How to Expedite Diamond Plus?

I have 2 upcoming cruises booked, 4 days apart. I will be Diamond Plus after the first cruise, and would like my status updated for the second.

I spoke to multiple people at Crown and Anchor and was told conflicting information by different agents:

• Impossible to recognize D+ on the second cruise, it takes 2 weeks to process
    OR
  • I need to CALL C&A after the first cruise and talk to an agent. However I will be in Europe and he did not know the phone number to call. He was clear there was NO email address.
    OR
  • Email the loyalty email (that she provided). This is the best way, do not call
    OR
  • Talk to the loyalty ambassador on the first cruise, but they likely can't do anything since the cruise needs to be completed
    OR
  • Talk to the loyalty ambassador on the second cruise, but that may take many days to validate, and will only go through by the end of the cruise.

No joke, I was told all of the above. I am wondering if anyone has gone through this and how they achieved? I am thinking about doing a combination of the last 3...

We told the loyalty ambassador on first cruise.  When we got our boarding cards, it still said Diamond.  Went to guest services and it had been changed.  They gave us a new card with Diamond Plus.

Talk to the LA on board during the first cruise. That way they can validate your C&A points before the first cruise ends. In reality, the only sure way to get your status upgraded for the second leg is through the LA. Once the second leg starts, go back to the LA and thank them. Helps the rest of us when we ask them for something “off the grid”.

14 minutes ago, Dett said:

We told the loyalty ambassador on first cruise.  When we got our boarding cards, it still said Diamond.  Went to guest services and it had been changed.  They gave us a new card with Diamond Plus.

Same here

BC (before COVID), whether or not D+ could access a CL was ship-dependent and sometimes even cruise-dependent.  For the most part, D+ have been excluded from the CL in the recent past.

It has been rumored that D+ will NOT have access to any CL once cruising resumes.  While nobody knows for sure YET, I would certainly NOT count on having access to anything other than the DL.

There are a few perks that will become available to you on your second cruise...namely a free bag of laundry (assuming your cruise is 5 nights or more) and a DBP discount.

Are you sailing on the same ship or is your second ship different from the first ?  Either way, I would pay BOTH of your Loyalty Ambassadors a visit to see if you can get something expedited.

Good luck !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador when you get onboard for the second one and they will take care of it for you

Agree, my Daughter did this when she got hers. Got mine on B3B LA contacted me on first Cruise wanting award it to me at Upper Tier Gathering, she even had me update my Card then but that was years ago. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Cmackdaddy said:

You need to explain that to RCCL then. We have had access to the Concierge lounges on every ship we've been on that had them.

Usually yes....but there have been certain cruises that D+ weren't allowed...so it can vary. 

I don't think there's going to be this misunderstanding as more than likely there will be no more CL.

Sad about that it was always nice to have the option of DL/CL and on some ships we preferred the DL...now I'm just going to book suites....problem solved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador when you get onboard for the second one and they will take care of it for you

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Talk with the LA before the end of your first cruise. 

Best advise.  I also suggest you take the sea pass card from the first cruise to show to the second LA.

Enjoy any new benefits.
M

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, my Daughter did this when she got hers. Got mine on B3B LA contacted me on first Cruise wanting award it to me at Upper Tier Gathering, she even had me update my Card then but that was years ago. 

easy  if the passenger is on the  same ship for consecutive cruises.  The OP mentioned the old and new LA so perhaps different ships.  And even if the same ship, LA could leave in-between the 2 cruises.   

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doubt that will happen.  Pins have already been told that they won't have access to the suite lounge.  can't see D+ and up being let into a CL 

Now -  that would be  HILARIOUS!!!!!    We sailed a few ships in late 2019 and early 2020 with a CL( Brilliance & Rhapsody),   and D+ were not  permitted access.  

M

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doubt that will happen.  Pins have already been told that they won't have access to the suite lounge.  can't see D+ and up being let into a CL 

Will be interesting to see if that becomes permanent.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

easy  if the passenger is on the  same ship for consecutive cruises.  The OP mentioned the old and new LA so perhaps different ships.  And even if the same ship, LA could leave in-between the 2 cruises.   

True, but on New Ship let LA know, can approve new Card with new status. After run down get it, it's how I did it.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Will be interesting to see if that becomes permanent.

Let's hope so.  I know I have not been alone in complaining about the over crowding in the suite lounges due to what is often large numbers of non-suite guests.  If Royal wants to continue to sell a premium product, they need to address this issue.

• Thanks 1