FCC newbie

Hi all.

I just got the official confirmation that our Harmony cruise in July got cancelled and with that came the reimbursement options.

It's our first ever cancelled cruise and I would like to ask for your help before I get in touch with our national (Portugal) RCCL official dealer.

They offer a 125%FCC to use before the end of April,2022 in a cruise until the end of September,2022 which will be automatically emitted until July 2nd, 2021.

I want to book the exact same cruise, including cabin [it's available ;)] for next September but, since the FCC hasn't been issued yet, will I be able to use it? 

One other doubt: the excess amount on the 125%FCC will I be able to use it as onboard credit, to pay for any other future cruise or will it be lost?

Thank you all for your help.

3 hours ago, Bracarense said:

One other doubt: the excess amount on the 125%FCC will I be able to use it as onboard credit, to pay for any other future cruise or will it be lost?

FCC can only be used against base fare.

3 hours ago, Bracarense said:

Hi all.

I just got the official confirmation that our Harmony cruise in July got cancelled and with that came the reimbursement options.

It's our first ever cancelled cruise and I would like to ask for your help before I get in touch with our national (Portugal) RCCL official dealer.

They offer a 125%FCC to use before the end of April,2022 in a cruise until the end of September,2022 which will be automatically emitted until July 2nd, 2021.

I want to book the exact same cruise, including cabin [it's available ;)] for next September but, since the FCC hasn't been issued yet, will I be able to use it? 

Thank you all for your help.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

FCC can only be used against base fare.

If you have FCC  leftover, it can be used to pay towards another cruise fare during the appropriate time frame.  It can not be used as onboard credit. 

Your travel argent should be able to hold your new cruise for you pending the issuance of the FCC.

Good luck.

If you booked through RCCL they should be able to handle the FCC.  Basically they just put a hold on the new cabin until the FCC processes.  So you don't have to wait for it.  Note that rules in Portugal may be different from US rules.  In the US they refund port fees, taxes and insurance and these are not part of the 125% offer. 

If you had booked items in the Cruise Planner normally these would be refunded.  For many cruises in the US you could also ask to have these become a 125% Onboard Credit.  Check your cruise planner for the cancelled cruise - if this is true for you it should appear at the top of the page.  Note that if you do this the entire amount becomes non-refundable onboard credit (although it can be moved to a different cruise if you need to).

In the US, the 125% Future Cruise Credit is the default (you must ask for a refund).  The Cruise Planner purchases will be refunded unless you ask for the 125%.