, also including a stop at Ocean Cay.

MSC Divina will resume voyages from Port Canaveral on September 16, offering three, four, and seven-night cruises to the Bahamas and Caribbean. These sailings will stop at Ocean Cay as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's great news, have they announced the requirements vaccinated/unvaccinated? It will be interesting to see if they stick with the same protocols they used in the UK & EU allowing both fully vaccinated and tested unvaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25172-msc-cruises-announces-u-s-restart.html
 

“...other restrictions to be announced later.”

 

 


Sort of concerned by what they mean by this, “MSC Cruises will reveal additional itinerary details for cruises onboard the MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina in the coming week.” Hopefully they don’t mean changes to the already book island visits lol. Perhaps they just mean shore excursions etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Tried doing a test booking for September 4, 2021, says “sorry fully booked.” I wonder if they will give us the option to stay on the ship, do a four night then a three night, or would that defeat the purpose of what they are trying to accomplish with a four night cruise and a three night cruise. When I sign in our seven night is still sitting there. Cannot deny it, am a little frustrated tonight, tired of the wait and see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meraviglia sailings through Sept 11th are no longer bookable, so likely cancelled as I don't think they will move people to three and four day sailings.  Perhaps Armonia and Divina bookings from Aug 2nd to Sept 18th will be moved to Meraviglia.

 

All I need to see is "cruises will welcome both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests" to know what the details are going to entail.  Too bad, I was hoping to sneak in another sailing or two this Fall but I will be looking elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This part was interesting:

 

"Those who are not vaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be subject to requirements such as additional testing, as well as restrictions, which will be announced at a later date. "

 

No restrictions for vaccinated guests?

 

Edited by jules815
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For the most part I think MSC are referring to different pre-boarding test requirements for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated.  But cruise lines that allow unvaccinated  passengers do have the ability to designate certain areas for vaccinated passengers only, a place where the masking, distancing and other precautions would be relaxed.  Perhaps MSC is considering this option.  But trying to implement and enforce this on board seems incredibly difficult and to me it still wouldn't encourage me to book.

 

ETA: The CDC Technical Instructions are clear that in any are that vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers share all must follow strict masking, distancing.....

Edited by Até
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Até said:

For the most part I think MSC are referring to different pre-boarding test requirements for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated.  But cruise lines that allow unvaccinated  passengers do have the ability to designate certain areas for vaccinated passengers only, a place where the masking, distancing and other precautions would be relaxed.  Perhaps MSC is considering this option.  But trying to implement and enforce this on board seems incredibly difficult and to me it still wouldn't encourage me to book.

 

Since they've been using the wristbands on other MSC ships for contact tracing I wonder if the vaccination status could be loaded into that database. Perhaps then the wristband could used to limit non-vaccinated passengers from accessing certain spots on the ship (Meraviglia). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really pleased for you all over there.

They are certainly doing a good job here on Virtuosa, I'm sure they will have it all well organised by the time they sail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, optimusprime82 said:

 

Since they've been using the wristbands on other MSC ships for contact tracing I wonder if the vaccination status could be loaded into that database. Perhaps then the wristband could used to limit non-vaccinated passengers from accessing certain spots on the ship (Meraviglia). 

Are you going to refund certain passengers for lack of facilities being available ? did you have a database for those who knowingly sailed with the Flu virus ? MSC have systems in place that have worked since their first sailing the last week of July 2020 and have continued on to their other ships that are currently sailing. If it is an issue for you then there are others like Princes and NCL who are allowing only those with the jab.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Are you going to refund certain passengers for lack of facilities being available ? did you have a database for those who knowingly sailed with the Flu virus ? MSC have systems in place that have worked since their first sailing the last week of July 2020 and have continued on to their other ships that are currently sailing. If it is an issue for you then there are others like Princes and NCL who are allowing only those with the jab.

 

I do agree with this, I booked and fully understand my MSC cruise will have unvaccinated and there will be a lot of restrictions including wearing masks everywhere, even on the sun deck, those who are unvaccinated should not have facilities they paid good money for removed.

 

Equally my NCL booking is vaccinated crew & passengers only and am very happy to be cruising with almost no restrictions on that cruise, I would be equally annoyed if they changed that to allow unvaccinated and added all the precautions I paid good money to avoid.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

 

I do agree with this, I booked and fully understand my MSC cruise will have unvaccinated and there will be a lot of restrictions including wearing masks everywhere, even on the sun deck, those who are unvaccinated should not have facilities they paid good money for removed.

