Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Who know right now when they start back up, but normally, yes.  There is one dining room designated for YTD and they still do the song and dance (which IMHO they could have done away with a long time ago).  If you see it or not just happens to work out if they do it while you are there or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Generally one of the dining rooms is designated for YTD but there will be fixed time diners in there as well.  Whether you see the show depends totally on the time you show up for dinner.

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Would someone be kind enough to describe this "show"?

Vista will have at least 2 dining rooms for anytime dining. Not one. It's a larger ship. We had two.

 

Hmmm I can hum some of the songs and see it in my mind but not sure I know the names of songs. Picture you are about to take a bite of that cheesecake and the lights dim and waiters start jumping on clearing tables or line up and music starts like margarena?  And napkins are willing in the air and people are clapping and some get up to dance with the waiters. .. maybe it's something you have to see. I'm singing low low low ... like the kroger commercial ..that's a song they dance to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shows are kind of cheesy lol!  I have enjoyed them for sometimes, but to be honest it is more annoying than entertaining.  They will line up down the isles and sing and dance, sometimes in little costumes of some kind.  Also some will be up on serving podiums, stairs, etc. dancing and singing.

 

Guest sometimes join in and dance, twirl their napkins, etc.

 

These guys are working so hard to get food served to all these people and then they have to stop what they are doing and participate.  Just let them do their job and save the entertainment for the other venues IMHO

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Would someone be kind enough to describe this "show"?

 

Think Disneyland and eating at the character meeting restaurants. Napkin parade pretty much.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Yikes! With any kind of luck they will be elsewhere while we are in the MDR.

 

It's pretty quick and you don't have to participate if you're disinclined. It's not that big of a deal. It's just something to help pump up the energy. I got some great video of my mom boogieing down with Sebastian and other dining staff on Panorama..lol. It's not a long drawn out affair. Much much quicker than the Disneyland character meals as those are meant for the little ones and they love it.   

Edited by cruisingguy007
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Yikes! With any kind of luck they will be elsewhere while we are in the MDR.

Well it might just be for regular dining not anytime. I think you are spared. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Well it might just be for regular dining not anytime. I think you are spared. Lol

 

I only do anytime dining and they definitely do it then. It could depend on when you sit down to eat but I've seen it at every dinner (except one). I believe they do it a few times throughout the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally enjoy the MDR entertainment because it seems the waiters really enjoy it.

 

That said, not imperative that I see it on my next cruise as I’ve seen it before.  Going with YTD for the first time ever (like the OP) because I’m traveling with a friend in November on Carnival Sensation out of Mobile, who really wants do dine at 7...so the main seating times don’t work for her.  

 

I’m actually excited to try the YTD to see if I like it, and whether or not I should pick it for my longer upcoming Panama Canal cruise of the Carnival Freedom next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

 

Vista will have at least 2 dining rooms for anytime dining. Not one. It's a larger ship. We had two.

 

Hmmm I can hum some of the songs and see it in my mind but not sure I know the names of songs. Picture you are about to take a bite of that cheesecake and the lights dim and waiters start jumping on clearing tables or line up and music starts like margarena?  And napkins are willing in the air and people are clapping and some get up to dance with the waiters. .. maybe it's something you have to see. I'm singing low low low ... like the kroger commercial ..that's a song they dance to.

 

Edited by Bevv
Link does not seem to work and I cannot delete
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bevv said:

 

Thanks Bevv! I needed that! And the link worked perfectly for me.  Here's to happier times. 🥂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most ships you can use the Carnival mobile app to make YTD reservations. It's so easy and you can do it from anywhere on the ship. When you get ready to make the reservation request,it will tell you approximately how long the wait is,ie: 10-15 minutes,25-30 minutes,etc. Obviously Dress up night is a longer wait. You'll get a text when your table is ready,and it will actually let you know the location and table#. Sometimes I'll request it while I'm in the cabin getting ready, sometimes we're at a bar for pre-dinner drinks and we'll make the request there. One of the best technology advances on Carnival!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Most ships you can use the Carnival mobile app to make YTD reservations. It's so easy and you can do it from anywhere on the ship. When you get ready to make the reservation request,it will tell you approximately how long the wait is,ie: 10-15 minutes,25-30 minutes,etc. Obviously Dress up night is a longer wait. You'll get a text when your table is ready,and it will actually let you know the location and table#. Sometimes I'll request it while I'm in the cabin getting ready, sometimes we're at a bar for pre-dinner drinks and we'll make the request there. One of the best technology advances on Carnival!

 

This sounds wonderful! Thanks for the tip on using the app for YTD!  My husband hates to wait so was a little leery about not having a set time for dining this trip; this will really help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

My goodness! I used to think this was so cheesy. Haven't realized I actually missed this show!

And that last song, the last cruise night? Tears every single time....

The saddest song, since we have to leave the ship next day. can't wait to get back and hear

it again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 1:15 PM, wemjam said:

Who know right now when they start back up, but normally, yes.  There is one dining room designated for YTD and they still do the song and dance (which IMHO they could have done away with a long time ago).  If you see it or not just happens to work out if they do it while you are there or not.

Agree!😝

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, kwokpot said:

Most ships you can use the Carnival mobile app to make YTD reservations. It's so easy and you can do it from anywhere on the ship. When you get ready to make the reservation request,it will tell you approximately how long the wait is,ie: 10-15 minutes,25-30 minutes,etc. Obviously Dress up night is a longer wait. You'll get a text when your table is ready,and it will actually let you know the location and table#. Sometimes I'll request it while I'm in the cabin getting ready, sometimes we're at a bar for pre-dinner drinks and we'll make the request there. One of the best technology advances on Carnival!

I hope the Carnival Valor has this option. I have already downloaded the HUB app, but see nothing there about dining reservations, but then our cruise is still 6 months from now.

 

Doug

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I hope the Carnival Valor has this option. I have already downloaded the HUB app, but see nothing there about dining reservations, but then our cruise is still 6 months from now.

 

Doug

 

The full app doesn't work until you are on board and connected to the ships intranet. Dinning selection can be made anytime after booking, the earlier the better.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

 

The full app doesn't work until you are on board and connected to the ships intranet. Dinning selection can be made anytime after booking, the earlier the better.   

Ah,  excellent information, thanks.

 

Doug

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

inning selection can be made anytime after booking, the earlier the better.   

By that the poster means either Early, Late, or Your Time Dining. If You choose your time Dining pre-reservations cannot be made until you're on board. You also can't make a standing reservation for the whole cruise, in other words you can't request 7:15 for all the days of the cruise. You need to make each nights reservation that evening. The previous statements all apply to Your Time Dining.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

By that the poster means either Early, Late, or Your Time Dining. If You choose your time Dining pre-reservations cannot be made until you're on board. You also can't make a standing reservation for the whole cruise, in other words you can't request 7:15 for all the days of the cruise. You need to make each nights reservation that evening. The previous statements all apply to Your Time Dining.  

Helpful,  thanks. On many ships I was able to switch from Late Traditional to Early Traditional (or vice veersa) by speaking with the M'd ASAP after boarding. But I cannot remember if that was Carnival or not. I sometimes was not able to switch, but generally found that speaking to the M'd resulted in something I wanted, such as a better (IMO) table, etc. IOW, it never hurts to ask. 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...