Jump to content

Cruise booked.....a few questions


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I'm trying wrap my head around what to wear to dinner. I've watched a view videos and never saw any men in a jacket or sports coat. In fact the person doing the tour said no jackets or sport coats are needed.  Per Oceania web site it looks like jackets are requested? Some people say no jackets require some say they are. I'm planning on wearing dockers or khaki for pants and either a polo or button dress shirt and dress ish shoes. I'm not planning on taking a jacket, not on a southern caribbean cruise. 

 

Wear one if you like  not required

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Jackets are not required, but some men chose to wear them occasionally in the specialty restaurants.  What you describe would be the norm, even for a non-Caribbean cruise.

 

 

Thanks All!   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t worry. Even if you don’t make online reservations, you can do it on the ship. They hold back space which is intended for people who don’t use computers or forget to book.  On longer cruise, b2b, we make reservations for the first cruise. Then we wait and make other reservations later in the trip. Never had a problem.  If you are flexible, you can get a reservation in the specialty restaurants.  Food on Oceania is excellent wherever you eat.  We love the GDR and the Terrace Buffet.  The buffet serves the same menu as the GDR plus grilled meat and fish. Love lobster, eat in the Buffet.  You can also dine outside.  That is especially good in warmer places with scenery.  A memorable dinner was outside in Alaska.  Ate while watching the gorgeous mountains.  Table service is good everywhere.  Just relax and enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 2:18 PM, Laszlo said:

My wife and I just book the January 28th 10 day on the Riviera. When can you book excursions and restaurants?

 

Thanks

 

On 6/12/2021 at 2:25 PM, LHT28 said:

excursions  when they are available  online

 Specialty restaurants it depends on what cabin cat you are in

 see

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

 

The date should be on your invoice

It is not clear to me the date that Speciality restaurant reservation are available.  The date is not listed on my TA invoice.  When would reservations be allowed for a January 14, 2022 in the higher level suites?

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Food on Oceania is excellent wherever you eat.  We love the GDR and the Terrace Buffet.  The buffet serves the same menu as the GDR plus grilled meat and fish. Love lobster, eat in the Buffet.  You can also dine outside.  That is especially good in warmer places with scenery.  A memorable dinner was outside in Alaska.  Ate while watching the gorgeous mountains.  Table service is good everywhere.  Just relax and enjoy.

+1!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

 

It is not clear to me the date that Speciality restaurant reservation are available.  The date is not listed on my TA invoice.  When would reservations be allowed for a January 14, 2022 in the higher level suites?

 

Thanks

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477713-When-can-I-make-reservations-in-the-specialty-restaurant-

 

You might also find it in your Oceania online account  under the restaurant tab

 

Make sure you log in & add the cruise to  your BOOKED CRUISES

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I'm trying wrap my head around what to wear to dinner. I've watched a view videos and never saw any men in a jacket or sports coat. In fact the person doing the tour said no jackets or sport coats are needed.  Per Oceania web site it looks like jackets are requested? Some people say no jackets require some say they are. I'm planning on wearing dockers or khaki for pants and either a polo or button dress shirt and dress ish shoes. I'm not planning on taking a jacket, not on a southern caribbean cruise. 

Hi Laszlo,

 

My husband just wears travel pants, the ones with pockets that look pretty nice. He has a tan pair and a gray pair and thats it, along with a few easy traveling button down shirts (no tucking). You will see a range of clothing. Comfort is key.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, khuselid said:

Hi Laszlo,

 

My husband just wears travel pants, the ones with pockets that look pretty nice. He has a tan pair and a gray pair and thats it, along with a few easy traveling button down shirts (no tucking). You will see a range of clothing. Comfort is key.

Great! And thank you..... I laughed out loud this morning when I was reading some comments about dress code on Oceania. I found a few comments from people who said your not allowed to where a bathing suite while having lunch at "Waves Grill" Its outside on the pool deck as far as I can tell, are you suppose to go back to your cabin and change Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Great! And thank you..... I laughed out loud this morning when I was reading some comments about dress code on Oceania. I found a few comments from people who said your not allowed to where a bathing suite while having lunch at "Waves Grill" Its outside on the pool deck as far as I can tell, are you suppose to go back to your cabin and change Lol

I think the idea is to have a coverup so that the seats, which are also used by non-swimming pax, aren't soaked.  It's more than just a pool venue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1985rz1 said:

I think the idea is to have a coverup so that the seats, which are also used by non-swimming pax, aren't soaked.  It's more than just a pool venue.