 

Equally my NCL booking is vaccinated crew & passengers only and am very happy to be cruising with almost no restrictions on that cruise, I would be equally annoyed if they changed that to allow unvaccinated and added all the precautions I paid good money to avoid.

 


This is just my opinion of course.  But you shouldn’t be entitled to “pay good money” to shirk your responsibility to involve yourself in the protocols that are critical to arresting the worst global pandemic in a generation.  I don’t care who you are or where you’re from.  If you think your liberties are more important than other peoples’ lives you deserve to be ostracized from society until it’s safe to allow you bulldoze through it however you wish. 
 

Also I think comparisons between Covid and the common flu are idiotic and show a desperate attempt to win an argument rather than have a genuine interest in problem solving.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

This is just my opinion of course.  But you shouldn’t be entitled to “pay good money” to shirk your responsibility to involve yourself in the protocols that are critical to arresting the worst global pandemic in a generation.  I don’t care who you are or where you’re from.

 

Correct and that is why I am more than happy to wear a mask on my MSC cruise where there will be unvaccinated people who need protecting. 

It is why I am very happy to have no restrictions on my NCL where everyone is vaccinated.

 

I don't see where I am "shirking" my responsibilities by complying with the protocols in place?

 

In my view I would only be "shirking" my responsibilities if I was not following protocols and/or not wearing a mask in the company on unvaccinated people on a "I'm all right Jack basis".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

 

Correct and that is why I am more than happy to wear a mask on my MSC cruise where there will be unvaccinated people who need protecting. 

It is why I am very happy to have no restrictions on my NCL where everyone is vaccinated.

 

I don't see where I am "shirking" my responsibilities by complying with the protocols in place?

 

In my view I would only be "shirking" my responsibilities if I was not following protocols and/or not wearing a mask in the company on unvaccinated people on a "I'm all right Jack basis".


Clearly my opinion is based on passengers who are not vaccinated.   You have not revealed whether you have been or not.  So my comments can’t have anything to do with you.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:


Clearly my opinion is based on passengers who are not vaccinated.   You have not revealed whether you have been or not.  So my comments can’t have anything to do with you.   

 

Fair comment, I might have only been getting vaccinated in time for the NCL, I have been fully vaccinated since mid April.
It's my bad, I should have avoided doubt and said... "Even though I'm vaccinated I am happy to wear a mask to protect the unvaccinated.".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What makes you think "you" are protecting the jabless ? There are plenty of cases of those having had the magic liquid who are or were in Hospital. Far too many want to continue hiding behind the sofa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sidari said:

What makes you think "you" are protecting the jabless ? There are plenty of cases of those having had the magic liquid who are or were in Hospital. Far too many want to continue hiding behind the sofa.

 

Exactly my point, I am protecting the jabless as I could be one of those with the "magic liquid" who can catch & pass on Covid, I am without any doubt protecting the jabless more that the jabed but in reality, yes, it's protecting everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

 

Fair comment, I might have only been getting vaccinated in time for the NCL, I have been fully vaccinated since mid April.
It's my bad, I should have avoided doubt and said... "Even though I'm vaccinated I am happy to wear a mask to protect the unvaccinated.".

If someone is not vaccinated it is up to them to protect themselves.  The interesting thing I want to see is how much restrictions there will be to prevent an outbreak.  The way I read the announcement from MSC there may be two sets of protocols.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

If someone is not vaccinated it is up to them to protect themselves.  The interesting thing I want to see is how much restrictions there will be to prevent an outbreak.  The way I read the announcement from MSC there may be two sets of protocols.

 

So it's I'm all right Jack, they can take their chances!

 

From what I have seen that attitude overwhelmingly comes form the US, just saying.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sidari said:

Are you going to refund certain passengers for lack of facilities being available ? did you have a database for those who knowingly sailed with the Flu virus ? MSC have systems in place that have worked since their first sailing the last week of July 2020 and have continued on to their other ships that are currently sailing. If it is an issue for you then there are others like Princes and NCL who are allowing only those with the jab.

 

Are the "certain passengers" that you're referring to going to be fully aware that those facilities are not going to be open to them if they're not vaccinated? If they're aware of the rules before they sail then I don't think they're owed anything.

 

Is the flu virus the same thing as Covid-19? Uh, it's not. Maybe you shouldn't compare those two things.

 

Are you aware that certain areas of the current MSC ships that are sailing still are not open to anyone due to Covid-19? The Thermal Spa wasn't open on the recent Virtuosa sailings because of Covid.

 

The same thing goes for you, there are other cruise lines available for those that won't take a vaccine to protect themselves and others against a deadly virus.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Free Charter Air & Hotels on Antarctica Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...