When do you provide proof of vaccination

npb

Just checked in for July 24 Edge, but there was no place to scan in our cards.  There is a wellness check to complete the day before the cruise, but that seems a little late to determine vaccination status.

It may be too early to early to upload the vaccine.

Did you look at check in on the app to see if your info is there and if the ability to scan your vax info is there.  We don’t cruise until Oct so way to early for us to check-I .

The latest notice (and the process from last week in St. Maarten) is that they will check your vaccination card at the port, since they want to see the actual card and not a picture or photocopy.

The main question is going to be on the upcoming Edge cruises, if they can't work things out with the new law that was passed there. But essentially, Celebrity has been pretty upfront saying that their cruises require the passenger to be vaccinated 14 days before sailing, so it's on the passenger to make sure they comply before getting to port, otherwise they'll be turned away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:40 PM, gauchotex said:

... they want to see the actual card and not a picture or photocopy.

This is exactly what I was assuming. It's way too easy to fake just about anything these days, especially in digital format.

We have checked in on the app. We have received our boarding cards on the app. Cruising on Edge on August 7th. I found no indication with relation to vaccine cards. I certainly hope that vaccine cards are required to board the ship. I know the problems with the Florida law. However, we have been assured by Celebrity that 95% of passengers must be vaccinated. Celebrity must live up to this commitment. 
s

• Like 3

On 6/12/2021 at 4:40 PM, gauchotex said:

The latest notice (and the process from last week in St. Maarten) is that they will check your vaccination card at the port, since they want to see the actual card and not a picture or photocopy.

The main question is going to be on the upcoming Edge cruises, if they can't work things out with the new law that was passed there. But essentially, Celebrity has been pretty upfront saying that their cruises require the passenger to be vaccinated 14 days before sailing, so it's on the passenger to make sure they comply before getting to port, otherwise they'll be turned away.

That is not the correct interpretation of the law, the law does not say that vaccine status cannot be checked, it just says it cannot be required for entry or service.  Here is the section from the bill:

1326         381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.—
 1327         (1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include
 1328  any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or
 1329  customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19
 1330  vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry
 1331  upon, or service from the business operations in this state.
 1332  This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from
 1333  instituting screening protocols in accordance with state or
 1334  federal law to protect public health.

Celebrity says if you choose not to share your status they will consider you un-vaccinated and put you in the 5% pool.  If you do share you go in the 95 % pool.  Celebrity is clearing meeting the requirements of the law and the CDC sailing guidelines.  

We were told we will show at port for our 7/3 sailing, and you will do the health screening on the app the day before departure.  

Not what is unclear is what they will do once they hit the 5% cap, I assume people will be turned away, which will be entertaining to watch if you ask me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

From what I've read (and personally experienced), I can check in to my 7/31 Edge sailing, but am only allowed to do the health questionnaire the day before sailing according to the app.  My take is that's when they will ask if you have proof of Vaccine.  If you answer "yes", they'll ask you to upload it.  If you answer "no" they'll give you another set of instructions (probably regarding the enhanced testing procedures, masking and distancing requirements).  I don't think there will be many who will sail unvaccinated due to the additional testing costs and mask requirements.

But, by then, they'll know the percentages.  If the 5% gets entirely taken, any subsequent passengers would be "bumped" like they do with airline flights that are overbooked.  I'm sure they'll get a refund for their cruise fare, but it's not like they wouldn't have had plenty of warning about what's happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, colliece said:

We were told we will show at port for our 7/3 sailing, and you will do the health screening on the app the day before departure. 

Wonder if you don't choose to use the app?

Celebrity has said they are working on an app update to upload vaccine docs but that it will not be available for the first cruises. More updates to come. The app check-in process for today looks no different than any other cruise we've had in the past year fews. You just can't complete the health questionnaire until the day before the cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We have checked in on the app. We have received our boarding cards on the app. Cruising on Edge on August 7th. I found no indication with relation to vaccine cards. I certainly hope that vaccine cards are required to board the ship. I know the problems with the Florida law. However, we have been assured by Celebrity that 95% of passengers must be vaccinated. Celebrity must live up to this commitment. 
s

Celebrity must live up to that commitment, if they are sailing under the CDC 95% vaccination level, and have not done test cruises. if they have done test cruises and gotten their protocols approved by the CDC without the 95% level the commitment is no more binding than any other cruise line comment, as covered by the cruise contract.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I understand I can use the app.. My dh not so much....

I wonder if the app will allow me to check-in for both of us.. I kinda doubt it

You definitely can. You can also add both Xpress Passes onto one phone. 

• Like 1

When I booked, two days ago, I told them that DH and I were vaccinated and had proof.

The invoice I received has a new line under both our names under all the discounts and packages: VACCINATED: YES

Was also told during a conversation about this that you can volunteer any info you want and it will be noted.

• Like 1

DW and I will have no problem providing valid proof of C19 vaccination. We will arrive at the cruise terminal with a full place setting of silverware firmly attached to our bodies. This, of course is because of the magnetic isotopes that entered our blood stream along with the vaccine. Airport security should be fun but at least I do not have to take off my belt. And on dinner flights, no plasticware for us.

We can't decide between Arthur Prince and Christofle Paris. Don't need additional stress to get back to cruising.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

DW and I will have no problem providing valid proof of C19 vaccination. We will arrive at the cruise terminal with a full place setting of silverware firmly attached to our bodies. This, of course is because of the magnetic isotopes that entered our blood stream along with the vaccine. Airport security should be fun but at least I do not have to take off my belt. And on dinner flights, no plasticware for us.

We can't decide between Arthur Prince and Christofle Paris. Don't need additional stress to get back to cruising.

But how's your 5G?  That's going to save you fortune on ship to shore calls.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2