Two Test Positive On Millenium

morfred

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

If you contract COVID on the sailing Royal will refund you 100% your cruise fare....cover all medical expenses on the ship....quarantine fees incurred and pay to get you home. I am betting if you are quarantined for contact tracing if not a full refund....a good % of it will be compensated.

I didn't know that.  Thank you for sharing.  Still seems like quite the hassle and not very relaxing.  I am anxious to read the reviews of those coming back from this cruise.

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I didn't know that.  Thank you for sharing.  Still seems like quite the hassle and not very relaxing.  I am anxious to read the reviews of those coming back from this cruise.

Right now if you test positive at the port you will received a full refund. If you cancel for any reason 48hrs prior to sailing you will receive a full future cruise credit. They are even doing price guaranty right now that if cruise fares goes down after final payment you will receive the difference in onboard credit. Where else can you get all this guarantees right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

Right now if you test positive at the port you will received a full refund. If you cancel for any reason 48hrs prior to sailing you will receive a full future cruise credit. They are even doing price guaranty right now that if cruise fares goes down after final payment you will receive the difference in onboard credit. Where else can you get all this guarantees right now.

I am having a hard time getting that price drop guarantee....my TA has called twice with me in on the call the 2nd time...they are trying to tell me that if it is after final payment, no price guarantee....still working on it but my poor TA should not have to make multiple calls instead of selling cruises....

52 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

THAT is the problem with allowing un-vaxxed passengers on board. Even testing those folks who are un-vaxxed, they can test negative. They could be in the incubation period and the cruise line would not know they are actually boarding infected individuals.

Thank you.  I thought maybe I had morphed into a total idiot there for a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I prefer to do my own research and thereby decide for myself what is/is not a waste of my time.

That's fine but many do not understand and don't have the time or tools to realize that just because something is "published in a journal" doesn't make it legitimate research.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ch175 said:

Why is that hard to understand? You have to be around someone for something to get passed to you. If one person you live with gets it, don’t you think it’s kinda likely you’re going to get it too?

What situation do you think is more likely to result in transmission?

1. Both spouses vaccinated and living together, one has asymptomatic covid

2. Two unvaccinated people walk past each other in the grocery store, one has asymptomatic covid

OK, I will try to explain it to you again in simple terms…

Vaccinated person infected - possible but unlikely. 

Vaccinated person infected and transmitting - still possible but very unlikely.

Vaccinated person infected, no symptoms and transmitting it to another vaccinated person - you figure out the likelihood 😉

If you think this is so plausible, you’re questioning vaccination in general..

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Justprettynpink said:

I am having a hard time getting that price drop guarantee....my TA has called twice with me in on the call the 2nd time...they are trying to tell me that if it is after final payment, no price guarantee....still working on it but my poor TA should not have to make multiple calls instead of selling cruises....

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee I had the same issue on RC but it was before final payment. I had to bring their policy to their attention then they gave it to me after three separate calls. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Sugar Carol, you are right!

Darn, we never tested the family dog?  Maybe he is infecting us?  Make note:  Where can we get the dog tested for Covid?

By the way, both the dog and I have never gotten a Covid test.  I never had symptoms, and I've had no reason to get tested.  My wife has needed to get tested multiple times, for hospital purposes, and she has been negative each time, so I ASSUME that I am also negative.

Well, unfortunately for us cruisers we aren’t making the call. The cruise lines are. There are a number of factors driving this, most importantly country requirements (yes, believe it or not the US does not rule the world) and they will do what is needed to protect their vulnerable populations. Second, there’s a little thing called a regulation that you be tested to reenter the US. Until that changes, tests will be conducted on all pax, vaccinated and unvaccinated. So we make a decision. We cruise willing to accept the risk or we don’t. Gnashing our teeth about it changes nothing!

2 minutes ago, DiamondSuiteCruiser said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee I had the same issue on RC but it was before final payment. I had to bring their policy to their attention then they gave it to me after three separate calls. Good luck!

Frankly, I don't think any line should be requiring final payment under their normal conditions right now.

• Like 1

No more rumors or speculation. See my previous post for background. My DW have been eating at a 2 top right next to the window the entire cruise. Next to us is another 2 top and then a 4 top. The couple next to us did not show up last night and server staff were in isolation. Staff was back tonight. One of the persons next to us is a TA. 3 nights ago 2 young ladies who know the couple and are also TAs sat at the 4 top. THEY ARE NOT DUTCH! LOL. They tested positive and Celebrity tomorrow is flying them both back in a private medical aircraft. Otherwise what a fabulous cruise. Because of only 600 cruisers onboard it was like having our very own server staff. No waiting for elevators LOL. We are totally spoiled. If you are cruising I would say Celebrity has done a great job in these very challenging times. We got our negative test results in our cabin tonight. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

But we really don't know how rare asymptomatic COVID is in fully vaccinated people.  I suspect it is rare for fully vaccinated people to be tested (except for those wanting to cruise, and maybe health care workers whose jobs require periodic testing).  My husband and I were fully vaccinated the third week in February (2nd Moderna vaccination was February 9th).  I have had a lot of exposure to maskless people since then (I live in Florida).  If I had contracted COVID but had no (or mild, allergy-like) symptoms, I wouldn't know it, because I have allergies year-round. 

We have been fully vaccinated since mid February (Pfizer). We have been around some unmasked people, wearing a mask is still required by some businesses here. We are in South Texas, and as you said, I have pretty much year round allergies, so I probably wouldn't recognize mild symptoms. I have never been tested. 

