Jump to content

Latest news on restart!


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

 

I thought Nassau's Cruise area was completely torn apart with construction? 

I thought they were using some hotel to leave from. Tomorrow is the big day.

 

I usually skip spring break, oasis is breaking my pattern. It was someone's birthday, I didnt pick that date. I like winter cruises and going where its warm 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mlshum said:

Please, please those of you on the first sailings come back and write about it!  I’m perishing for some cruise reviews to read!

 

Not Carnival, but right now it's fun to follow Seany527 who is currently on Celebrity's June 5 cruise from St. Maarten, and see how it's all working. Lots of good pictures and explanations. Well fun except for right now as there are now 2 positive tests aboard (fully vaccinated cruise) but still interesting to see how the cruise line will handle it:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

Nothing but good news today for me. Have 7/31 & 8/7 btb on the Mardi Gras and 10/2 Panorama. Am vaccinated and ready to go. We have an itinerary change.

D9F7EBEB-933F-4B78-B803-A7E4E4124DC3.jpeg

Looks like they won't have new protocols ready by Monday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I am on the Dream out of Galveston in September.  I was fairly confident sailing would have started from Galveston well before that, but now I feel like I'm on the edge.  Trying to figure out how high or low to set my expectations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Trying to think as Carnival would....if Baltimore does restart in September, does anyone have a suspicion that they’d swap the Legend in early? Does it make sense to run the Pride for 6-8 weeks out of Baltimore before moving it to Florida?  Or would they just bring in the Legend for the restart and move those of us booked (we are for Oct) over to Legend? 
I don’t think Legend has anything before Baltimore in November. I’m not sure where it was supposed to be before that...was it Europe? 

Legend was supposed to be in dry dock April 10-May 16, 2021. Did that actually happen? GoCCL doesn't have any details for the 2021 dry dock like it does for all of the previous ones. Legend was supposed to sail Europe this summer, and that was pulled a while ago, so I suspect Legend still needs dry dock work. If the original schedule was a month, that certainly would include painting the new livery.

 

I would expect Pride would get the call in Baltimore if Baltimore restarts before November just to salvage 5-8 weeks of sailings. That and the September 12 Pride sailing is the earliest available for booking.

 

There's also a Panama Canal partial transit sailing on October 31 to reposition it to Tampa. If it has to be delayed to November 1 due to the CSO, Carnival probably just drops Amber Cove or Grand Turk, which don't qualify as "distant" under the PVSA anyway. Doing one-way sailings to/from San Juan would also be a possible replacement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stormy_weatherman said:

Ahhhh so close to being on the first sailing! I booked on the August 7th thinking that might be the new first. Alas, I’ll be vlogging for my YouTube channel (link below), if you’re interested in following along for the second cruise!

 

Also, did anyone notice that in this release from Carnival it refers to “pre-inaugural” sailings and it doesn’t call the July 31 cruise anything but a “first sailing”? Perhaps Carnival is awaiting a less-restrictive “inaugural” cruise, with all of its fanfare and celebration, to be held at a later date?

 See you there !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Great news for you and TNcruising02, happy for you both!  What about Tom?

 

I'm glad my Pride sailing is September 12, and not in August.  I'm surprised Pride is not sailing in August.  Usually big money in the Pride casino...

 

Yep -- #2   🙂

 

I'll believe it when we board the ship and they pull in the ropes !

 

Tom

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Legend was supposed to be in dry dock April 10-May 16, 2021. Did that actually happen? GoCCL doesn't have any details for the 2021 dry dock like it does for all of the previous ones. Legend was supposed to sail Europe this summer, and that was pulled a while ago, so I suspect Legend still needs dry dock work. If the original schedule was a month, that certainly would include painting the new livery.

 

I would expect Pride would get the call in Baltimore if Baltimore restarts before November just to salvage 5-8 weeks of sailings. That and the September 12 Pride sailing is the earliest available for booking.

 

There's also a Panama Canal partial transit sailing on October 31 to reposition it to Tampa. If it has to be delayed to November 1 due to the CSO, Carnival probably just drops Amber Cove or Grand Turk, which don't qualify as "distant" under the PVSA anyway. Doing one-way sailings to/from San Juan would also be a possible replacement.

Either way both ships need to recrewed for the fall.  The question is that repo cruise and what they do about it. Prices fell on it recently...so I wonder  if they’d consider canceling it. Interesting times...just something I’d thought about. Wouldn’t be the first dance of ships we’ve seen 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, poop.  I am on the Sunrise on 8/19, and was really pleased to see the press release earlier today.  I just checked my email and they've updated the itinerary.  Instead of stops in Key West and Cozumel, now it's a Bahama's cruise.  Definitely not what I signed up for...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Also I checked my planner for the 21st sailing looks like Belize got cut? And another Sea day was added? 


You know what. They changed all of the vistas that were grand cayman and Jamaica to Belize and Roatan. I bet that impacted your cruise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Also looking at my sailing on the 28th They took out Grand Turk and replaced it with naussa? 

 

Two days at sea followed by PR, Amber cove, Sea day, Naussa and then back to Canaveral. 


Yeah that’s what I got on the 28th.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Here I come Mardi Gras, August 21st. 

Me too. But my problem is that my 8yo grandson is going also,  which was the purpose of the cruise.  The cruise will sail with vaccinated guests. He is not eligible for a vaccine.  Now what?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, finally the official cancellation of our August Glory cruise out of NOLA. 🙃

 

We expected it , now it’s time to move forward.  


I called and rebooked Panorama for September cruise. 🛳🤗  

 

On the positive side ... we’re Cruising ❣️❣️

 

Financially saving money ... no flights, no hotels.


On the negative side ... None .... we’re Cruising ❣️❣️

 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 
 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

So, finally the official cancellation of our August Glory cruise out of NOLA. 🙃

 

We expected it , now it’s time to move forward.  


I called and rebooked Panorama for September cruise. 🛳🤗  

 

On the positive side ... we’re Cruising ❣️❣️

 

Financially saving money ... no flights, no hotels.


On the negative side ... None .... we’re Cruising ❣️❣️

 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 
 

 

I'm guessing that in addition to saving money on flight and hotels, you are also getting the $600 onboard credit

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I'm guessing that in addition to saving money on flight and hotels, you are also getting the $600 onboard credit


  Yes, we had $600 OBC on the Glory (from April ‘21 Panorama cancelled).  Plus, it’s was $700 less — gets refunded. I book PB4 cruises, just my preference, as I tend to book a couple years in advance (and change my mind). 
  Any chance I know you “Lee”??

  🛳🛳

  Bobbi

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:



  Any chance I know you “Lee”??

  🛳🛳

  Bobbi

Not sure.  We've met a lot of people through the years, but can't recall meeting many from California.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We got an email about our Elation cruise out of Canaveral sept 18th.  They replaced her with the Magic and cancelled Grand Turk and replaced it with Bimini.  I never been there.  But they did say it was a fully vaccinated cruise.  Things are fluid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...