Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How do they know what an advanced flow rider looks like?

Why not get inline...okay they give you the board and then you go at it.........then ut oh...........guess I'm not advanced. Oh well I still got my ride on the flow rider.

Think it's silly they are not giving everyone a shot at it who wants to try it.

Advanced riders can self load and require no assistance from the crew.  I guess on could, try but in all honesty a newbie doing that is practically impossible.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

And how do some of you actually know the flow rider's names.........wow...that's kind of scary.......like a stalker.  lol

Nick is a Pinnacle flow rider, who used to do Periscopes from the ships.  He is also a member the a Social media group about riding on RC ships and other groups about C&A.  If you are a rider you know who he is without ever meeting him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's only for standup flow rider they did that help thing........You lay down on it, there is no helping of anykind............you can just wipe out unassisted.

They still help first time boogie boarders, even though it is much easier than stand-up.

Sorry for the thread "steal" Bird.  Hopefully it has been a great sea day so far.

• Thanks 1

I have been looking forward to the reduced crowds, but it is starting to seem almost eerie to see no one in so many pictures.  Does it affect the general ambiance of the ship or your enjoyment of the cruise?  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Nick is a Pinnacle flow rider, who used to do Periscopes from the ships.  He is also a member the a Social media group about riding on RC ships and other groups about C&A.  If you are a rider you know who he is without ever meeting him.

Wow alot of info, does he get paid to perform? Will this be an Olympic event this summer?

37 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I am so glad it is there for people that want them and are will to spend the $$.  I am perfectly content on Chill Beach with my lounger and soaking up the sun and $0 extra cost.

I think you are right.  The free beach is beautiful and as far as being able to have lobster, we are from New England.  I won’t say no to lobster night but it doesn’t come close to sitting in a picnic table on the dock while your just caught lobster gets steamed.  I think I will follow your advice and save my $$

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have been looking forward to the reduced crowds, but it is starting to seem almost eerie to see no one in so many pictures.  Does it affect the general ambiance of the ship or your enjoyment of the cruise?  

I have done many live posts and they are never anyone on them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I have done many live posts and they are never anyone on them. 

It would be interesting to see the reduced crowds.😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's only for standup flow rider they did that help thing........You lay down on it, there is no helping of anykind............you can just wipe out unassisted.

That would seem to be the fun part.. I hope to get to find out on the Allure this Sept.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cracker55 said:

FA89D6B1-25DF-4355-A4D6-E582F7A77BCF.jpeg

Going by the attire, it must be formal night.  Judging by the vacant tables in the background, one can see the difference that low ship capacity brings.  Makes sense to why the WJ is closed for dinner.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Internet is bad tonight. Must be blockage. 

Good Night - tomorrow is a sea day. 

The ship is gently rocking tonight. A wonderful feeling. 

This is what I cannot wait for... the motion. I sleep so well when the ship is rocking.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Library encourages the use of touch less reading. 
A206BA91-D8E8-4308-8E7C-55F8E5919791.thumb.jpeg.c990842b598e6e2f1e23b7e11f2652af.jpeg

39AEEB7B-B968-42DC-9D98-A1D5397BB7ED.jpeg

Do they provide eBooks?  I’m guessing not.

Edited by logan25
Add text

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Well it is time to plan our disembarkation already. You need to pay attention in the post-pandemic cruise world because there are new requirements. Those who didn’t immediately schedule a Covid test found out that they were sold out on the sea day and needed to be onboard while in Freeport to be tested. Now, there is a requirement to schedule your disembarkation. 

47559460-A2D9-44AC-B8D5-D6952FA46AD9.jpeg

9DB36A74-9C2B-4424-945F-AEA5BAB9EE01.thumb.jpeg.3e9bfa707623f8daed9406921d290c1f.jpegE42CAA89-3B26-4D4B-976F-CD4C9FB78B52.thumb.jpeg.f2927c261b325b976718b1b1f0dab7a6.jpeg69E4FF50-C765-4F86-818F-BFAF4517BF1E.thumb.jpeg.f8323e3ff4f8907762940d23d9f9a965.jpeg426A3E69-BF02-49F1-A95B-4804F389BFBA.thumb.jpeg.3c52b764c7ef33adbf2cbb473fb3aa2f.jpeg

First time we have booked with Air2Sea, so glad I did

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Next Cruise is busy booking more cruises now that guests feel confident and safe with our Adventure cruise. D9560F2B-FC5E-4ED1-9993-A287F9EA88FB.thumb.jpeg.4dc9e4013e18287e1ed1652cd90a88fd.jpeg

But they encourage touchless brochures 

F6287A1E-0FBC-44DF-9C86-1E694B48188F.jpeg

that makes sense to avoid putting the brochures on display but I always like to review the paper itineraries.    I will miss them and hopefully they will return again someday soon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You still need to schedule your departure. 

not according to what I saw.  It says if you booked through Royal you do not need to do it.  Has that changed???

6 minutes ago, poocher said:

You have to come north & try fresh Maine cold water lobster.  Nothing like it👍

Agreed.  Loved the lobster pounds up there! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, karena1 said:

here is what I saw.  47559460-A2D9-44AC-B8D5-D6952FA46AD9.jpeg.84b137995b457c9874d8e2cfe3763fe3.jpeg

I would interpret that as people who booked directly, not using a travel agent, do not need to complete the form. I'm guessing I'm wrong though? Confusing.

2 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I would interpret that as people who booked directly, not using a travel agent, do not need to complete the form. I'm guessing I'm wrong though? Confusing.

Booking Air2Sea is considered booking travel through Royal IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

It sounds me that if you book your flights through Royal (Air2Sea), you don't have to complete it--they will already know your flight info.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

that makes sense to avoid putting the brochures on display but I always like to review the paper itineraries.    I will miss them and hopefully they will return again someday soon. 

There is absolute no reason (Covid related) to remove them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Booking Air2Sea is considered booking travel through Royal IMO.

Gotcha. Wouldn't it be better to say "if you've booked your air travel home through Royal's Air2Sea program..."

Just now, Jasukkie said:

Gotcha. Wouldn't it be better to say "if you've booked your air travel home through Royal's Air2Sea program..."

Yes but that would make sense! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2