It's finally the news you have been patiently waiting to hear.

bajathree

I’m following the live thread on the RCI board concerning the Adventure OTS which returns to service today with cruises out of Nassau. The poster on board states that Royal is using facial recognition on the ship for tracing purposes. Wonder if this same technology will be used by X. I’m going to assume so. 

Live thread

Live port cam of Nassau.

https://www.portnassauwebcam.com

Well...I don't see how it's an embarrassment to have a bracelet, a card, a lanyard, etc stipulating you've had a COVID Vaccine.  Matter of fact, I'd consider it just the opposite.  I'd be proud to wear/display any of it.

There is no segregation.  You would have to go a different line, maybe.  But, that has been happening on cruises for a long time.  If you're an elite member of their cruise line (where you've cruised many times), those folks always are in another line.  Lines are set up depending on check in times, too.

Most likely, the "non-vaccinated" line won't be too onerous given how few there will probably be checking in.

Personally, if I were required to wear a mask and be tested more regularly to ensure the healthy sailing of the ship, I'd be annoyed.  But, I wouldn't go on any trip or cruise where I think I'd be annoyed to begin with.   I get annoyed going to amusement parks.  So, I don't go to them.  Simple as that.

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

I’m following the live thread on the RCI board concerning the Adventure OTS which returns to service today with cruises out of Nassau. The poster on board states that Royal is using facial recognition on the ship for tracing purposes. Wonder if this same technology will be used by X. I’m going to assume so. 

Live thread

Live port cam of Nassau.

https://www.portnassauwebcam.com

Thats not new. Years ago on Oasis ...bit of a long story...someone on the ship was reported "missing". They did a visual search and my picture popped up on a facial recognition search looking similar to the "missing" person. Security ended up tracking me down on the ship in the middle of dining at Izumi. The next day I actually talked to the captain about it and he confirmed they did it through facial recognition. 

• Like 1