Platinum status - sea day brunch drink

our next cruise we will get Platinum status - yay!!

it says we get a drink for sea day brunch - is that one drink each brunch day?  or one drink for the whole cruise?

it is a 14 day RT to Hawaii with lots of sea days so hoping for a drink each day 🙂 

Lol it's a paper voucher, I've thrown away too many times cleaning up the desk.

And it doesnt cover much. I wanted a simple bloody mary and I was charged a extra dollar. Not much I agree but annoying. $1 plus the tax. To me that's a simple enough drink and used to be covered now its not. 

The coupon is good for any drink up to $9 I believe. Anything over that and you are charded the difference + gratuity. Since it is a free drink, I always tip an extra buck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol it's a paper voucher, I've thrown away too many times cleaning up the desk.

You can get another from Guest Services

Do you have to use at brunch or can it use anywhere around the ship like the previous gold drink coupon you get before. i am about to be platinum and i hate that it is limited to just brunch only

26 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Do you have to use at brunch or can it use anywhere around the ship like the previous gold drink coupon you get before. i am about to be platinum and i hate that it is limited to just brunch only

I found the 2 times I used it that it was limited to either brunch or you could use it at the bar outside brunch. Maybe they have loosened up but they dont make it easy to use. I dont always do brunch and threw it away accidentally so I've only managed to use it twice. 

Probably someone more determined has a better experience than I have. At least they let me last time order from the bar outside and I didnt have to sit thru brunch service. But they are the ones who told me it was good only on a screwdriver or mimosa, which was my pick. Anything else was extra.

I wasnt impressed lol. 

47 minutes ago, shof515 said:

You can use it at breakfast, too!

You don't have to eat. Just tell the hostess you just want your drink and she will get a server.

15 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We don't drink alcohol, so we rarely use ours. Actually liked the gold level one better because you could use it in the evening for other drinks like milkshakes. 

The platinum drink coupon is also good for non-alcohol.  I always get a yummy cappuccino with mine.

• Like 2

We use ours at Brunch, and order a glass of champagne each. Then we make our own mimosa at the table using the orange juice we order with breakfast. it's a little larger that way. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

Luv the bloody Mary in the Morning with my huevos Rancheros on the seaday brunch, It just'

doesn't get any better. lol.

I'm with you. I dont drink much but that's what I want with brunch...and make mine spicy. 

A few years ago I went to guest services and asked if they would exchange for a coupon to get a free drink later in the day at any bar, they did but it was such a chore and listening how it is not allowed, let me ask my boss, etc I never tried that again.  Now I go to the brunch and tell them I want a beer uncapped and take it to my room for later in the day.

• Like 1