Elation swapped out for Magic

cmukid87

24 minutes ago, Eskylady said:

Hmm. Well, I have a September 10, 2022 booking on the Magic out of New York. So...I guess things are going to continue to change on an ongoing basis. Such fun. 🙂

Looking at the booking engine, it appears Magic is going to spend a bit of Spring and Fall in Norfolk, then summer in NY, and return to PC for the winters through summer 2023.  Dancing of the Ships indeed!

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yes, we're booked on Magic for Dec 2022.

The point being made is long term =/= permanent.  Cruise ships never (AFAIK) stay permanently out of a single port their whole lifetime - Magic will eventually get moved somewhere else, probably multiple times, and then eventually she will be sold off.  The Dancing of the Ships.

I understand in my 39 cruises on 27 different Carnival ships many have been sold or moved.  However all the Magic cruises available to be booked are out of Port Canaveral. That may change but so does life.  You can always put enough disclaimers on anything to make a statement true.

36 minutes ago, Pete Cruise said:

I understand in my 39 cruises on 27 different Carnival ships many have been sold or moved.  However all the Magic cruises available to be booked are out of Port Canaveral. That may change but so does life.  You can always put enough disclaimers on anything to make a statement true.

See my post above.  Magic sails out of NY and Norfolk in the Spring and Summer and Fall of 2022 and 2023.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 1:24 PM, Scurvy Seadog said:

Magic will be permanently homeported at Port Canaveral. That was already planned, it's just happening a few months earlier. Elation will likely be back in service after 10/07.

You will be very happy with the Magic!

• Like 1

We got our new room assignments yesterday and they showed up on the website just now.

As I stated before, they are doing the accessible rooms first.

We are very happy with our room assignments. No upgrade in cabin, but a better deck. We are now on the Lido deck which makes cruising with a wheelchair a LOT easier. No elevators needed to eat or go out for a quick ice cream.

• Like 2

Our new cabin assignment just showed up also. Porthole to porthole, which is good. The portholes are larger on Magic than Elation, so glad to have the sofa. Also happy to see we are gong to Half Moon Cay instead of Princess Cay! We've done both, but really love Half Moon Cay more.

• Like 2

Received our new cabin on the Magic, after swapped with Elation. But it also states in the booking and order detail, that we have to pay $660.00  more. When we had the Elation booking, I had paid it in

full, so this was a surprise,  It also says we have to pay it by Jun 21.  Also, when I had the Elation

booking , I had purchased the FTTF. Then we received the email about the ship swap, and the next

day received an email stating that I had canceled the FTTF. I did not cancel it, they must have, but

in the email when they changed the ships, they stated that everything was going to be transfered

to the new booking on the Magic, including any excursions that were purchased. So do not 

understand why they would have canceled it. Called this evening and talked to someone there,

but they could not tell me why there was a price increase, said I had to talk to someone tomorrow

so will have to see what is going on.

I am booked on this in August (was on the Elation, now the Magic).  I haven't received an email previously about my new room assignment, but logged in today just to look and it does show the new room on the Magic.

My question is this: what is a reasonable deck change?  On the Elation, we were on the Upper deck.  The Elation looks like the bottom four decks are the primary room decks (with just some suites on Verandah and Grand, of course).  So, Upper deck on the Elation is the 3rd deck from the bottom.  I picked this room specifically so that it would be surrounded by other rooms and not right under a show/stage area.  Our reservation is for a "6C Oceanview."

On the Magic, we have been assigned to Deck 2 -- right below the Showtime Theater (which is Decks 3-5).  Now, based on the color, it appears to be a "6M Deluxe Ocean View" -- so maybe it is a proper/fair room change?

I guess I'm just a little bothered because it is such a low deck and right below the stage -- which I specifically tried to avoid on the Elation.  But, again, if it is the equivalent room and that is where they happen to be on the Magic, then I guess that is what I should have.  On the Magic, are all of the Oceanviews on Deck 6 and higher ones with balconies?  I'm trying to tell from the map, but I have trouble matching up some of the colors to know for sure.  🙂

Just thought I'd ask here to see if it was worth trying to make a change.  Or if it isn't even possible if no such room exists on a higher deck and I'd have to move to a balcony to be on a deck higher than 2.

Edited by JohnMI

9 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

Received our new cabin on the Magic, after swapped with Elation. But it also states in the booking and order detail, that we have to pay $660.00  more. When we had the Elation booking, I had paid it in

full, so this was a surprise,  It also says we have to pay it by Jun 21.  Also, when I had the Elation

booking , I had purchased the FTTF. Then we received the email about the ship swap, and the next

day received an email stating that I had canceled the FTTF. I did not cancel it, they must have, but

in the email when they changed the ships, they stated that everything was going to be transfered

to the new booking on the Magic, including any excursions that were purchased. So do not 

understand why they would have canceled it. Called this evening and talked to someone there,

but they could not tell me why there was a price increase, said I had to talk to someone tomorrow

so will have to see what is going on.

