Jump to content

Latest news on restart!


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It irritates me to no end about the plethora of people boasting about getting Cheers as cheap as 5 bucks per day because they were the recipient of a RU1 code.  Others paid a bit more when they got a RU2 or RU3 code.  All the algorithm bestowed upon me was the RU9 code, which was worthless.  Have sailed on Carnival for 35 years and the only thing I ever got from them was a free upgrade 10 years ago on the Spirit.

So, I decided to roll the dice, gauge the system and overpay for a B2B August cruise hoping that it would cancel so I would earn the 1200 in OBC to use towards Cheers for our new B2B.  No big deal, I have my Halloween cruise on the Mardi Gras to look forward to as well as 8 bookings in 2022 and 4 in 2023.


You should have gambled on July.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

 Enjoy your b2b please. Lol my travel agent refused to book me b2b until after nov 1st!! He too played it safe.

It was 8/7 & 8/14.  I cancelled and flipped it to 8/27 & 9/3 of 2022 on the Mardi Gras.  Will check her out over Halloween first.  Have only been on one ship out of 35 cruises 3 times, the NCL Escape.   The Mardi Gras will be number two.  It will be a game changer for Carnival. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, amcankid said:

 

And other than that, you ain’t gonna get much sympathy from us when you have 14 bookings in the next two years!!!

Maybe a little envy, but definitely no sympathy!!

Only 13 at this point, which is a lot compared to most and a drop in the bucket compared to some on the boards, especially those in FLA or have much deeper pockets than I do.  Used to do 2 at the most per year, but Covid caused me to retire about 4 years early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

 

Lol so you thought cruises were gonna keep getting canceled and you tried to play the system and got burned eh lol. 

Didn't get burned at all.  Had a refundable deposit and did not lose a dime.  Flipped my money to the B2B around Labor Day next year with the OV8 code giving me 400 in OBC and 200 from stock makes it 600.  Missed my calculations by two weeks, so it would have been 1800.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Only 13 at this point, which is a lot compared to most and a drop in the bucket compared to some on the boards, especially those in FLA or have much deeper pockets than I do.  Used to do 2 at the most per year, but Covid caused me to retire about 4 years early.

I love California. I love the west coast.

But if ever I decided to leave and go to the East Coast it would be for one reason.

To do the same thing as you.

I’d get a one or two bedroom condo that I can just walk out the door, lock it and say see ya in a couple of weeks. 
But I got to wait a bit before I can do that. I’m retired but my wife has at least 4 more years to go. But who knows, I might start bumping into you in 5 years. We’ll both be saying I know that person from somewhere. Oh crapola. I’ve seen that person on 10 different cruises this year!! Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, amcankid said:

 But who knows, I might start bumping into you in 5 years. We’ll both be saying I know that person from somewhere. Oh crapola. I’ve seen that person on 10 different cruises this year!! Lol

We like to cruise on the newest ships afloat, with 5 of our 9 ships booked have not even sailed yet.  With Carnival, it's 3 on Mardi Gras and 1 on Celebration.   On NCL,  it's 2 on Prima and 1 each on Bliss, Joy and Encore. Two on Discovery Princess and 1 on revamped Oasis and Celebrity Apex.

Have a transatlantic as well as a 14 day Northern European cruise booked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 10:07 PM, SNJCruisers said:

We like to cruise on the newest ships afloat, with 5 of our 9 ships booked have not even sailed yet.  With Carnival, it's 3 on Mardi Gras and 1 on Celebration.   On NCL,  it's 2 on Prima and 1 each on Bliss, Joy and Encore. Two on Discovery Princess and 1 on revamped Oasis and Celebrity Apex.

Have a transatlantic as well as a 14 day Northern European cruise booked.

Geez. You just keep rubbing in don’t you!! Lol

Seriously though, nothing but envy for you and hope that one day, God and health willing, we’ll have the same opportunities to be at sea that much!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...