The Daily for Wednesday Jun 09, 2021

richwmn

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Not in detail but it should be a gradual buildup of stamina under supervision.

Roy

That’s a good plan, Roy.  If you have to sacrifice cruising for 3 months, it will be worth it.  hey may surprise you and tell you can go earlier.

And if they do, I’m betting it will be conditional on using the hydrotherapy pool 😉 

• Like 5

Just a note about boxed wines: the everyday red wine in my house is always in a box, not because I drink so much of it, but because I don't. It's vacuum sealed and keeps for weeks, while red wine in a bottle is good for only a few days, if that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Late to the party, AGAIN!  I want to mention all, but I will feel bad if I miss anyone.  Rejoicing in good new, and sending prayers for continued health improvement for those in need!  

Glad I am learning so much about cardbordeaux!  I have a box of red on my counter and hope it is still good, since I am not a big red wine consumer when it gets toward summer!  Think I will try to get it finished off while enjoying my a/c!  (How is that for a compromised?)

Spent several hours today going through the HAL shore excursions for my 3 booked cruises.  Gives me an idea of what I could be leaning toward.  Need to get Alaska figured out real soon since I go on August 21!

Still hot, dry and obviously no rain.  Am sure that most will be tired of that complaint.  We have one fire not too far away, and our air is filled with smoke from AZ, NM and UT!

Thanks to all who contribute to this most friendly place and have a great evening, everyone!

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

😉 🙂😉

Wine vs Hard Liquor: The Best Reasons to Be a Wino

😉😉😉😉😉

John, that’s hilarious!  I’m identifying with all 7, but prefer to call it Cardboardeaux, not wine by the box.  LOL 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just a quick update on my visit with the Cardiologist this morning.  I think overall it went pretty well except for my travel plans.  She wants to send me for 3 months of cardiac rehab.  That would put me out of range to even think about the Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska season.

I'm also wondering about Sam.  I hope the hospital is working with him to get him started walking a bit with supervision and support.  I expect they want to get him moving ASAP to help prevent blood clots.

Roy

Roy, if your Doc lets you, think about Aug 7th on Nieuw A and join Maria and I 😉 A PG dinner is on me

• Like 5

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just a quick update on my visit with the Cardiologist this morning.  I think overall it went pretty well except for my travel plans.  She wants to send me for 3 months of cardiac rehab.  That would put me out of range to even think about the Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska season.

I'm also wondering about Sam.  I hope the hospital is working with him to get him started walking a bit with supervision and support.  I expect they want to get him moving ASAP to help prevent blood clots.

Roy

Sorry to hear your travel plans are being disrupted Roy.

Your health must come first and the cardiac team sound like they are taking good care of you.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Roy, did your cardiologist explain what cardio rehab involves? 

After my heart attack I went for cardio physio.

They attached monitors on my body to measure resting heart rate.

The physio had me walking 10 metres up the hospital corridor and back several times at different speeds whilst monitoring my heart rate and how high it went and how quickly it fell and how soon it went back to normal.

She was happy with the results and offered me further physio sessions if I wanted but she thought I was okay to be left to walking up to 10,000 steps a day on my own 

She said they have treadmill's that alter the incline as a means of checking if your heart is damaged but my cardio consultant had said I had avoided heart damage when he did the angiogram by going straight to the hospital emergency after my mild heart attack and by taking 3 soluble aspirin quickly after unusual chest pain.

Wishing Roy all the best.

Graham. 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

After my heart attack I went for cardio physio.

They attached monitors on my body to measure resting heart rate.

The physio had me walking 10 metres up the hospital corridor and back several times at different speeds whilst monitoring my heart rate and how high it went and how quickly it fell and how soon it went back to normal.

She was happy with the results and offered me further physio sessions if I wanted but she thought I was okay to be left to walking up to 10,000 steps a day on my own 

She said they have treadmill's that alter the incline as a means of checking if your heart is damaged but my cardio consultant had said I had avoided heart damage when he did the angiogram by going straight to the hospital emergency after my mild heart attack and by taking 3 soluble aspirin quickly after unusual chest pain.

Wishing Roy all the best.

Graham. 

Graham, thank you for this info. It is comforting to know they move slowly after a heart procedure. 

• Like 4