Shore excursion credit for Retreat guests?

djh

We have traveled in suites for a long time with Celebrity but this is new to me. I just noticed that the “all included” perks include a shore excursion credit. I have never heard of this before and am having trouble finding out any information on it. Can anybody offer me any insight? Thanks,  Debbie

The Suite OBC is still regular OBC from what I was told , no change from the past just more OBC..  Others booked in suites have reported using it for speciality dining reservations & wine packages   

Always Included (non suites) doesn’t include any OBC but if one upgrades to Elevate they get the Premium beverage package and some OBC which is for shore excursions.  If they upgrade to Indulge then they get Premium biverage, stream wi-fi and OBC which can be used for onboard spending or shore excursions.

joan

I believe the Retreat guests also automatically get the AI "Indulge Package" which includes an additional $150 OBC per person, specifically for excursions, unless you book the Aqua Suite on the Beyond which gets you an additional $200 per person on top of the normal $150 OBC pp you get for booking a suite.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/always-included

We've got back-to-back Sky Suites upcoming this July/August on Apex...and we've got a whole lot of OBC after twice lifting and shifting these cruises and picking up other OBC from earlier deals and offers...But, $600 ($300 pp) on each of the 7-night cruises is by virtue of the Retreat deal...

And NONE of the OBC is differentiated as "Shore Excursion OBC"...it's all pretty much the same and shows as being in the same large pot...

As it turns out, we are using a lot of it on Shore Excursions as we have little else to spend it on with Premium Drinks, Streaming WiFi and Gratuities all included and with Laundry included on our Elite Plus Captains Club status....  We ended up booking expensive shorexes in every port and will still end up sailing with about $650 in unspent nonrefundable OBC...I guess my wife will get to buy some jewelry in the onboard gift shops!

17 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

And NONE of the OBC is differentiated as "Shore Excursion OBC"...it's all pretty much the same and shows as being in the same large pot...

Yes, it’s all undifferentiated OBC, my Celebrity Vacation Planner confirmed that when we booked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Celebrity’s wording in their Retreat marketing is a little deceptive by listing both an OBC perk as well as a Shore Excursion perk.  It should be clearly presented that the OBC perk per person may be used for Shore Excursions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kjc852 said:

Celebrity’s wording in their Retreat marketing is a little deceptive by listing both an OBC perk as well as a Shore Excursion perk.  It should be clearly presented that the OBC perk per person may be used for Shore Excursions.

The confusion is in the name of the Shorex perk, not the other way around.  OBC can always be used for shorex. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 7:46 PM, Turtles06 said:

Yes, it’s all undifferentiated OBC, my Celebrity Vacation Planner confirmed that when we booked. 

Thank you, I had the same question, I can see my OBC as one big lump, & couldn't figure out which part was designated for shore excursions only...  I will be happy to spend it at the apple store onboard. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1