I don't see any way they can justify a price increase if they chose to switch ships.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnMI said:

I am booked on this in August (was on the Elation, now the Magic).  I haven't received an email previously about my new room assignment, but logged in today just to look and it does show the new room on the Magic.

My question is this: what is a reasonable deck change?  On the Elation, we were on the Upper deck.  The Elation looks like the bottom four decks are the primary room decks (with just some suites on Verandah and Grand, of course).  So, Upper deck on the Elation is the 3rd deck from the bottom.  I picked this room specifically so that it would be surrounded by other rooms and not right under a show/stage area.  Our reservation is for a "6C Oceanview."

On the Magic, we have been assigned to Deck 2 -- right below the Showtime Theater (which is Decks 3-5).  Now, based on the color, it appears to be a "6M Deluxe Ocean View" -- so maybe it is a proper/fair room change?

I guess I'm just a little bothered because it is such a low deck and right below the stage -- which I specifically tried to avoid on the Elation.  But, again, if it is the equivalent room and that is where they happen to be on the Magic, then I guess that is what I should have.  On the Magic, are all of the Oceanviews on Deck 6 and higher ones with balconies?  I'm trying to tell from the map, but I have trouble matching up some of the colors to know for sure.  🙂

Just thought I'd ask here to see if it was worth trying to make a change.  Or if it isn't even possible if no such room exists on a higher deck and I'd have to move to a balcony to be on a deck higher than 2.

From what we were told, final announcements would be posted by June 17th. If you have a problem you should call them immediately because after June 21 if any changes are made they will be charged normal fees for those changes.

Probably wouldn't hurt to call them. I think they are giving us those few days for this exact reason. They can't read our minds and are doing what looks good on paper. That might not be what looks good for us.

11 hours ago, JohnMI said:

Our reservation is for a "6C Oceanview."

I don't know if it matters to you, but I believe the Deluxe Ocean View on the Magic has 2 washrooms.  It's a big deal to my GF because it has a tub that makes shaving so much easier for her, plus she can do hair and makeup in the 2nd washroom if I'm steaming up the shower.

August itineraries are live for Magic.  Already have my booking done for our preferred cabin.  It will be 28 months since we last sailed when we step foot onboard and that is just far too long.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:47 AM, firefly333 said:

Lol. Can ya all uber it between ports? Where will elation go?

I do love a good mystery. (Hopefully the last page remains intact so we can see where or on which ship this story ends.) ;o)

1 hour ago, cmukid87 said:

August itineraries are live for Magic.  Already have my booking done for our preferred cabin.  It will be 28 months since we last sailed when we step foot onboard and that is just far too long.

Yep!

I put a hold on a cabin this morning for a cruise in early Sept, then found a better cabin (and price!) on the same sailing, got the hold switched to that so I can confirm with my wife.  Cruising again sooner than we had planned, hopefully!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JohnMI said:

I would try for a cabin not below a public venue with night time activity unless you are a really sound sleeper.  I've been in a cabin below the theater and it was definitely not to my liking as not only are there night time performances but also daytime practice.  Things may have changed but you might research your other alternatives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cmukid87 said:

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yep!

I put a hold on a cabin this morning for a cruise in early Sept, then found a better cabin (and price!) on the same sailing, got the hold switched to that so I can confirm with my wife.  Cruising again sooner than we had planned, hopefully!

Thank you!  We were able to move from the Sunrise on August 19 to the Magic on August 12 (still in a 4J) for a difference of only $45.  We had the Magic or Breeze booked and then canceled four times during the pandemic, really happy to have it booked again!

Just to follow up on this -- when the August itineraries went live, I checked and it was actually cheaper for me to move to a balcony room over what I had before.  So, I called and got it swapped -- paid less money and moved from Deck to to Deck 10 (Lido) and a balcony!  Nice!  🙂

On 6/11/2021 at 11:19 AM, cmukid87 said:

I almost pulled the trigger yesterday morning on a sailing on Elation out of Port Canaveral.  Then yesterday evening Carnival releases a statement about Magic coming to Canaveral to replace Elation and take those itineraries.  I'm pretty excited about that.....BUT....how soon should I expect to see those as a booking option?  I've been refreshing the website like a true addict and nothing shows for Magic in August!

Crazy stuff going on with the Magic.  I just yesterday put a hold on the August 21st sailing. I did see many Magic sailings on the website.  

I hear from one cruise blogger that it is sailing in August, and from another one that it will not resume sailing until November.  I’m not sure I’m going to confirm that sailing without more clarity.  

Edited by caugh51654