Has there been any information on which vaccine the two people had?

6 minutes ago, FastandFurious said:

No more rumors or speculation. See my previous post for background. My DW have been eating at a 2 top right next to the window the entire cruise. Next to us is another 2 top and then a 4 top. The couple next to us did not show up last night and server staff were in isolation. Staff was back tonight. One of the persons next to us is a TA. 3 nights ago 2 young ladies who know the couple and are also TAs sat at the 4 top. THEY ARE NOT DUTCH! LOL. They tested positive and Celebrity tomorrow is flying them both back in a private medical aircraft. Otherwise what a fabulous cruise. Because of only 600 cruisers onboard it was like having our very own server staff. No waiting for elevators LOL. We are totally spoiled. If you are cruising I would say Celebrity has done a great job in these very challenging times. We got our negative test results in our cabin tonight. 

Just curious, was the dining room re-configured to allow for a little more space?  Good to hear you had a good time regardless.  Sounds like X passed this test.

• Like 2

Caught early and hopefully no other passengers or crew members are affected...

I would still be comfortable in this situation given the number of passengers and distancing and etc..

I Am thinking that testing is how the passengers were detected, which is good, this gives me confidence in the new system being tried out.

In health and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Caught early and hopefully no other passengers or crew members are affected...

I would still comfortable in this situation given the number of passengers and distancing and etc..

I Am thinking that testing is how the passengers were detected, which is good, this gives me confidence in the new system being tried out.

In health and bon voyage

I think X did a pretty good job here.  Some of the so-called media stories I saw struck me as looking for a disaster.  But that could just be my natural skepticism.  

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Justprettynpink said:

Did you make reservations after final payment and found the lower price within 48 hours of that booking???

Then you have a policy case, for sure.

bon voyage

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ah, that makes sense.  Thank you.  My dreams of getting back to Europe for travel any time soon are, well...just that...dreams.

agree...second summer in a row not going to Europe...it is not IMPOSSIBLE this year but seems like too much uncertainty and work and test after test. The Rapid test that US asks for also has a higher false positive than the PCR so I can anticipate some real hassles for travelers. I hope I am wrong.

3 hours ago, sugcarol said:

St Maarten is Level 3, why is ANY ship going to ANY foreign port with numbers like that.  It is insane.  I'm fully vaccinated but will not take a cruise to any foreign port with numbers like that and living in a tuna can for 7 days. 

We have just spent hours reading each and every post in this thread.  It would have taken a lot less time, but it became obvious that many CrCr members made the mistake of diving into the thread near the midpoint -- or even near the latest page -- after which they posted comments that were mind-bogglingly repetitious (sometimes factual things that didn't need to be said again [for the tenth time], but sometimes flawed things [that had already been refuted five or more times])! 

Oh, well.  What's done is done, but we wish that fellow members would never do this again.  In the future, dear folks, out of basic courtesy, please either (1) read an entire thread (as we did) before you post anything ... or ... (2) if you lack the time to read the whole thread, then please refrain from posting at all!  Thank you.  (And please do not bash us for saying these things.  After all, we did not mention any of the "culprits" by name!)

Now, this thread had a multitude of interesting and informative posts, so we thank many contributors for those ... but, sugcarol, we thought that one of the most interesting posts was yours, which we quoted above.  We were not previously aware of the situation being so unhealthy/dangerous at Celebrity's embarkation point.  Thank you for pointing this out.  Here is the CDC's current advisory to reconsider travel to Sint Maarten:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-sint-maarten

Here is a graph and some statistics, showing that little Sint M [population <41,000] has had over 2,500 CoViD-19 cases and 31 deaths in 15 months.  (This page's search box can easily be modified to look at any other nation):

https://www.google.com/search?q=graph+covid-19+cases+in+sint+maarten&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

We look forward to learning how the current controversy will turn out.  It is nice to know that the two (possibly infected) individuals are feeling well and that there may have been no further spread of the disease.  [We are especially glad that Ashley Kosciolek did not get infected while on the same excursion with the two quarantined people.]

We would be interested in this kind of situation, regardless of cruise line or ship, but we cannot help focusing on this specific one, since the Millennium was our first ship, many years ago.

Edited by jg51
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kathy49 said:

that is crazy way to operate....just crazy.

This is actually a BRILLIANT way to home port out of Florida. This brilliant way of conducting business skirts around what our Florida governor's ban to require proof of vaccination.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

This  is not correct,  the U.K. chose to extend the dose interval from 3 weeks to 12 weeks to cover people more quickly in the vulnerable groups. This strategy proved very effective and actually significantly improved the efficacy of the AZ vaccine. They also extended the dose interval of the Pfizer vaccine to 12 weeks also with improved efficacy. Both vaccines are working very effectively especially in view of the increase we currently have of the Delta variant, with very few fully vaccinated people testing positive or becoming hospitalised.  

I'm interested only in the mRNA vaccines as myself and my entire family are vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine. Just curious......you say the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine has "improved efficacy" with the 12 weeks interval between the two doses. What is the efficacy of the vaccine with this longer interval between doses? Thanks.

8 hours ago, taxiang said:

Yes. 100% vaxxed

Not from what has been reported on this thread. 8 are children, not of eligible age to be vaccinated. This cruise has been said to be "more than 95% vaccinated". To me, IMHO, that should NOT be labeled "100% vaccinated" although it seems some of the media is reporting it that way.

• Like 1