Jump to content

Visa Requirement for US citizens


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

I read sometime back, a scientific study that presented evidence that, based on standard IQ testing, the average  IQ of humans reached a peak around 1975 & has been steadily declining ever since.

 

As it was a 'proper' study the conclusion was that yes we are on average less intelligent than we were, or perhaps, the standard IQ tests were no longer able to accurately measure comparative IQ, which was an equally plausible conclusion.

 

I look around me everyday, at work, in public, &  in mainstream & social media & I know the answer - the tests are fine.


Standardised, most,  IQ tests are designed to have a mean of 100 points and standard deviation of 15.  So 85-115 is is the “normal” range. Supposed that whenever someone took one, at whatever age, there was comparability of scores.
 

The Flynn Effect studied the general increase in IQ scores since early in the 20th century. About 3 points per decades. Increase to put down to improved such things as nutrition, better environment (removal of lead from petrol), and educational changes.

 

In some countries (including Australia) there has been a decrease over the last couple of decades. But the rate shown is quicker than the Flynn increase. Decline in environmental quality, poorer nutrition for many, changes in education — including moving away from tests — are some of the reasons given.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

 These are the same like minds who are booking Aussie cruises for the end of this year.  Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but you can't fix stupid.


Not everyone who has an Australian cruise booked for 2021-22 season is ‘stupid’..we have one booked for 2022 which was booked as soon as bookings opened, transferred from March 2021. We hope the Australian government will open the borders before then, but just yet nobody knows when this will happen. Plenty of speculation for mid 2022, but no official announcement. 
 

Does this booking make us stupid too ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:


Not everyone who has an Australian cruise booked for 2021-22 season is ‘stupid’..we have one booked for 2022 which was booked as soon as bookings opened, transferred from March 2021. We hope the Australian government will open the borders before then, but just yet nobody knows when this will happen. Plenty of speculation for mid 2022, but no official announcement. 
 

Does this booking make us stupid too ?

No, many of us rolled cruises over from last year, but those who are just booking those cruises at this point in time are stupid as it is extremely unlikely that:

a) there will be a 21/22 season here 😭

b) that our international border will be open

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Docker123 said:


Standardised, most,  IQ tests are designed to have a mean of 100 points and standard deviation of 15.  So 85-115 is is the “normal” range. Supposed that whenever someone took one, at whatever age, there was comparability of scores.
 

The Flynn Effect studied the general increase in IQ scores since early in the 20th century. About 3 points per decades. Increase to put down to improved such things as nutrition, better environment (removal of lead from petrol), and educational changes.

 

In some countries (including Australia) there has been a decrease over the last couple of decades. But the rate shown is quicker than the Flynn increase. Decline in environmental quality, poorer nutrition for many, changes in education — including moving away from tests — are some of the reasons given.

interesting, as 3rd world to 1st world immigration increases, IQ averages significantly  decline...  it is well documented in countries with higher intelligence averages, less reproduction.  in countries with very low intelligence averages, as many children as possible being born.  smart people usually only have children that they can afford whilst dumb people have as many as the government will pay them  for.

Edited by ericfromri
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NSWP said:

At the end of the day, do not book any cruises in and out of Australia for 21/22.  For those who have booked demand your money back. These ships will not arrive here.

No thanks, I'll wait until the cruise lines cancel, take the FCC option with a bit extra then book another cruise further in the future. I'm not losing money, most of my deposts were FCDs so that money was already committed and Princess states if you can't use the FCCs they will be refunded eventually. So far I've got $125 extra from two of my FCDs so that's not a bad return on the investment. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mr walker said:

I read sometime back, a scientific study that presented evidence that, based on standard IQ testing, the average  IQ of humans reached a peak around 1975 & has been steadily declining ever since.

 

As it was a 'proper' study the conclusion was that yes we are on average less intelligent than we were, or perhaps, the standard IQ tests were no longer able to accurately measure comparative IQ, which was an equally plausible conclusion.

 

I look around me everyday, at work, in public, &  in mainstream & social media & I know the answer - the tests are fine.

It has also been established that ro a certain point (I think it was IQ 70) lower IQ couple produce more off spring.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...