I understand what your saying, but the whole comment on it was pretty funny

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I found a few comments from people who said your not allowed to where a bathing suite while having lunch at "Waves Grill" Its outside on the pool deck as far as I can tell, are you suppose to go back to your cabin and change Lol

How does one wear a  bathing SUITE ?  😉

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

How does one wear a  bathing SUITE ?  😉

 

 

 

 

Lol, so much for typing from a phone

Link to post
Share on other sites

On our last cruise, December, 2019, each morning a man and woman breakfasted in the Terrace Cafe in sweats & rubber flip flops. The same, very well used (not particularly clean looking) outfits each morning. On that same journey, another man wore a skin tight Harley Davidson t-shirt each day. The shirts were clean and different from time to time, not sure if he changed when dining at a specialty restaurant. The other 670 guests were dressed more as the Oceania brochures’ photos. 😊Perhaps country club casual has a broader definition than I thought… 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

On our last cruise, December, 2019, each morning a man and woman breakfasted in the Terrace Cafe in sweats & rubber flip flops. The same, very well used (not particularly clean looking) outfits each morning. On that same journey, another man wore a skin tight Harley Davidson t-shirt each day. The shirts were clean and different from time to time, not sure if he changed when dining at a specialty restaurant. The other 670 guests were dressed more as the Oceania brochures’ photos. 😊Perhaps country club casual has a broader definition than I thought… 🤔

Not the way I would dress but I don't really see the problem in those circumstances. I know people that wear Harley shirts that can buy and sell a lot of us many times over. On the other hand if they were wearing colors that would be a bit of a different demographic for Oceania. Sweats and flip flops at breakfast is not really that big of deal. I personally put on the clothes I'll be wearing for the day before going to breakfast, but I assume they hopped out of bed and went to breakfast. Then hopefully they changed before ports or a sea day. 

 

Personally I'm more offended by what is considered acceptable wear around the pool more than anything. Some people, including myself, just shouldn't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

On our last cruise, December, 2019, each morning a man and woman breakfasted in the Terrace Cafe in sweats & rubber flip flops. The same, very well used (not particularly clean looking) outfits each morning. On that same journey, another man wore a skin tight Harley Davidson t-shirt each day. The shirts were clean and different from time to time, not sure if he changed when dining at a specialty restaurant. The other 670 guests were dressed more as the Oceania brochures’ photos. 😊Perhaps country club casual has a broader definition than I thought… 🤔

I am not very concerned about what folks choose to wear to breakfast but prefer that my fellow cruisers make some effort at dinner (unless dining at the casual venue), particularly when dining at the wonderful specialty restaurants. The vast majority do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2021 at 9:03 PM, CintiPam said:

I am not very concerned about what folks choose to wear to breakfast but prefer that my fellow cruisers make some effort at dinner (unless dining at the casual venue), particularly when dining at the wonderful specialty restaurants. The vast majority do so.

I hesitated to comment in a negative way about Oceania as it is our preferred cruise line, only commented to suggest that not every Oceania cruiser considers ‘country club casual’ dress as depicted in the Oceania catalogs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

I hesitated to comment in a negative way about Oceania as it is our preferred cruise line, only commented to suggest that not every Oceania cruiser considers ‘country club casual’ dress as depicted in the Oceania catalogs. 

Those  are models & it is just marketing pics

 Yes sometimes  Oceania  needs to spell it out  for some  people

 Pictures  with the red X  through them showing  inappropriate  attire   would help those that are  dress code  challenged  😉

 

For the most part  people  dress  nicely 

JMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Those  are models & it is just marketing pics

 Yes sometimes  Oceania  needs to spell it out  for some  people

 Pictures  with the red X  through them showing  inappropriate  attire   would help those that are  dress code  challenged  😉

 

For the most part  people  dress  nicely 

JMO

That is actually a pretty good idea! We have been on Regent, Silversea, Seabourn and Oceania, and luckily have never really seen anything memorably outrageous on any of our cruises. We both enjoy people watching, and are usually entertained more than shocked and appalled. But I do agree that some attire is  not appropriate at a nice dining venue, such as my pet peeves: shorts and baseball caps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cotto22 said:

That is actually a pretty good idea! We have been on Regent, Silversea, Seabourn and Oceania, and luckily have never really seen anything memorably outrageous on any of our cruises. We both enjoy people watching, and are usually entertained more than shocked and appalled. But I do agree that some attire is  not appropriate at a nice dining venue, such as my pet peeves: shorts and baseball caps. 

I always feel a person should take off a hat or cap while dining, but shorts are acceptable at all venues on Oceania during breakfast or lunch, and in the Terrace in the evening. We can dislike something all we want, but it doesn't make it a violation of the dress code. 

 

I have a lot of pet peeves, but they're not binding on others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On Riviera at the GDR we saw a gentleman turned away by the hostess because he was wearing shorts.  If someone wants to dress casually there’s always the Terrace Cafe or room service.  I like that there are standards to be upheld.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roccaforte said:

On Riviera at the GDR we saw a gentleman turned away by the hostess because he was wearing shorts.  If someone wants to dress casually there’s always the Terrace Cafe or room service.  I like that there are standards to be upheld.  

I'm assuming this was dinner?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...